Texas Fishing Forum

Lewisville 12-11

Posted By: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀

Lewisville 12-11 - 12/12/16 12:27 AM

Fought the rollers this morning and it paid off. Water was 51...found em in 32 ft that humped up to 27. Wound up with a dozen.
Posted By: Wildman of the navidad

Re: Lewisville 12-11 - 12/12/16 12:33 AM

thumb popcorn2
Posted By: tgravley aka lewisvillecatfish

Re: Lewisville 12-11 - 12/12/16 12:38 AM

That'll work!!
Posted By: TCK73

Re: Lewisville 12-11 - 12/12/16 12:45 AM

Nice fish thumb

Re: Lewisville 12-11 - 12/12/16 12:51 AM

Here's a couple of more slot fish

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Lewisville 12-11 - 12/12/16 12:58 AM

Nice fish. cheers
Posted By: BigPoppa007

Re: Lewisville 12-11 - 12/12/16 01:01 AM

Oh Ya! I need a trip like that.
Posted By: Chiprat

Re: Lewisville 12-11 - 12/12/16 01:30 AM

Good job Gato.

Re: Lewisville 12-11 - 12/12/16 02:47 AM

Posted By: fishbrown

Re: Lewisville 12-11 - 12/12/16 03:18 AM

Nice!
Posted By: CamoKat

Re: Lewisville 12-11 - 12/12/16 04:01 AM

Great pics! were you drifting or anchored up? Just wondering if they are starting to stack up.
Posted By: GetSlimed

Re: Lewisville 12-11 - 12/12/16 04:44 AM

Awesome! Thanks for sharing. thumb

Re: Lewisville 12-11 - 12/12/16 06:25 AM

Originally Posted By: CamoKat
Great pics! were you drifting or anchored up? Just wondering if they are starting to stack up.
. They are stacking up. It will get better as the water temp gets below 50. I drift or controll drift 95% of time on my lake. I'm lazy and hate running anchors. Only time I anchor fish is when they are shalllw in the spring..I like to mark fish on some type of structure like a hump, ledge, or channel, then drag across it over and over....I controll drifted the humps 4 times today and I ran 2 planer boards as well. Side scanned 3 different areas before I got a line wet.
Posted By: forsanmedic

Re: Lewisville 12-11 - 12/12/16 01:46 PM

Nice fish!!
Posted By: J Lowe

Re: Lewisville 12-11 - 12/12/16 01:59 PM

Originally Posted By: El Gato Azul
. They are stacking up. It will get better as the water temp gets below 50. I drift or controll drift 95% of time on my lake. I'm lazy and hate running anchors. Only time I anchor fish is when they are shalllw in the spring..I like to mark fish on some type of structure like a hump, ledge, or channel, then drag across it over and over....I controll drifted the humps 4 times today and I ran 2 planer boards as well. Side scanned 3 different areas before I got a line wet.

Are you trolling into the wind to stay on track?
Posted By: bowhunter247

Re: Lewisville 12-11 - 12/12/16 02:00 PM

Congrats on the catch, nice haul.

Re: Lewisville 12-11 - 12/12/16 02:11 PM

Originally Posted By: J Lowe

Not with 20 mph wind and 3 ft rollers! I do with light wind. I drifted out the side yesterday and used my trolling motor to pull me around the contour and adjacent channel. It allows me to drift contours that i would miss with just the wind. I run em out the back if it's a light wind or no wind and zig zag a channel. My buddy from Carolina taught me..it works!
Posted By: Cat finder

Re: Lewisville 12-11 - 12/12/16 02:15 PM

Reelly nice catch!
Posted By: J Lowe

Re: Lewisville 12-11 - 12/12/16 04:58 PM

Originally Posted By: J Lowe

Not with 20 mph wind and 3 ft rollers! I do with light wind. I drifted out the side yesterday and used my trolling motor to pull me around the contour and adjacent channel. It allows me to drift contours that i would miss with just the wind. I run em out the back if it's a light wind or no wind and zig zag a channel. My buddy from Carolina taught me..it works!

Yea it looked pretty rough out there, that's why I was curious.
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: Lewisville 12-11 - 12/12/16 05:42 PM

Man so sweet! I want to get a few like that from my tiny boat!

Once I get a break in the weather on a day I can fish, plan to try some new spots with deeper water.

Props on the great catches!

Re: Lewisville 12-11 - 12/12/16 06:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Dan90210
Man so sweet! I want to get a few like that from my tiny boat!

Once I get a break in the weather on a day I can fish, plan to try some new spots with deeper water.

Props on the great catches!

You can tether your bass buster to my skeeter dan..I'll untie you once you get hooked up! But seriously..you can get to some deep holes in the old lake on days with less than 5mph wind....The main lake is way too treacherous for a bass buster in the areas I fish...I see a lot of John boats littering the bottom of Lewisville
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum