Texas Fishing Forum

What is this section about ??? Please read before posting...

Posted By: J.P. Greeson

What is this section about ??? Please read before posting... - 04/01/09 01:55 PM

The TFF Hook up with a Soldier project was set up for active duty wounded, soldiers suffering from PTSD, and those just returning from duty who need a break and some time on the water.

We want to keep this simple.

At this time, we prefer to keep this to you and a few of your friends taking a few soldiers out for some time on the water. We may put together one or two events a year in the future to compliment this program.

In the mean time, just post up what you want to offer. It can be anything from a half day on the water to a few days, including what ever you want – lodging, meals and if you want to, contact a local store or fishing related manufacturer and get a few goodies for the soldiers you are taking fishing. Only offer what you are capable of producing and definitely don’t create too much work for yourself. Our main goal is to get the soldiers out on the water for a little relaxation ... and it is of course, a way to show your support and appreciation of our military.

Please make sure and post the lake or coastal area where you will be taking the soldiers and if you have date restrictions, post those as well. Also, please remember to make it easy for the soldiers to get in touch with you.

flag

Posted By: Murrydog

Looking for active duty, wounded soldiers who like to fish - 12/18/10 06:59 PM

I will be at Falcon Lake February and March. The back seat is open. I fish out of a Z21 with a 250 Yamy.

active, retired wounded only requirement is that you like to fish

PM me if you are intrested.
Posted By: Carl K

Re: Looking for active duty, wounded soldiers who like to fish - 03/17/11 02:53 PM

I would be more then happy to have a soilder join me on the tourney dates as long as they pay there entry fee. My son is currently in Afganistan and I know the journey you have been thru and would love to help someone enjoy a great day fishing!

Just PM me and we can go from there.

I am in the Waco/TEmple Area.

Look forward to helping a program like this. Would be a ball to brighten these guys days! And thank them personally for being over there as my son is a Marine. BUT I DONT care what branch as I was Army haha.
Posted By: BobClark

Re: Looking for active duty, wounded soldiers who like to fish - 04/14/11 04:00 AM

Bob Clark Here. I would love to help out with the active duty and wounded soilders. The motor is being rebuild for my boat (1977/78 18.5ft Ranger, Not pretty, but it works great. I live in West Arlington, have an extra room with bed, big tv in front room and seperate bathroom. Can go to any lake. Lots of extra poles and equipment. My days off are Fridays and Saturdays. My email is bobc85@gmail.com.
Posted By: muscogeemike

Re: Looking for active duty, wounded soldiers who like to fish - 04/14/11 01:12 PM

I am retired Army, I would be proud to take any active duty service members or wounded warriors fishing at Cedar Creek, Palastine, or Lake Athens. This includes active recruiters of any service or returning Reserve or Natl. Guard members.
I've been there and I thank them all.
Posted By: nitetrane

Re: Looking for active duty, wounded soldiers who like to fish - 06/02/12 05:45 PM

This is a great idea. My name is Eric. I fish lake Tawakoni for cats or whatever is biting. Evenings are good for me. So are weekends. I got everything we will need. It'll be a lot of fun. If ya want we can take out the boat or just try from the bank if ya want. Give me a holler I'd like the company. 9032170680

Posted By: Just James

Re: Looking for active duty, wounded soldiers who like to fish - 04/07/13 03:05 AM

I live on Lake Bob Sandlin, I am a 65 year old disabled Viet Nam Vet, I have a 19' cobra with a new motor,I would love to take recent wars disabled vets out on Sandlin. I am retired so dates are the option of the veteran. I will pay everything including lunch at Bayfoot Bay Marina, I have all the fishing gear, so all they need to bring is themselves. James at 337-207-8142, I
Posted By: Uncle Zeek

Re: Looking for active duty, wounded soldiers who like to fish - 04/13/13 03:44 AM

Former Marine here - always happy to take wounded warriors or other veterans out fishing on Lewisville lake on weekends. Have a boat with a deck large enough to accomodate a wheelchair (or two).

If there's 3-4 of you & I have some advance notice, my family will ensure that you have a good meal waiting when we get back in to shore.
Posted By: bwmiller836

Re: Looking for active duty, wounded soldiers who like to fish - 04/30/13 12:28 AM

I am new to this forum but I would be happy to take a soldier or two out for a day of fishing. We can go to Sam Rayburn or Toledo Bend which ever they would like. I have plenty of gear so no worries there. I will provide food and refreshments. If anyone is interested they can email me at bwmiller836@gmail.com and we can figure out what time works out best. I am retired so weekdays are no problem.
Posted By: SNorgge

Re: Looking for active duty, wounded soldiers who like to fish - 05/03/13 05:30 AM

I'd love to take a soldier out for fishing. Nothings quite as therapeutic as lounging out on a beautiful, peaceful strip of shore. I mostly fish for Carp, but I'm also fully equipped for Bass and Catfish. I usually fish Weatherford, Granbury, Twin Coves at Flower Mound, Benbrook, French Lake, Joe Pool, Brazos River, Trinity River...I'm pretty flexible with travel! All gear, food, and drink will be on us! We usually grab dinner afterwards too, again totally on us smile

I work and sometimes my schedule is a little unpredictable but there's no problem if planned in advance.

s.plugge@charter.net
Posted By: lingram11

Re: Looking for active duty, wounded soldiers who like to fish - 05/07/13 09:53 PM

I I am a disabled vet with PTSD and TBI....how do I get into this program...my days consist of being mr mom and the house cleaning lady... I try to go fishing on the brazous river with a buddy every sunday but we dont catch anything....I want to learn more about crappie and bass fishing or anything else someone will teach me....I was an MP from 99 through 05...did two tours in iraq. Ill go anywhere. I live in tomball tx......I just wanna fish...thanks yall
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: Looking for active duty, wounded soldiers who like to fish - 05/08/13 07:56 PM

Can't do anyhting this weekend (Mother's Day) but I will be making trips up to my property regularly soon. I can have a few guests come out and do a little stock tank fishing for crappie, bluegill and bass. You can camp on my place if you'd like to stay overnight (I stay in a small RV when i go up). I have gear and bring way too much food most of the time smile . It's not much but fish are easy to catch and its far from the hustle and bustle of any city.
Posted By: sstone2591

Re: Looking for active duty, wounded soldiers who like to fish - 06/10/13 05:00 PM

I fish all around the San Marcos-Austin area sometimes Killeen. If any veterans or active duty want to go out I will have a seat open for ya. I'm a college student and get to fish a lot I don't have many spinning rods so if you can cast a baitcaster that would be better if not we will figure something out. Give me a call or pm me 5126805262.
Posted By: ColoradoTransplant

Re: Looking for active duty, wounded soldiers who like to fish - 06/12/13 12:20 AM

Hey all -- I am a vet, living in the FT Hood area, and just getting back into fishing (and the civilian lifestyle)... I fished religiously in CO prior to serving, and have alot of experience with trout (bass do not get too big up there, but I have still caught quite a few)

I would love to get out and see some good fishing action in the areas around me (1-2 hour radius)... If anyone wants some company on a trip, I am generally willing to go most weekends early in the mornin, have all my own gear (rods/reels, lures, etc)

Re: Looking for active duty, wounded soldiers who like to fish - 06/12/13 04:16 PM

PM me if you want to do a litle stock pond fishing. I plan on being out at my place this weekend.
Posted By: ColoradoTransplant

Re: Looking for active duty, wounded soldiers who like to fish - 06/12/13 08:53 PM

Is your pond in the central TX area? I was looking at your posts and it looks like you may be a long ways away

Re: Looking for active duty, wounded soldiers who like to fish - 06/13/13 01:17 PM

It's in Calvert Tx. About 84 miles east of Ft Hood.
Posted By: jae011

Re: What is this section about ??? Please read before posting... - 06/26/13 12:17 AM

I am coming home in july and would love to be able to hit up some fishing. I can help with gas and any other expenses. I am willing to do anything from freshwater or saltwater. I just want to fish Texas again. PM me if anyone is interested. Thanks.
Posted By: Maico Daugie

Re: What is this section about ??? Please read before posting... - 07/03/13 03:21 AM

jae011 you have been PM'ed by a fellow Buff Crew Chief!

I just read your post & I would be honored to have you 'all with us. God speed in your safe return.

Doug
Posted By: Hookset Brother- Martin

Re: What is this section about ??? Please read before posting... - 09/03/13 12:28 AM

I'm an active duty wounded warrior with a brand new nitro z7 and would love t take any soldier out who lives in ft hood area. Email me and we can go from there. Mrtn_montoya@yahoo.com
Posted By: armadillo joe

Re: What is this section about ??? Please read before posting... - 09/09/13 12:27 AM

I live on Lake Fork and will gladly take military service people fishing. I have did it since the late Joe Axton started it here. You can use your equipment or mine your preference lunch on me is included. Either PM me or email armadillojoe8@gmail.com
Posted By: ChrisMorris

Re: What is this section about ??? Please read before posting... - 09/22/13 03:14 AM

I live in the Houston area and would love to take a vet out to Fayette or Conroe! PM or email me if anyone is interested. I'll provide the equipment and lunch!
Posted By: Chance Bailey

Re: Looking for active duty, wounded soldiers who like to fish - 02/02/14 10:18 AM

Army veteran here - Any service member active, retired, disabled or not is welcome on board with me at any time...FREE OF CHARGE. I do work offshore on a 2 week rotation, however, I am off for 2 weeks at a time with nothing better to do but go fishing. I can't promise a mess of fish every trip, but I promise we will try. I fish from a 22' Kenner bay boat so there's not much water or weather we can't handle. If you are interested pm me or email me at cabailey_1@yahoo.com and see what I've got going on.
Posted By: c-hoss

Re: What is this section about ??? Please read before posting... - 02/05/14 02:47 PM

thumb for your Support for the Troups flag
Posted By: Rithy

Re: Looking for active duty, wounded soldiers who like to fish - 05/11/14 10:26 AM

Is a Marine allowed in this thread?
Posted By: MrAndersuun

Re: Looking for active duty, wounded soldiers who like to fish - 06/04/14 05:17 PM

Navy Vet here, 4yrs active, current reservist at NASJRB Fort worth! I'm pretty green to fishing lakes... used to when i was younger with my father, but haven't been out in several years. Would love to snag a seat anywhere around DFW sometime and learn some, and eventually be a part of some tourny's. I have all my own gear and would pitch in for gas if you like. I live a stone's thrown north of joe pool in Grand Prairie. Thanks in advance, and thanks for all of you who previously and continue supporting the armed forces. It's an honor, and though we do what we do for America, you guys especially make it worthwhile.

Josh
Posted By: Quinten210

Fishing in the San Antonio area - 09/28/14 09:56 PM

I am a retired army vet and I normally fish in the San Antonio area during the day on either mondays or fridays. I don't have anything fancy, just a 05' Bass Tracker with a 75hp on it, but if anyone wants to tag along I would be happy to have them. You can pm me or email me direct at quinten.mallette@gmail.com
Posted By: Chemdawg

Re: Fishing in the San Antonio area - 11/02/14 07:07 PM

I am a Disabled Vet I live in the Ft Hood area I dont mined taking anyone fishing My wife wont let me go by my self anymore. I dont get out much I have a boat I would love to go up north of here and fish some of those lake like RC Limstone Lake fork I just started to cat fishing I found after about 1hr of handling the boat and casting non stop I was just in to much pain I also make and sell my own catfish bait. I have not issue with discounting for military I a lot of time i go on post and just ask a JOE hanging around the barcks if the want to go.

Posted By: stuntmandave

Re: Fishing in the San Antonio area - 12/10/14 09:37 PM

I'm an Army Veteran who was medically discharged last year. Looking at joining a bass club to fish, but was wondering if there's anyone here in the Dallas area who is part of this. I will have a break from school till the end of January, and was hoping to get out on the water. I'm more than willing to pitch in on gas and any other fees.

Thanks
Posted By: Transplant from WV

Re: Looking for active duty, wounded soldiers who like to fish - 09/03/15 01:18 AM

Greetings fellow Vets... I bass fish out of the DFW area and the back of my boat is almost always open. Drop me a PM if you would like to go.
Posted By: Ricky Taylor

Re: Looking for active duty, wounded soldiers who like to fish - 09/23/15 03:24 AM

All Vets or Active duty has an open invite on my boat. 92' Ranger w/ 08 Evinrude.
Drinks, food, fuel, and anything else is all on me. I have all the gear, rods, reels, tackle, and whatever else covered. I usually fish around Ellis County (Joe Pool, Waxahachie, Clark, Alvarado, Mtn Creek...) but will be glad to take a day trip to an ETX lake to fish.
My number is 469-744-8560. Text is preferred due to my busy work schedule.
Posted By: Kyle405

Re: Looking for active duty, wounded soldiers who like to fish - 11/06/15 02:38 AM

6 years Army infantry here. 2 deployments to OEF. Wounded on my second tour. I just got a boat and willing to take veterans out at no cost. I fish the DFW area but will travel anywhere for good bite. I don't have a lot of poles or gear so all I ask is you bring your own, I'll supply the drinks and snacks. PM me if you want to get out!
Posted By: stuntmandave

Re: Looking for active duty, wounded soldiers who like to fish - 11/07/15 01:14 AM

Hey Kyle, I'm prior Army Infantry as well. If you ever want to fish Lavon or Hubbard I'd be glad to kick in on gas, I have plenty of rods, reels, and gear. It'd be good to fish with a blue cord brother. Thanks for your service and sacrifice man. Hope you've recovered well, hit me up if you want to wet a line.
Posted By: Chris Ayala

Re: Looking for active duty, wounded soldiers who like to fish - 11/20/15 06:03 AM

Hello my name is chris. I have a center console boat and room for up to four individuals. I am willing to take any military member out to fish. I fish Joe pool, Lewisville, & Grapevine for whatever is biting. Contact me 972-877-7430 we will schedule anyday you're available and ready. I have poles and tackle also wiling to provide meals and drinks.
Posted By: Transplant from WV

Re: Looking for active duty, wounded soldiers who like to fish - 12/21/15 04:03 PM

My name is Bill. I am a USAR and USAF vet. My daughter is full time OH ANG. I have plenty of rods and will provide food and drink. Call me at 614.929.4922.
Posted By: Hallt

Re: Looking for active duty, wounded soldiers who like to fish - 03/03/16 09:02 PM

My name is Tim. I am a Marine myself. Did 5 tours. I live in the Fairfield area. I would love to have someone ride along and fish with me. PM me and we will figure out the details.
Posted By: Hallt

Re: Looking for active duty, wounded soldiers who like to fish - 03/03/16 10:24 PM

Hey there, I am a Marine vet living the civilian life. I am in Fairfield. I fish the local lakes around here. If anyone needs to get on the lake or fish from land I will provide the boat, tackle, poles, gas, food, drinks, etc. just come ready to fish. PM me and we can figure out the soecifics
Posted By: Superfish

Re: What is this section about ??? Please read before posting... - 07/23/16 04:06 PM

TEXOMA VET will fish with any vet in the area.

I run a 2015 Legend Tactical V20 - all you need is clean underwear and a good attitude.

PM me for anything else.....
Posted By: Daniel P.

Re: What is this section about ??? Please read before posting... - 03/04/17 02:11 PM

Sad to see that this Topic isn't more active now than before... Anyways, I'm a USMC vet who is looking for anyone who wants to go fishing.. I mostly shore bank as I have no boat but am open to ride along. :-) I have fished many ponds and some lakes in the Dallas area but have yet to catch that big one.. I'll fish for cats, bass, or anything that bites... haha. If you would like to head out for some fishing comraderie, hit me up. I love to fish every chance I get and am currently free on weekends! Going today, thinking Lewisville or Lavon to see if I can get some cats!

Daniel P.
USMC Vet 89-93
OOH RAH!
Posted By: Roper

Re: Looking for active duty, wounded soldiers who like to fish - 04/02/17 01:56 PM

I always have a seat open and gear to share with a active/disabled/retired veteran(s) all on me. If you want to fish near the DFW area, just shoot me a PM and we'll get it set up and I'll take care of the rest.
Posted By: Roper

Re: What is this section about ??? Please read before posting... - 04/02/17 01:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Daniel P.
Sad to see that this Topic isn't more active now than before... Anyways, I'm a USMC vet who is looking for anyone who wants to go fishing.. I mostly shore bank as I have no boat but am open to ride along. :-) I have fished many ponds and some lakes in the Dallas area but have yet to catch that big one.. I'll fish for cats, bass, or anything that bites... haha. If you would like to head out for some fishing comraderie, hit me up. I love to fish every chance I get and am currently free on weekends! Going today, thinking Lewisville or Lavon to see if I can get some cats!

Daniel P.
USMC Vet 89-93
OOH RAH!

Daniel P. I live in Sachse right now, but will be moving to Royse City. I work 3 weeks on 3 weeks off and am free whenever. If you ever want to chase some bass give me a holler. Thank you.
Posted By: Daniel P.

Re: What is this section about ??? Please read before posting... - 04/15/17 12:20 PM

Hey Roper,
I have been going fishing every weekend for past couple of months at local pond in Richardson and am down for lake or new spot fishing. The pond I go to has some nice bass and bullheads but I'm also looking to catch some big cats, stripers and anything that bites. :-) Let me know when you are free and maybe we could set something up. Looking forward to possibly meeting up.

Fish On!!
Posted By: scubaarchery

Re: What is this section about ??? Please read before posting... - 06/23/17 06:53 AM

I live in Allen and fish Lewisville for sandbass and hybrids. Boat is in the shop for a bit to get a setback plate installed but will be fishing soon enough. I fish every weekend the weather let's me and make a run to Galveston once a quarter to chase tuna on a 30 hr trip on the New Buccaneer (Galveston party boats) Ping me if vets are interested. You have to cover your tuna boat costs but I have all of the gear for 1-2 people.
Posted By: CollinCountyCab

Re: What is this section about ??? Please read before posting... - 08/17/17 10:35 AM

Kevin Ryan here...on the water 4 to 5 days a week. Call me and we'll fish. SIMPLE. Have boat, dock, cleaning station ect. 24' Fishtoon. Just keep it simple Once again, call me and we'll fish!

Lake lewisville, Pier 121

Wanna shoot hogs....got that covered as well. Just call and we're "pinchin!"

Kevin
469-952-7772
Posted By: Pintail711

Re: What is this section about ??? Please read before posting... - 09/08/17 05:55 AM

If any vets are in the Longview area that wants to fish, give me shout. I mainly bass and crappie fish. 9037383599. Call anytime and we will go. Thank you for your service. Jordan
Posted By: diesel_Power_House

Re: What is this section about ??? Please read before posting... - 11/05/17 05:40 AM

9 year OIF and OEF army veteran here. Currently in the H.E.B area. Love cat fishing, but would like to try my hand at crappie fishing. I’m out of work due to re-injury of my ankle. I would be humbled to tag along with any one going out on g-vine, Lewisville, mountain creek, lake Arlington, marine creek. I would love to go out farther than that, but gas to go out much more than that I can’t really afford right now.
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: What is this section about ??? Please read before posting... - 12/14/18 07:08 PM

Ill be in Texas Jan 7th for 3 months fishing WEEKDAYS mostly.

Im a young 47 no smoking on my boat.

Ill be starting at Falcon and working my way north the next three months I will edit this post with my location.

Tentatively looking at Falcon, Austin, Conroe, Nachoniche, Rayburn, Fork, Monticello in order.

Im open to other lakes in between, these.

Pm me on here.
Posted By: ej2525

Re: What is this section about ??? Please read before posting... - 04/23/19 07:40 PM

I have been on this forum for a number of years and just saw this thread. It's a great idea and would be happy to have a veteran come on a fishing trip with me. I am in the Houston area (NE Side) and have a 23 ft. center console that is capable of bay fishing, jetties and offshore to about 30 miles in the right weather conditions to catch some big fish. No fees, I got all the gear and usually launch from Tx City Dike. I don't go fishing as much as would like to but if anyone meets the criteria and has the itch to wet a line give me a PM or text 281-770-2735. Just have to meet up with me and have a valid license.
Posted By: TexasRoughFishing

Re: What is this section about ??? Please read before posting... - 07/11/19 01:03 AM

I know this is a huge bump and for that I apologize, but I just saw this section and just wanted to say that I’m 21, and frequently fish both Lake Somerville and Lake Bryan, typically euro-style carp and buffalo fishing, and would be more than happy to accompany a soldier for a day of fishing. If any soldier, either active duty or veteran, would like to try out carp and buffalo fishing, I’m free most any weekend. I can provide bait, rigs and rods. I can’t guarantee any monsters, but I would do my absolute best to get them on a few decent carp and/or buffalo. I can be contacted at 409-377-5563, or by email at tylerdrakemusicx@gmail.com
Posted By: Tommar

Re: What is this section about ??? Please read before posting... - 07/11/19 09:30 PM

Another nice offer. Sounds like fun.
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: What is this section about ??? Please read before posting... - 08/04/19 03:24 PM

If any active, retired, veterans are in the Ray Roberts area....I'd be proud to take you out on the lake. I'm a military brat so I grew up respecting out men / women in uniforms.

Still learning Ray Bob but we can get out fish for bass or pan fish. Feel free to reach out.

Re: What is this section about ??? Please read before posting... - 08/05/19 03:52 AM

thumb thumb
Posted By: Old Lightfighter

Re: What is this section about ??? Please read before posting... - 09/08/19 04:25 PM

Howdy folks. I'm a disabled combat vet looking for some fishing buddies. I live in North Fort Worth and I'm willing to travel, avid kayak fisherman.
Posted By: Larry Mosby

Re: What is this section about ??? Please read before posting... - 05/06/20 02:42 AM

Hi! I am an experienced bass angler and captain for high school along with youth anglers. I am also president of our local high school club and would be willing to take a veteran fishing in east Texas at no charge.

Re: What is this section about ??? Please read before posting... - 05/06/20 10:19 PM

Another offer!! Thank you so much! Hopefully you can get someone to take you up on it.

If you’re down my way give me a holler.
Posted By: Larry Mosby

Re: What is this section about ??? Please read before posting... - 05/14/20 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by Tommar
Another offer!! Thank you so much! Hopefully you can get someone to take you up on it.

If you’re down my way give me a holler.

Will do
Posted By: BAR

Re: What is this section about ??? Please read before posting... - 08/15/20 07:43 PM

I always have an open seat on Lake Corpus Christi. Just PM with some notice. Mostly fish Sundays and Mondays. All vets welcome! Just meet at ramp, I have everything covered.

Re: What is this section about ??? Please read before posting... - 08/16/20 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by BAR
I always have an open seat on Lake Corpus Christi. Just PM with some notice. Mostly fish Sundays and Mondays. All vets welcome! Just meet at ramp, I have everything covered.

I think you’re the closest I’ve seen post in this section. Tempted to take you up on it.

How’s fishing on Lake Corpus Christi? I don’t care the species. I just like fishing.
Posted By: BAR

Re: What is this section about ??? Please read before posting... - 08/18/20 02:23 PM

Lake Corpus Christi is different than most lakes we fish. The white bass are pretty easy when they're breaking the water. Black bass are there in the right spots but they are tough to come by and we haven't had a "trophy" sized largemouth. Occasional catfish but we don't target them, we get a stray on a crankbait or a shaky head/worm combo. Crappies are here and there but there are some very good ones. I'm working on the carp thing for fun. Just for a reference, two trips ago end of July we took home 6 white bass and a crappie and landed 14 white bass and a largemouth that went back. The most recent trip last week we took home a catfish and 10 white bass. We hook an additional 21 white bass and a crappie but they went back. You just never know!
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: What is this section about ??? Please read before posting... - 12/19/20 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by Larry Mosby
Hi! I am an experienced bass angler and captain for high school along with youth anglers. I am also president of our local high school club and would be willing to take a veteran fishing in east Texas at no charge.

I live pretty close to Larry and fish a lot of the same lakes.

So if there are a couple friends that want to go and Larry is okay with it I will be more than happy to offer my boat as well!

If there is just one person that wants to go my boat will always have a seat open! cheers texas flag
Posted By: Double Row

Re: What is this section about ??? Please read before posting... - 06/18/21 07:12 PM

I live near Sulphur Springs and can take a veteran or active military out. I mostly fish for white bass, hybrids and striped bass and I am trying to learn crappie fishing. My boat is an old Hurricane Deck boat with the latest electronics, which I am learning to use. I travel for work and am sometime gone for over a month at a time, but I have been home for 3 months now. I can fish Fork, Tawakoni or Cooper Lakes. I've got all the equipment covered, just shoot me a message with your phone number and I will get back with you.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum