Texas Fishing Forum

Going to Conway Arkansas

Posted By: Sirjet

Going to Conway Arkansas - 05/16/17 08:57 PM

I know this is the TFF. But I will be going to Conway Arkansas at the end of the month for a Bowling fundraiser. If anyone has a connection on where I might be able to wet my line for a day or two please let me know.
Posted By: blooper961

Re: Going to Conway Arkansas - 05/16/17 09:09 PM

There is a lake conway but I do not know anything about it.
Posted By: Big Sam

Re: Going to Conway Arkansas - 05/18/17 08:28 PM

Conway has lots of flat-head catfish and crappie and Bass and world class bream.
The main access to Lake Conway is from Interstate 40 via Exit 135 at Mayflower. This exit offers access by way of Ark. 89 and Clinton Road to the docks east of the lake. The northern end of the lake can be reached by gravel roads branching off Ark. Hwy 286. It is full of dead trees and stumps. I heard last week the cat fishing was excellent. Ask the locals when you get there... I bet they point you in the direction needed.
Posted By: Cast

Re: Going to Conway Arkansas - 05/18/17 08:53 PM

My old fishing holes up there are all gone now, but isn't Greer's Ferry right there? Anyhow, take some time and run up Hwy 65 past Marshall to Coursey's Smokehouse and eat lunch there. Coming back down 65, stop in Leslie at the gas station for fried black apple pies. Little further down the road in Dennard note the old Skelly station and general store that burned long ago on the left at the hilltop. My grampa' s store. Spent many a fine summer vacation up there. Gramma' s house is across the road. There's a great fishing hole behind the store.
Posted By: Captain Yakker

Re: Going to Conway Arkansas - 05/22/17 02:26 PM

You can fish below the dam/spillway for cats also. Have only bank fished it with my son who lives near there. Beaver Fork lake is also just north of Conway. Haven't fished it, just recreation boated on it. Keep in mind that most Arkansas lakes tend to have clear water, so bait your hook accordingly.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum