Texas Fishing Forum

Magnoila tx

Posted By: Nickbyrd

Magnoila tx - 06/14/17 03:07 PM

Hey guys I'm down here by houston in the pines . Picked up some spin cast combos and some punch bait we wanted to go fishing after work in a pond behind the shop down here . Well it sucked had to wade out 20 yards in moss and alge and don't want to do it agian going to be down here for about a week or the rest of thee week anybody know where there is public access for some bank fishing around here ?
Posted By: Blues

Re: Magnoila tx - 06/14/17 03:43 PM

Don't wade in Sheldon lake it's loaded with gators, so I'd assume other ponds in the area have them too. Fishing with cut shad in Sheldon once when I caught a bowfin, cool fish, not cool trying to fight it away from a little 3ft gator.

When I go to Houston and I want to fish I hit the san jacinto river(kinda sketchy area, take a friend), lake Conroe, and lake Livingston. Conroe and Livingston are a drive but better fishing than any where I found "in Houston." Livingston state park is nice and it's where I do the best. I throw my cast net off the dock at the state park and catch shad and bluegill. Fish the cove south of the dock and out on the wind break levee in front of the dock. Good solid fish for bank fishing, blues from 5 to 15 lbs. This was in march so they were shallow at the time so you might try to cast to deeper water now that it's summer.

Re: Magnoila tx - 06/14/17 04:03 PM

Conroe is a possibility it's about 20 min away from me .
Posted By: jal0315

Re: Magnoila tx - 06/14/17 07:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Blues
I want to fish I hit the san jacinto river(kinda sketchy area, take a friend)

Truer words have never been spoken. Growing up down there in the Woodlands area, we would always fish the San Jacinto. You never knew what you would catch/see.

Re: Magnoila tx - 06/14/17 07:43 PM

What part of he San jacinto are we talkin about here I'm right by the woodlands matter a fact I that is where this bmw place is being built
Posted By: jal0315

Re: Magnoila tx - 06/14/17 07:58 PM

Over off from 242. There are several places where you can down to the river from there. I can't remember all the ways down. Google Earth will probably give you some ideas on pathways to get down there.

Re: Magnoila tx - 06/14/17 08:32 PM

Thx
Posted By: Blues

Re: Magnoila tx - 06/15/17 01:02 AM

Originally Posted By: Nickbyrd
Conroe is a possibility it's about 20 min away from me .

Lake Conroe Park is where I fished, off the point. That place looks like a net eater though so I caught bluegill on worms for bait, didn't have shad. Caught some decent blues and Huge bluegill. It's a cool place that I wish I could've fished more. Both Livingston and Conroe made me want to take the boat on my next trip, awesome lakes.

Re: Magnoila tx - 06/15/17 09:26 AM

I know right I really dig the scenery around here too the trees are awesome we don't have got em like that in Johnson county
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum