Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Fork Guide Jay Kendrick

Posted By: Rob Lay

Lake Fork Guide Jay Kendrick - 03/04/16 01:58 PM

I just fished with Jay the last couple days and wanted to recommend him. Everyone knows Cody Malone is my boy, he gets that title for life getting me on that 12, but Cody wasn't available this week. Jay is a fellow FLW Costa boater finishing 67th out of 202 at the first event on Rayburn. Jay is one of the newest and youngest guides on Fork, so not that well known yet, but he will be. He has actually been fishing Fork way back to High School and was a very accomplished college fisherman.

He got me on a nice bite Wednesday and that afternoon we literally watched 8-10 pounders swim into this pocket. In 30 minutes we saw 4-5 different ones in small area. Unfortunately the wind kept us from staying on them yesterday. However, we did find a protected clear water area with big ones already on beds. We sight fished a 5-6+ pounder for about 15 minutes, but she was just too spooky. It will be on within days.

Jay's youth and college fishing experience is a strength, he has a breadth of techniques from old school to new school. I have fished with 20+ guides and 20+ pros as a coangler and Jay still taught me some techniques I had never seen.

http://www.lakeforkproguide.com

Posted By: AdvTX

Re: Lake Fork Guide Jay Kendrick - 03/04/16 02:29 PM

Very nice! Headed there tomorrow
Posted By: Chris G

Re: Lake Fork Guide Jay Kendrick - 03/04/16 02:34 PM

Jay is a great guy and one heck of a fisherman. He's still not sure what he wants to be when he grows up but he can put the fish in the boat. smile
Posted By: Ride-or-Fish ®

Re: Lake Fork Guide Jay Kendrick - 03/04/16 02:39 PM

Nice fish! Glad you fellas enjoyed some good time on the water!

I've had the immense pleasure of spending time in the boat with Jay as well. While he is professional, knowledgeable and an excellent angler in his own right, he is still humble enough to listen and learn (not from me, by the way) in order to better himself and his clients. Jay will be around for a long time. I wish him noting but success and look forward to fishing with him again soon!

(dude is a goober, though)
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Lake Fork Guide Jay Kendrick - 03/04/16 02:45 PM

Fun fished with Jay a time or two. Always a great time. He can catch em.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Lake Fork Guide Jay Kendrick - 03/04/16 02:46 PM

Good report Rob.

He put Cameron on a pretty "nice" one wink
Posted By: LoneStarHusker

Re: Lake Fork Guide Jay Kendrick - 03/04/16 02:52 PM

Jay is a great guy and will work really hard to get you on fish. +1 for Jay's business!

Re: Lake Fork Guide Jay Kendrick - 03/04/16 02:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Ken A.
Good report Rob.

He put Cameron on a pretty "nice" one wink

that is a GREAT story!
Posted By: bsouth401

Re: Lake Fork Guide Jay Kendrick - 03/04/16 04:31 PM

Jay is good'en for sure! Don't let his age spook you. He's a natural born fishermen with God given instincts and a passion for this sport. Combine that with his work ethic and watch out!
Posted By: aneil

Re: Lake Fork Guide Jay Kendrick - 03/04/16 04:31 PM

Evan and I were talking about Cameron and Jay and that 14lb just yesterday! Jay is a great angler and a good guy all around.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Lake Fork Guide Jay Kendrick - 03/04/16 04:40 PM

Nice fish. cheers
Posted By: pinesjunkie

Re: Lake Fork Guide Jay Kendrick - 03/05/16 12:23 AM

I get to travel with Jay during a few events out the year and can tell you he's a stand up guy and a great stick and will help anyone out he can!

Re: Lake Fork Guide Jay Kendrick - 03/05/16 12:30 AM

Originally Posted By: pinesjunkie
I get to travel with Jay during a few events out the year and can tell you he's a stand up guy and a great stick and will help anyone out he can!

reminder Jay doesn't guide just Fork. he also does...

Cypress Springs
Bob Sandlin
Lake O' The Pines
Monticello
Welsh
Brandy Branch
Posted By: InTheClear

Re: Lake Fork Guide Jay Kendrick - 03/05/16 03:16 AM

Good to see some of these younger men committed to their craft. They bring a whole new "view" to the lake, and are dam near bullet proof at their age. Tough way to grow a new business battling Mother Nature and all the recreational fisherman just in the last 10-15 years, boats are everywhere these days! There are some very talented young men producing results on Fork over the last few years, hard work pays off!

I have not personally fished with him but their are about (2) others there I would like to who are fairly new, young, and up-in-coming. I am just addicted to Falcon and Sugar.
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Zach Hughes

Re: Lake Fork Guide Jay Kendrick - 03/05/16 03:33 AM

Jay is a good guy and guide.
Posted By: racing75

Re: Lake Fork Guide Jay Kendrick - 03/05/16 08:59 PM

Jay came and talked to our high school fishing team last year at one of our meetings. Awesome guy and he knows his stuff.
Posted By: stratos1760dv

Re: Lake Fork Guide Jay Kendrick - 03/31/16 06:52 AM

Great guide and very helpful. Great post Mr Rob.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum