Texas Fishing Forum

1/8 Oz Roadrunner With Texas Toast

Posted By: Skip_48

1/8 Oz Roadrunner With Texas Toast - 05/22/15 07:23 PM

Just had this head looking at me and thought, maybe it would look good with some Texas Toast Chenille? SO here it is and yes that is painted over a Gold Plated head.

Skip

Posted By: pepop

Re: 1/8 Oz Roadrunner With Texas Toast - 05/22/15 11:09 PM

You were right my friend! It looks GREAT!! Sweet Paint.
Posted By: Jig Man

Re: 1/8 Oz Roadrunner With Texas Toast - 05/24/15 04:44 PM

Very nice....

Re: 1/8 Oz Roadrunner With Texas Toast - 05/25/15 02:34 PM

Thanks guys! Funny thing is the 1/8 Oz head really doesn't weigh more than their 1/16th oz head, LOL! Still can not understand why the 1/16 is so over sized??

Skip
Posted By: larry mays

Re: 1/8 Oz Roadrunner With Texas Toast - 05/25/15 04:53 PM

That is something that happens in the jig world. I use 1/32 and 1/48's on almost all of my jigs now, they are the fish head type and after I take the collar off they weigh 1/27 and 1/41 but its all about the fall of the jig in the water and both is just what I need. I'm happy

Re: 1/8 Oz Roadrunner With Texas Toast - 05/25/15 06:46 PM

Originally Posted By: larry mays
That is something that happens in the jig world. I use 1/32 and 1/48's on almost all of my jigs now, they are the fish head type and after I take the collar off they weigh 1/27 and 1/41 but its all about the fall of the jig in the water and both is just what I need. I'm happy

Yes and seems every mold maker makes a no collar jig head and then makes the collar using the same size head so the weight is always off like that, but neither of the Roadrunner heads were for soft plastics and both being Original Marabou Roadrunners. Seems to me they could get both close, but the 1/32 is the best at being what it says it is. These are the same ones I used in the 1970's. I have always used the 1/32 Oz, but think I want to try some slow trolling with these 1/8 Oz heads. They are way too heavy for my spring fishing mostly because of the Hydrilla and the little 1/32 will float right over most of it.

Skip
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum