Texas Fishing Forum

FISHING WITH JAMES BIGGS

Posted By: Ty Burns

FISHING WITH JAMES BIGGS - 03/24/18 10:05 PM

I went fishing with James Biggs last Thursday. I say fishing, we got to that after we talked for about an hour. He took the time to find out what I wanted to learn. He taught me a lot about seasonal patterns and how to break down a lake depending on the time of year. He also told me WHY he does it that way, some of the other people I have gone out with have told me what they do but not why they do it. I have a much better understanding of why I should do these things. My problem was fishing deeper water with nothing to aim at (I'm a bank beater by nature) I needed a tree or something to aim at. He also, in my boat on my graphs, showed me what to look for when fishing out deeper. I thought he was getting a little cocky when he said one of us would catch a fish in our first five cast, he took us to the first spot which was a rocky flat that dropped of to deeper water, I hooked up first cast. There was nothing there and I normally would not have fished that area. After he had explained why we were fishing that spot it made perfect sense as to why the fish were there. He is an excellent instructor. I fish two or three little tournaments a month (bass club, working mans, and this year bass champs) I always manage to catch 4 or 5 fish, but I never catch a lot. I was not fishing in the correct spots for numbers of fish. I learned Thursday what I need to do, he not explained what to do, he showed me. We had a thirty+ fish day.
Money well spent.
Thank you James Biggs
Posted By: elsmaxfli

Re: FISHING WITH JAMES BIGGS - 03/24/18 11:05 PM

Couldn't agree more. We didn't catch that many but my son learned a lot, and he did pull some good ones out, so we knew it worked.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: FISHING WITH JAMES BIGGS - 03/24/18 11:25 PM

I went out with him last Summer. Conditions were about as bad as they could be for fishing that day. We did not catch but a couple fish BUT he explained everything so well as to why and how that I went back and never had a bad day the rest of the Summer. I hit another lake that I have been to but never did great on and I did well. I also went to a brand new lake and used what he taught and caught fish there too. He is the real deal.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum