Texas Fishing Forum

Joe Pool

Posted By: Greg W

Joe Pool - 08/26/17 11:05 PM

Anyone have any advice for Pool? I know they like cover, so wondering if there are any cats under the damaged marina just north of Cedar Creek park. I can get bass in there in the spring, but I've never tried to catfish on Pool and am essentially a noob on catfishing in general. Thx in advance.
Posted By: WilliamKidd

Re: Joe Pool - 08/27/17 06:22 PM

Been a long time since I fished JP but I've always been able to catch cats easily by dropping stink bait under the cormorants sitting on trees.
Posted By: Coop-Dogg

Re: Joe Pool - 08/27/17 08:18 PM

The marina is gone, they were hauling it off a month or so back, the tire barrier was the only thing left.

Re: Joe Pool - 08/27/17 08:39 PM

Ended up going to EM and it was really windy and no one was on the lake. So I just fished drop shots off the dock at Twin Cove and got 6 bass in about 2.5 hrs. Missed a really nice one. Had him on the line for a while, but he somehow got off right when I was getting him to the surface. :-(. Still not bad for never taking the boat out. The TPW guy came buy and told me normally not to fish there but as there was literally only one other trailer in the parking lot, so he said not to worry.
Posted By: Mark's Fence Repair

Re: Joe Pool - 09/02/17 09:55 PM

Just a hint if you know how to catch em drop a line by where the tires use to float there is some stacked up in there

Re: Joe Pool - 09/06/17 03:20 AM

Thanks Mark
Posted By: Woodwzrd

Re: Joe Pool - 09/14/17 06:57 PM

Never fished JP, gonna have to go.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum