Texas Fishing Forum

Cen-Tex Classic Lake Whitney December 3rd & 4th

Posted By: big10

Cen-Tex Classic Lake Whitney December 3rd & 4th - 11/15/16 02:55 AM

Well we have worked all year and held 6 previous tournaments this year with 14-18 teams in each one, and now it's time for the granddaddy of them all! The Cen-Tex Classic will be held on Lake Whitney out of Lake Whitney Marina at Juniper Cove. 25% of all moneys spent on rooms will go back to CTCT to increase the payout at this tournament. Be sure to tell them when you book your rooms you are with the Catfish Tournament!! CTCT members will also receive a 50 cent per gallon discount off fuel purchased from Lake Whitney Marina. Additionally, CTCT & its sponsors will be adding more funds and prizes to this tournament which will make this by far the best paying tournament we have had yet! More details on that coming soon. Let's just say it's gonna be BIG!!

More information on Lake Whitney Marina can be found on the website at http://www.lakewhitneymarina.com/index.html

To book rooms while they last contact Lake Whitney Marina at (254) 694-3129.

For more information on the tournament send me a PM or an email to ctcatfishtrail@yahoo.com. More information also available on our Facebook page.

Re: Cen-Tex Classic Lake Whitney December 3rd & 4th - 11/15/16 01:21 PM

Just to give everyone an idea of how our tournaments have payed in the past. Keep in mind these are only $100 entry tournaments.

For the classic I feel pretty confident these numbers will at least double, 2nd and 3rd will nearly triple, and we will pay additional places as well.

Posted By: Spud--Cattin Around Adventures

Re: Cen-Tex Classic Lake Whitney December 3rd & 4th - 11/15/16 01:33 PM

Jerry and his father run a great tournament. If you have not entered one you should!

And now trash talk:

I am going to give you guys a chance.....I can't make the classic due to last softball tournament of the season. But who knows, just like Belton, I might show up last minute with no to little bait and still take it!

Re: Cen-Tex Classic Lake Whitney December 3rd & 4th - 11/15/16 03:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Spud--Cattin Around Adventures
Jerry and his father run a great tournament. If you have not entered one you should!

And now trash talk:

I am going to give you guys a chance.....I can't make the classic due to last softball tournament of the season. But who knows, just like Belton, I might show up last minute with no to little bait and still take it!

Thank you spud!

And just like always, excuses, excuses, excuses! roflmao stir

Re: Cen-Tex Classic Lake Whitney December 3rd & 4th - 11/19/16 02:57 PM

Who's ready for more awesome prizes?? After day 2 of the Cen-Tex Classic weigh in, we will be giving away a Lowrance Hook 9 Sonar/GPS Combo fishfinder. All teams entered in the Cen-Tex Classic will have 1 entry in the drawing. The name pulled from the hat will be the winner. All made possible by Lowrance & the great folks at Marineland Boating Center!

Additional prizes available in the drawing will be gift certificates to The Bait Shop & hooks from Hookers Terminal Tackle.

http://www.lowrance.com/en-US/Products/Fishfinder-Chartplotter/hook-9-en-us.aspx

http://www.marinelandwacoyamaha.com/

https://www.facebook.com/LiveBaitWaco/?fref=ts

https://www.facebook.com/hookersterminaltackle/
Posted By: ssfireman

Re: Cen-Tex Classic Lake Whitney December 3rd & 4th - 11/20/16 02:02 AM

woohoo
banana
Posted By: Drawout

Re: Cen-Tex Classic Lake Whitney December 3rd & 4th - 11/20/16 02:15 AM

Best texas tournament trail that we have had since I've been fishing tournaments ! Thanks Jerry

Re: Cen-Tex Classic Lake Whitney December 3rd & 4th - 11/20/16 04:02 AM

Thank you Johnny! We do what we can to put on the best trail possible.

Re: Cen-Tex Classic Lake Whitney December 3rd & 4th - 11/20/16 04:09 AM

We are happy to introduce new apparel with our new logo! Dry-fit grey long sleeve shirts will be available for $15. We also have hoodies available for $20. Hoodies will be available in the following colors: black, cardinal (red), charcoal grey, & orange. All print on the hoodies will be white. To place your order contact Jerry at 254-541-8412 or send a message through Facebook. Order and payment must be placed by Monday, November 21st at noon. To make a payment, send the required amount through PayPal to ctcatfishtrail@yahoo.com. We can also set up to meet in Temple to make payment face to face.

I apologize for the short deadline but due to the Thanksgiving holidays, in order for us to receive them before the classic we need to have the order in by Monday. If you wish to place an order and cannot make the classic, we can ship your order to you for an additional $3.

Be sure to get your order in now because this will be a one time order and very limited extras will be available.

Re: Cen-Tex Classic Lake Whitney December 3rd & 4th - 11/21/16 05:01 PM

Once again we have Incentive $$$$ from Marineland Boating Center. For the Cen-Tex Classic, any team placing 1st through 5th fishing from a SeaArk or Alumacraft Boat, or a Yamaha Outboard that was purchased from Marineland Boating Center will receive a $500 bonus. Of that $500 bonus, $250 will be check & $250 will be gift certificate to Marineland Boating Center. Be sure to check them out when looking for that new SeaArk or Alumacraft.

http://www.marinelandwacoyamaha.com/

Re: Cen-Tex Classic Lake Whitney December 3rd & 4th - 11/22/16 12:29 AM

Jeez I need to borrow a boat banana

Big thanks to http://www.marinelandwacoyamaha.com/

Re: Cen-Tex Classic Lake Whitney December 3rd & 4th - 11/22/16 02:32 AM

[censored] missed the chance for a sweet tshirt. I will get it later.

Re: Cen-Tex Classic Lake Whitney December 3rd & 4th - 11/22/16 03:13 AM

Originally Posted By: ssfireman
[censored] missed the chance for a sweet tshirt. I will get it later.

Send me a text in the morning and I will see if we can get your order in. 254-541-8412
Posted By: ER74

Re: Cen-Tex Classic Lake Whitney December 3rd & 4th - 11/22/16 03:39 AM

Johnny you can use y pathfinder with a Yamaha. I get half the bonus???
nannyboo

Re: Cen-Tex Classic Lake Whitney December 3rd & 4th - 11/22/16 12:20 PM

Absolutely Eric I'll even try and keep it out of the trees ninja

Re: Cen-Tex Classic Lake Whitney December 3rd & 4th - 11/22/16 09:32 PM

Currently Lake Whitney Marina at Juniper Cove only has 3 cabins remaining. If you are planning on fishing and need a place to stay I suggest contacting them as soon as possible at (254) 694-3129. I expect them to all be booked very soon.

Additionally, Juniper Cove will already be adding over $500 to the payout of this tournament. As more rooms are booked, that amount will increase.
Posted By: ER74

Re: Cen-Tex Classic Lake Whitney December 3rd & 4th - 11/23/16 02:28 AM

I am even on your way there.

Re: Cen-Tex Classic Lake Whitney December 3rd & 4th - 11/23/16 06:28 AM

Eric I was all for it but Jerry told me the boat has to be bought from there now bang

Re: Cen-Tex Classic Lake Whitney December 3rd & 4th - 11/23/16 12:46 PM

I am happy to welcome our newest sponsors of the Central Texas Catfish Trail.

RIGRAP has developed an innovative product that will be a huge asset to all catfish anglers. No more making up rigs and tying knots with cold, wet hands on the boat. Instead, make them up at home before you go fishing, and store them on the RIGRAP.

Tournament Anglers, these are perfect for you. On tournament day, your limitied to only 10 rods in the boat. When one gets hung up and you have to break it off you can eaisly loose 5-10 minutes of fishing time while making up a new leader. Instead, have your leaders made up ahead of time and have that rod back in the water fishing in no time.

RIGRAP comes in a variety of sizes & shapes to fit any needs you may have. More information can be found on them at the links below.

https://www.rigrap.com/products

https://www.rigrap.com/videos

Re: Cen-Tex Classic Lake Whitney December 3rd & 4th - 11/23/16 06:41 PM

Our newest sponsor aboard is National Athletic Supply. They have donated a Shimano Stradic spinning reel for us to give away at the Cen-Tex Classic. They have a huge selection of fishing tackle including high quality cast nets, Power Pro Braid, and Abu Garcia reels.

Give them a visit at the link below.

http://stores.ebay.com/National-Athletic...d=p4634.c0.m322

Re: Cen-Tex Classic Lake Whitney December 3rd & 4th - 11/23/16 08:22 PM

Additionally, CTCT & its sponsors will be adding a MINIMUM of $1500 towards the payout of this tournament. That # is going up daily. Here is a sample of what we are currently looking at with a minimum of 15 paid entries. (I expect us to be closer to 25 teams entered than 15 so these numbers will go up dramatically & we will also likely pay 5 places.

1st - $2000+
2nd - $900+
3rd - $350+
4th - $200+

Big Fish Day 1 - $250
Big Fish Day 2 - $250

An additional $500 in incentive money is also available for any team placing 1st-5th fishing from a SeaArk, Alumacraft, or Yamaha that was purchased from Marineland Boating Center.

Keep in mind were also giving away a Lowrance Hook 9 & hundreds of dollars worth of prizes donated by our sponsors through a drawing. Each person entered in the tournament will be entered in the drawing.

Re: Cen-Tex Classic Lake Whitney December 3rd & 4th - 11/23/16 08:25 PM

Re: Cen-Tex Classic Lake Whitney December 3rd & 4th - 11/24/16 02:15 AM

All you guys on the fence and all you teams that stopped fishing them because they weren't worth it this is a good paying well ran tournament, and you can have 3 man teams ! Let's do this

Re: Cen-Tex Classic Lake Whitney December 3rd & 4th - 11/24/16 02:33 PM

Full itinerary for the classic listed below.

Re: Cen-Tex Classic Lake Whitney December 3rd & 4th - 11/26/16 11:25 PM

banana

Re: Cen-Tex Classic Lake Whitney December 3rd & 4th - 11/27/16 01:46 AM

Friday night meeting and registration will be at 6:00 pm at the Texas Great Country Cafe & Pie Pantry in Whitney, TX. The Cafe will donate 20% of all income received from the meeting back to CTCT to be put towards the payout of the Cen-Tex Classic.

Re: Cen-Tex Classic Lake Whitney December 3rd & 4th - 11/27/16 06:04 PM

cool I was already planning on hitting this place very excited

Re: Cen-Tex Classic Lake Whitney December 3rd & 4th - 11/28/16 12:55 AM

Where you at, Rick you fishing this one ?
Posted By: OPTIMUS PRIME

Re: Cen-Tex Classic Lake Whitney December 3rd & 4th - 11/28/16 01:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Drawout

roflmao roflmao roflmao Ok ok ok... roflmao roflmao roflmao Lets do this Johnny!!! roflmao roflmao roflmao slinger thumb

Re: Cen-Tex Classic Lake Whitney December 3rd & 4th - 11/28/16 02:10 PM

Finally I got someone to follow I was beginning to wonder hmmm

Re: Cen-Tex Classic Lake Whitney December 3rd & 4th - 11/28/16 03:05 PM

Originally Posted By: OPTIMUS PRIME

roflmao roflmao roflmao Ok ok ok... roflmao roflmao roflmao Lets do this Johnny!!! roflmao roflmao roflmao slinger thumb

cheers is

banana

thumb
Posted By: hurricane 201

Re: Cen-Tex Classic Lake Whitney December 3rd & 4th - 11/29/16 05:18 PM

Noticed a bunch of Cen-Tex guys out on the lake last weekend, has been pretty quite here, they must be on fish and holding out.......If I can draw convincing whiskers on a striped fish, I might just win this thing!!!!!
Posted By: Big Sam

Re: Cen-Tex Classic Lake Whitney December 3rd & 4th - 11/29/16 06:28 PM

Hey prime /Drawout im pretty handy

Re: Cen-Tex Classic Lake Whitney December 3rd & 4th - 11/29/16 06:41 PM

Originally Posted By: hurricane 201
Noticed a bunch of Cen-Tex guys out on the lake last weekend, has been pretty quite here, they must be on fish and holding out.......If I can draw convincing whiskers on a striped fish, I might just win this thing!!!!!

We were out last weekend also and found the striped fish. Good thing is, we found a few blues soon after.

Lets just hope they put on a few lbs before Saturday.
Posted By: mike9582

Re: Cen-Tex Classic Lake Whitney December 3rd & 4th - 11/29/16 09:01 PM

The weather forecast looks great.

Re: Cen-Tex Classic Lake Whitney December 3rd & 4th - 11/29/16 09:05 PM

a little rain but the fish are wet... a little shower wont hurt. it will be saturday dance2

Re: Cen-Tex Classic Lake Whitney December 3rd & 4th - 11/29/16 09:34 PM

Sam send me some of them skips fex ex overnight I'm gonna show these guys how it's done wink

Re: Cen-Tex Classic Lake Whitney December 3rd & 4th - 11/29/16 09:45 PM

Originally Posted By: ssfireman
a little rain but the fish are wet... a little shower wont hurt. it will be saturday dance2

Bimini top goes on the boat tonight.
A little shelter doesn't hurt either.LOL

Re: Cen-Tex Classic Lake Whitney December 3rd & 4th - 11/30/16 02:56 PM

Somebody is gonna hook a toad... roflmao roflmao roflmao Good Luck everybody!!! cheers texas

Re: Cen-Tex Classic Lake Whitney December 3rd & 4th - 11/30/16 03:26 PM

And he said unto them...

For by the sweat off our face, we will eat bread, till we return to the ground, because from it we we're taken; for we are dust, And to the dust we shall return...

Re: Cen-Tex Classic Lake Whitney December 3rd & 4th - 12/01/16 02:44 AM

Rick you can pray all ya want , your going down flehan

Re: Cen-Tex Classic Lake Whitney December 3rd & 4th - 12/01/16 03:47 AM

I'm loving this guys. Bring on the smack talk! stir

Re: Cen-Tex Classic Lake Whitney December 3rd & 4th - 12/01/16 04:09 AM

74 lbs day one
61 day two big fish in upper 30's....... but there are some real monsters that come out of there every once and a while. I know of several over the lake record. As many lake record fish as primes boat has seen in am gonna stay quite.

Re: Cen-Tex Classic Lake Whitney December 3rd & 4th - 12/01/16 09:05 PM

Don't be scared Mike, Ricks bark is much worse than his bite.... I think your the one we should all fear.

Re: Cen-Tex Classic Lake Whitney December 3rd & 4th - 12/01/16 10:00 PM

You boy's better be glad were not in striking distance.....Here's proof we can handle Texas
and we also have a lucky charm warming the net....

Rick you can pray all ya want , your going down flehan

Re: Cen-Tex Classic Lake Whitney December 3rd & 4th - 12/01/16 10:10 PM

Anyone who can put away that much Whataburger is welcome in Texas any time.... especially if they stash a few skip jacks to share in one of them sacks........

Re: Cen-Tex Classic Lake Whitney December 3rd & 4th - 12/01/16 11:27 PM

+1
grill

Re: Cen-Tex Classic Lake Whitney December 3rd & 4th - 12/02/16 01:50 AM

Now I want pies from whataburger

77lbs day 1
77lbs day 2

29 lb big fish is my prediction

fish

Re: Cen-Tex Classic Lake Whitney December 3rd & 4th - 12/02/16 02:04 AM

Looks like someone found some nice fish today
Posted By: popcat10

Re: Cen-Tex Classic Lake Whitney December 3rd & 4th - 12/02/16 02:06 AM

Now I want pies from whataburger

77lbs day 1
77lbs day 2

29 lb big fish is my prediction

fish

Are you predicting third place????? stir

Re: Cen-Tex Classic Lake Whitney December 3rd & 4th - 12/02/16 02:07 AM

Johnny you can get some pie at the meeting. banana

Re: Cen-Tex Classic Lake Whitney December 3rd & 4th - 12/02/16 03:00 AM

Steve I wish , I'm stuck going to a parade in cleburn with the wife and kids ,maybe I can tell Randy bring me a slice

Re: Cen-Tex Classic Lake Whitney December 3rd & 4th - 12/02/16 03:06 AM

Eat at the prickly pear tomorrow johnny, South of Cleburne a couple miles. You won't be disappointed.

Re: Cen-Tex Classic Lake Whitney December 3rd & 4th - 12/03/16 01:40 AM

Take a dozen pies drawout for backup flehanet a few and the tourney won't matter woot good luck gentleman front coming in Saturday...catch a big one prime johnny won't be worth a flip After a pie fest...

Re: Cen-Tex Classic Lake Whitney December 3rd & 4th - 12/03/16 02:39 AM

Currently we have 15 teams registered to fish the Cen-Tex Classic this weekend on Lake Whitney and I know of 4 teams still on the way. It's not to late to show up and register tomorrow morning, 5:00 am at Juniper Cove Parking lot. If you are coming in the morning and have not already notified me please let me know. Thanks!

Re: Cen-Tex Classic Lake Whitney December 3rd & 4th - 12/04/16 11:31 AM

20 teams fishing this one. Here's a quick update with results from day 1.

Re: Cen-Tex Classic Lake Whitney December 3rd & 4th - 12/05/16 03:30 PM

popcorn day 2 ? winner? Pies?

Re: Cen-Tex Classic Lake Whitney December 3rd & 4th - 12/05/16 03:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Big Sam
popcorn day 2 ? winner? Pies?

Day 2,There was a winner, there were Pies eaten, I ate Pie!!!!!
Posted By: opus

Re: Cen-Tex Classic Lake Whitney December 3rd & 4th - 12/05/16 04:13 PM

Saw on fb Wilcox-Tucker won

Re: Cen-Tex Classic Lake Whitney December 3rd & 4th - 12/09/16 12:56 AM

Here's full results from the Cen-Tex Classic on Lake Whitney.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum