Texas Fishing Forum

Check out this rig

Posted By: Catfanman

Check out this rig - 07/22/17 12:34 AM

Iam going to use this rig next time I go catfishing because I can put up to 3 hooks on it and because is made with materials I already have what do y'all think about it
Posted By: WillieRip

Re: Check out this rig - 07/22/17 02:49 AM

Well, let's see what the fish think. They're the ones you have to impress.

Re: Check out this rig - 07/22/17 02:55 AM

Good point
Posted By: BrianTx01

Re: Check out this rig - 07/22/17 10:53 PM

I am personally not a fan of snap swivels for hooks.
Posted By: SARG

Re: Check out this rig - 07/23/17 12:21 AM

Looks like a hardware store
Posted By: catcrew68

Re: Check out this rig - 07/23/17 08:16 PM

Then I could catch three turtles!
Posted By: mjmetro0719

Re: Check out this rig - 07/23/17 09:39 PM

personally I like to keep things simple without overthinking rig options. I use a santee cooper rig, three way rig and slip cork rig, if I cant catch fish on any of those three then it was not my day. the important thing is the bait that you are using to get the fish to bite. your rig will get a bite if you are using the right bait but if you are lucky to get a nice fish on and you are fishing where there is structure whether it is rocks, logs, brush or heavy weeds then you have increased your chances of getting hung up and broken off and losing all that tackle. give it a shot and if it works for you then good for you, sometimes you have to figure things out using trial and error. good luck to you and hope you can get some good fish.
Posted By: Caribou

Re: Check out this rig - 07/23/17 11:03 PM

Looks like it's 3 times as likely to get hung up and end up on the bottom of the lake. You already have mono, swivels, hooks, and sinkers. You already have what you need to make usable rigs. Don't over think it.
Posted By: jackiekennedyfishingguide

Re: Check out this rig - 07/23/17 11:17 PM

Rube Goldberg would really like it!

Re: Check out this rig - 07/24/17 02:39 AM

How's this y'all is this better?
Posted By: KQT

Re: Check out this rig - 07/24/17 03:21 AM

Looks good. Just an idea, I might try putting a float on the last snap swivel to float the baits off the bottom.

Re: Check out this rig - 07/24/17 03:38 AM

Originally Posted By: Catfanman

Got yourself a catfish rig there. If you have trouble hooking up, you might ditch the snap swivel and learn to smell your hooks. Let us know.

Re: Check out this rig - 07/24/17 11:55 AM

OK I will
Posted By: Nickbyrd

Re: Check out this rig - 07/24/17 12:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Caribou

Got yourself a catfish rig there. If you have trouble hooking up, you might ditch the snap swivel and learn to smell your hooks. Let us know.

When you smell your hooks don't put them too close to your nose tho might end up with a new piercing roflmao

Re: Check out this rig - 07/24/17 04:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Nickbyrd
Originally Posted By: Caribou

When you smell your hooks don't put them too close to your nose tho might end up with a new piercing roflmao

Ha! A good hook is a smelly hook.

That obviously should have said snell**
Posted By: Nickbyrd

Re: Check out this rig - 07/24/17 05:13 PM

Just giving you a hard time sir .
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum