Texas Fishing Forum

Rope Dub Roadrunner

Posted By: Skip_48

Rope Dub Roadrunner - 03/06/18 04:12 PM

Well I have been wanting to do this since about 2009 and did a tiny bit back then. So here is my first attempt at tying using Don O's Rope Dub Technique. It's passable to me, but I have work to do also. I do like how it can be fluffed up as much or as little as you like and the body is segmented and tight. I have work to do for sure as I hope to do a lot of this, just know I have to practice a lot if I want it to be doing this at a level I like. I soon want to be able to have hackle inside the rope and sticking out as if it was Palmered.

Skip

I am not really happy with this one, but here is the link to it....
http://www.crappie.com/crappie/attachmen...c09834-copy-jpg

Next I want to put a hackle feather inside the segmented part.
Posted By: Mittens

Re: Rope Dub Roadrunner - 03/06/18 04:16 PM

That looks very good. Crappie should jump all over it!! That'll be interesting trying to get hackle inside the rope!
Posted By: Jig Man

Re: Rope Dub Roadrunner - 03/06/18 04:20 PM

That Nor Vise should work perfect for what your doing...

Re: Rope Dub Roadrunner - 03/06/18 04:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Jig Man
That Nor Vise should work perfect for what your doing...

Your right, but any vise will do well with this technique as it's not a normal way to use dubbing where you use a dubbing loop. All that is not necessary in this method Don Ordes came up with many years ago. He made a DVD about how to do this and sold out, now has it where you can buy it by downloading it from his site. It's really cool way to tie. I was trying to learn it at the same time tying a ton of jigs so dropped it until now. So this is first one I did since I think 2011, lol?

Skip
Posted By: gar1970

Re: Rope Dub Roadrunner - 03/06/18 05:37 PM

Very cool! I wouldn't fish it for fear of loosing it. Has to be alot of time and effort to make a jig that perty
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Rope Dub Roadrunner - 03/08/18 04:40 AM

Nice bait. hooked
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Rope Dub Roadrunner - 03/08/18 02:27 PM

That is a pretty jig!!

Re: Rope Dub Roadrunner - 03/08/18 03:27 PM

Thank guys I appreciate that! I just need to buckle down and get after this method to get better and faster. I love the flexibility with this as you can change colors at any point and make the body out of almost anything you want.

Skip
Posted By: SK.

Re: Rope Dub Roadrunner - 03/15/18 07:42 PM

Ooohhhh YEAH..... on point as usual......

Re: Rope Dub Roadrunner - 03/16/18 02:40 PM

Originally Posted By: SK.
Ooohhhh YEAH..... on point as usual......

Thanks buddy!

Skip
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum