Texas Fishing Forum

Shamrock Rod and Reel Service... Top Quality Work

Posted By: moto382

Shamrock Rod and Reel Service... Top Quality Work - 08/18/17 12:04 AM

Had a few rods that had broken eyes on them, took them to Kevin at Shamrock Rod and Reel Service. Man he did an awesome job!! Very impressed and quick turnaround time!! Had him make my flipping stick look similar to the Irod rods I use now. Also had him redo the epoxy on a old Gloomis rod and he made it look like new again!! Totally worth the drive to Burleson.

Posted By: JDJ01

Re: Shamrock Rod and Reel Service... Top Quality Work - 08/18/17 01:39 PM

AGREE! my experience with Kevin was top notch. I had my rod back next day after a long 3 weeks with another repair guy that yielded an incomplete fix and a $30 dollar reach in my pockets. I gave my rod to Kevin at an event where he had a booth and next day I was back in business!
Posted By: TBassYates

Re: Shamrock Rod and Reel Service... Top Quality Work - 08/18/17 01:42 PM

He has built me 2 custom rods that I feel would have cost me twice the price and they are the best feeling rods I have ever had. My only problem is having to wait to get more rods to replace all of my existing one's.
He also does great service work on reels. I have some really old Curados he has put back into mint condition for me.
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Shamrock Rod and Reel Service... Top Quality Work - 08/18/17 01:49 PM

It doesn't get any better than Kevin's work. He was able to even fix a broken rod that had 6" missing off the tip. We worked on the solutions and he was able to come up with the fix. His reel cleaning is $15 per reel and all his work is guaranteed to please.

Don't let those favorite rods set in the corner just because you wish they had a different handle on them, or for any other reason. He can make them new again with his custom work. Kevin seems to travel all over the Metro-Plex, so give him a call to set up a meeting place to get your repairs taken care of.
Posted By: Bassinfool

Re: Shamrock Rod and Reel Service... Top Quality Work - 08/18/17 03:10 PM

Kevin does a very good job and he is reasonable on his prices. Need rods or reels cleaned or new rod made, contact him.
Posted By: ShamrockSmith

Re: Shamrock Rod and Reel Service... Top Quality Work - 08/20/17 02:56 AM

Thanks for the kind words guys. I am pleased to meet each of you and am truly honored with the reviews. I will always be here if you need me again. cheers
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum