Texas Fishing Forum

Rod talk

Posted By: Wildman of the navidad

Rod talk - 11/22/16 01:51 PM

So I prefer to use a 10' American rod smith MH surf casting rod they hold up good and u can find them for 30 bucks I've beat mine against the sand bar countless times due to miss hook sets and the don't break easily I cut about six to eight inches of the but to get it to size and manageable but for a early Christmas present my wife bought me a shimano sojourn Muskie rod does any one out there use a Muskie rod if so do y'all like it or should I just return it and get me three or four of what I'm a custom to .. Yall's input is greatly appreciated

Re: Rod talk - 11/22/16 01:53 PM

Also I don't have a boat so just in case y'all where wondering WTH I would be using a 10'for now y'all know
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Rod talk - 11/22/16 03:41 PM

Give her a hug and a kiss and thank her. Then thank God for blessing you with a good woman, and then put a reel on it, spool it up and go make her proud and catch a catfish on it.

I laugh at all the specialized stuff people buy for fishing. I have the same few rigs I use for everything. I have fished rivers and lakes from the bank and boat for catfish, bass, stripers, whitebass, and gar with them, I have fished inshore and light off shore with them at the coast.

I'm positive it will work fine.
Posted By: BigPoppa007

Re: Rod talk - 11/22/16 04:01 PM

I'd use it.

Re: Rod talk - 11/22/16 04:14 PM

Thanks for the feedback redchevy that I will do I but a new 6500Abu on it and a 3oz no roll stepped out into the yard and gave it a few flings it really loads up an puts the hoorah on it be even better when I got somethings lip ripped come thanksgiving im be giving my thanks on the banks of the Colorado
Posted By: SweetRay

Re: Rod talk - 11/24/16 03:02 AM

Good wife. smile
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum