Texas Fishing Forum

Truck broken into on Tawakoni

Posted By: Dad2rlkm

Truck broken into on Tawakoni - 01/02/17 04:01 AM

Went to try and catch some of the big cats on Lake Tawakoni on Saturday morning had my 3 month old F250 broken into. I was at the boat ramp by the bridge on 751. They broke into it in broad daylight between 7AM and 9AM. Smashed the drivers window with a crowbar and banged up the door too. Took about $1500 worth of stuff out of my truck. I know they used a crowbar because they pryed the door open and smashed the window on a 1 week old Denali that was parked next to me. After looking around I saw that this is a regular occurrence at that ramp. Glass everywhere.
I have learned my lesson. I will not launch at anything other than a marina on Tawakoni.
Beware and keep an eye out!
Posted By: hornedfrog

Re: Truck broken into on Tawakoni - 01/02/17 04:18 AM

That Stinks....sorry to hear this---yur best bet is state park. Very clean and good ramp.
Posted By: Smoky

Re: Truck broken into on Tawakoni - 01/02/17 04:29 AM

Meth Head capitol of Tx! I know of several people that have had all their fishing stuff stolen at tournaments and fishing trips on Tawakoni. Hopefully you have receipts and your insurance will pay for it
Posted By: Wildman of the navidad

Re: Truck broken into on Tawakoni - 01/02/17 04:36 AM

The jackers are lurking sorry to hear that bud
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: Truck broken into on Tawakoni - 01/02/17 04:38 AM

That sucks. I pretty much only use the state park anymore for that reason.
Posted By: Capt. Michael Littlejohn

Re: Truck broken into on Tawakoni - 01/02/17 05:37 AM

The public 751 ramp is super sketchy. Sorry to hear about that.
Posted By: tgravley aka lewisvillecatfish

Re: Truck broken into on Tawakoni - 01/02/17 02:42 PM

If you launch at 751, use an older vehicle if possible, don't leave anything in it and leave the windows down and doors unlocked!!
Posted By: Andrew Taylor

Re: Truck broken into on Tawakoni - 01/02/17 03:34 PM

i hate 751 ramp, i did notice the broken glass last week and didn't think anything of it! makes sense now
Posted By: Bob Landry

Re: Truck broken into on Tawakoni - 01/02/17 03:51 PM

If it's a known problem why can't LE get out of the coffee shops and fix it? If it's a privately maintained ramp, a couple of well placed law suits would go a long way. So would someone in the bushes with a good 1911.
What about the surveillance drones we have heard so much about? There is really no rational excuse for this to continue unchecked.
Posted By: Dad2rlkm

Re: Truck broken into on Tawakoni - 01/02/17 09:17 PM

Thank you all for your suggestions. That was my first time on Tawakoni. I will make sure and use the park launch from now on. I agree about it probably being meth heads. Whoever did it was filthy. It looked like Pigpen had crawled through the window.
Now to figure out where I should be fishing for the big cats on that lake....
Posted By: uncle_bagster

Re: Truck broken into on Tawakoni - 01/02/17 11:49 PM

Below is an old story that has nothing to do with fishing. It's how one sheriff in OK caught a thief.

http://www.geek.com/gadgets/gps-used-to-catch-hay-thieves-red-handed-1531447/
Posted By: TCK73

Re: Truck broken into on Tawakoni - 01/03/17 12:21 AM

Sounds like you have already got it figured out, I hate to hear about your misfortune. I can say that Holiday Marina and the State Park have been trouble free for me.
Posted By: Big Sam

Re: Truck broken into on Tawakoni - 01/03/17 06:26 PM

I have had two separate friend gear stolen when down for a tourney...one was at the restaurant by the Chinese place and the other was getting gas at the 4 way stop...

someone who lives close by..... probably pretending to fish from the bank...someone has to be the lookout its wide open area
Posted By: flexpress

Re: Truck broken into on Tawakoni - 01/04/17 06:34 PM

751 is a no no ! sorry for your lost ! sorry awholes
Posted By: Vess

Re: Truck broken into on Tawakoni - 01/05/17 04:17 PM

Wow! I just used it for the first time last Friday! Guess that will be my last time too! No issues but reading this post I guess anchor inn or state park from now on
Posted By: TRH (formerly xpress00)

Re: Truck broken into on Tawakoni - 01/05/17 05:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Vess
Wow! I just used it for the first time last Friday! Guess that will be my last time too! No issues but reading this post I guess anchor inn or state park from now on

State Park.
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: Truck broken into on Tawakoni - 01/06/17 12:12 AM

State park is very nice.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum