Texas Fishing Forum

Westlake Park Lewisville Lake

Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Westlake Park Lewisville Lake - 12/30/16 04:33 PM

I am taking my catfishing adventures to a new area of Lewisville.

Anyone have any tips on this area? Looks like its 4$ to get in, is that accurate? Hours say they open at 6am that sound right? Tried to call but no answer.

Any shads to be netted around there?

Feel free to PM. Thanks fellas and tight lines!
Posted By: TRH (formerly xpress00)

Re: Westlake Park Lewisville Lake - 12/30/16 05:05 PM

I think Westlake closes during the winter months, but I could be wrong.
Posted By: jwes07

Re: Westlake Park Lewisville Lake - 12/30/16 05:30 PM

I just drove by there earlier. They have a sign posted that says closed till March.
Posted By: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀

Re: Westlake Park Lewisville Lake - 12/30/16 06:19 PM

I see kayaker fishing along the old dam...might try asking some of them where they put in
Posted By: rlfisher

Re: Westlake Park Lewisville Lake - 12/30/16 06:22 PM

Westlake is closed till spring try shady shores ramp it is just north of toll bridge

Re: Westlake Park Lewisville Lake - 12/30/16 07:18 PM

Dang it... closed till winter!?

What the frack is that about... I am going to try Lake Dallas ramp.
Posted By: NekidTackle

Re: Westlake Park Lewisville Lake - 01/03/17 02:52 AM

Lake Dallas Ramp is opened, I think cost is $10. I have used my bass raider on the south side of the Dam, but that was when Westlake was opened.

Re: Westlake Park Lewisville Lake - 01/03/17 12:42 PM

Originally Posted By: NekidTackle
Lake Dallas Ramp is opened, I think cost is $10. I have used my bass raider on the south side of the Dam, but that was when Westlake was opened.

I ended up launching at the Lake Dallas park ramp. Willow Grove park?

My mom lives in Lake Dallas so she gets a free annual pass she let me borrow. She never goes to the park.

I will launch there again and next time fish the marina. I got ran out of there. But have since been told that I can fish there as long as I am not tying off to their property or getting on or messing with their docks or tires I can fish there.

Thats what the guys in the OT said. I will be back to there next time weather allows.
Posted By: liljim_1

Re: Westlake Park Lewisville Lake - 01/03/17 08:23 PM

The reason I steer clear of lake dallas is because of all the road closures, construction, detours bs.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum