Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Somerville 11/13

Posted By: obiewan57

Lake Somerville 11/13 - 11/13/16 10:21 PM

Today I had Doug (his birthday) and wife Peggy, along with son Russell and wife Terra, out for the morning on Lake Somerville. Winds were supposed to be 3 mph from east, but proved to be a bit higher at daylight. Terra had a goal to catch more than one fish while birthday boy, Doug wanted the largest.
We got anchored and chummed a bit. It seemed the first bite was never going to come, but, the fish came to the calling.

Terra got to catch several fish as she hoped for, but Doug had to take second best fish at 4.5#, as son, Russell pulled out a 5.5#er. The bite was very steady until about 10:30 when the bite seemed to slow a bit. They said at 11:15 that they thought they had enough fish to feed their neighborhood and were ready to head in. They finished the morning with 80 nice cats for the cleaning table.

Fish were caught on CJ's Crawdad punch bait, using tight lines, in 12 foot water.

I saw a couple of limits crappie also being caught...with some nice size ones at Overlook Marina
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: Lake Somerville 11/13 - 11/14/16 12:10 AM

Enjoyed the report, as always.

I was fly fishing with a 1/32 ounce marabou jig in an isolated pocket on Cedar Creek yesterday. I caught 8 catfish in the 8 inch range. All the flooding hasn't only exploded the population of LMB, bluegill and crappie. But it looks like the future is bright for catfish as well.
Posted By: Freeman Clark

Re: Lake Somerville 11/13 - 11/14/16 01:26 AM

I bet that old elect.knife got a little warm after that trip. Good job as always.
Posted By: OliverBassin

Re: Lake Somerville 11/13 - 11/14/16 08:16 AM

Thank you for the report. Nice pictures
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum