Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Fork Newby Needs Advice

Posted By: aggiebacker

Lake Fork Newby Needs Advice - 11/11/16 05:47 AM

I have an 84 year young BIL battling "C word " that is visiting East Texas this weekend and wants us to go catfishing Saturday. Lake Fork is the closest lake I have seen any reports about on TFF, but I have never fished it for catfish, only bass.

I was hoping I could get some pointers on where to start looking, aside from someplace to get some Stubby's smile. It sounds like he has those fish on Fork table trained to his recipe.

We might even consider a guide for half day if sometime has an opening for Saturday on this short notice instead of just trying to get lucky.

Thanks.
Bg
Posted By: stubby77

Re: Lake Fork Newby Needs Advice - 11/11/16 02:21 PM

Get some stubbys cheese and fish in 20 to 25 feet in the timber hope this helps.Any bait will work
Posted By: HumanSeine

Re: Lake Fork Newby Needs Advice - 11/11/16 05:10 PM

Stubby bait is the best bait to use. I know he is aware but is too shy to say that. Very nice to tell them the right depth Stubby.
Posted By: fishslime

Re: Lake Fork Newby Needs Advice - 11/16/16 02:35 AM

Might try throwing out some kind of chum when you tie up on the stump - probably the easiest thing for you would be bird feed. Just don't overdo it.
Posted By: opus

Re: Lake Fork Newby Needs Advice - 11/16/16 12:44 PM

Got on water 10:30 Mon left Tues 11:30 with 100 keepers. Found a tree in 21ft of water dumped 25# cattle cubes and started reelin um in, took all of 5 min. Near Lake Fork Marina by the way thay have a special on rooms for Nov. $50 a night
Posted By: stubby77

Re: Lake Fork Newby Needs Advice - 11/16/16 02:26 PM

I can't believe u didn't stop by and say hi bud.
Posted By: opus

Re: Lake Fork Newby Needs Advice - 11/16/16 02:56 PM

Had plans too had boat trouble had to leave early ----next time Ill make ya first stop
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum