Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Grapevine

Posted By: bigdaddybray

Lake Grapevine - 07/16/17 02:08 AM

Good day of fishing...storms ran us off this morning...came back around 1...fished the mouth of Denton Creek in the sticks...by 7pm we had 28 cats in the boat..majority of fish about 18 inches with a few bigger and smaller...all caught on punch bait...blues and channels
Posted By: FireMedic486

Re: Lake Grapevine - 08/02/17 02:17 PM

I have been fishing that same area but have been going in the little cove to the left if you're facing the lake. Been wearing out the channel cats using shad in about 2' of water. Caught a few blues in the 5-8lb range right there too on bluegill in around the same depth

Re: Lake Grapevine - 08/12/17 06:45 AM

From the Sandy beach point where all the partiers go...I fish the sticks from the point to the big trees off to the right about a 100 yards...I have noticed several trotlines in the area so not sure if someone besides me is baiting area...I use cattle cubes and cat candy..blues and channels..1 ft of water to 6 ft mainly...blue pontoon..if u see me stop and say howdy..good luck

Re: Lake Grapevine - 08/13/17 02:09 AM

Tough day today..no wind ..ended up with 6 channels and a 24 inch blue...all caught in 2 to 6 ft of water using punchbait
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum