Texas Fishing Forum

BELTON OR STILLHOUSE?????

Posted By: bigpapafish

BELTON OR STILLHOUSE????? - 04/05/17 05:28 PM

I have been hearing everyone talking about going shallow, has anyone been getting cats shallow at either Belton or Stillhouse?
I will be heading out Friday and Saturday of Easter weekend and will be using bluegill and some homemade punch bait.....my first batch ever, I used some frozen shad from last year and some frozen chicken liver.. blended them together and added anise oil, flour, a dash of vanilla and put cattail fuzz as a binder. Holds the hook pretty good, and smells like some baits that I have bought in the past, we will see. Just wanted to see if I should hit shallow points or creeks or drop offs? Thanks for reading, any help will be great.
Posted By: SunUpSunDown

Re: BELTON OR STILLHOUSE????? - 04/07/17 07:02 AM

Belton or still House are good channel cats lake's , best way to find them is to throw some jugs just off the bank and wait 15 minutes if you don't get a bite move your jugs I put out 10 to 15 go back to the 1st jug if it's not moving move to the 2nd and so on when you see one moving cast your slip cork with your punch bait and hang on . I hope this helps
Posted By: bigpapafish

Re: BELTON OR STILLHOUSE????? - 04/07/17 01:04 PM

Helps a bunch thank you, I have been watching your youtube videos. Do you guide, I did a quick search for your website and could not find one.

Re: BELTON OR STILLHOUSE????? - 04/08/17 08:05 AM

No not at the moment someday , I like to help other fisherman out and teach them new tricks sure is fun watching them smile when they take home a mess of fish.thanks for watching my u tube channel , I try not to hide the places I fish so other people can have fun toooo
Posted By: kykat

Re: BELTON OR STILLHOUSE????? - 04/25/17 09:22 PM

Any luck? Belton or Stillhouse?
Posted By: Bob Landry

Re: BELTON OR STILLHOUSE????? - 04/25/17 10:25 PM

How do you get to the YT videos?

Re: BELTON OR STILLHOUSE????? - 04/27/17 02:20 AM

Go to u tube look up Belton lake fishing steve webb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum