Texas Fishing Forum

Xpress 200 Catfish boat

Posted By: littlewheel

Xpress 200 Catfish boat - 08/16/16 12:35 AM

Been wanting to buy another boat that is a little easier to take to lake than my 24 ft pontoon. I have been kinda looking at the Xpress 200 Catfish Series. Kinda want to start throwing some jug lines and get into some skinnier water. Anybody have any opinions or experience with this boat? I will keep my pontoon, just want another boat for different purposes
Posted By: TCK73

Re: Xpress 200 Catfish boat - 08/16/16 01:05 AM

A friend of mine has one, it is nice. He has had it since 2007 and no problems. Its got a 115 Yamaha and will top out at 40mph. It looks well built and rides good for a tin boat. The only thing I don't like is the looks of the wiring, it is sloppy. Wiring is sloppy on a lot of boats though.
Posted By: tbucket101

Re: Xpress 200 Catfish boat - 08/16/16 01:50 AM

Love mine...'14, owner it for about 8 months and does everything I ask it to do......pulls great, extremely fuel efficient Yammy115.....drawback is lack of storage, not much at all but I use the HUGE front livewell as tackle storage.

The boat has a lot of open walk around room and I've had it in 15-18" of water before fishing shallow.....another drawback though is if it's windy, you are gonna know it....12-15mph chop and it hurts and you will get blown around a little.

Re: Xpress 200 Catfish boat - 08/16/16 03:06 AM

Thanks for the replies
Posted By: BrianTx01

Re: Xpress 200 Catfish boat - 08/17/16 12:21 PM

Deep V is the only way to go with aluminum. My boat will float in water just as shallow as that express boat and will get there a lot more smoothly.
Posted By: liketofishalot

Re: Xpress 200 Catfish boat - 08/17/16 07:27 PM

have a xpress 20' CC and I like it a lot but it has its issues. mine is flat and will beat the [censored] out of you but its fun when the water is glass. there are a couple of guides on twok running the hyperlift hull and they tell me its smooth riding. will be looking at that for my next boat.
wiring was absolutely the worst I have seen so I redid it.
some of the supports under the front an rear deck have come loose due to welds breaking but not that big a deal. probably just rivot them back.
Posted By: liketofishalot

Re: Xpress 200 Catfish boat - 08/17/16 07:28 PM

oh and the storage sucks.

Re: Xpress 200 Catfish boat - 08/18/16 01:51 AM

I have just about been talked out of this deal
Posted By: THF_BigPig

Re: Xpress 200 Catfish boat - 08/18/16 02:30 AM

We have a 22 foot CC with a 225 Yamaha hanging off the back. I can float in 6 inches of water with 4 adults and coolers. Only takes about 12-16 inches to get on plane.

It's been great for drift fishing, running jugs, and crappies in the skinny rivers even thought she ain't skinny. Over all we like it. It's not the best for any one thing, but it's better than nothing.
Posted By: Bob Landry

Re: Xpress 200 Catfish boat - 08/18/16 11:35 AM

The wiring is going to be sloppy on anything you by in the price point you are looking at so don't let that turn you off. You can always straighten it up, good winter project. An aluminum MV is going to be rough in chop. That said, I love my Seaark. The 72" models are built with .125" aluminum and are tanks. Everything thing is completely welded, no stitch welding or tack welds. My 1872 CC fishes four comfortably with tackle. A tin may not be the best choice if you are going to be on windy lakes, in North Texas, but for the average lake or river, and for a coastal boat, they are hard to beat
Posted By: Big Sam

Re: Xpress 200 Catfish boat - 08/18/16 02:26 PM

have a look at Steve douglas new boat on his catfish videos and catfish TV on you tube it looks pretty sweet...For the amount of cash that express will cost compare to other boats and prices
Posted By: stubby77

Re: Xpress 200 Catfish boat - 08/18/16 08:25 PM

I think I would get a cc Blueway or just go steal stubbys.

Re: Xpress 200 Catfish boat - 08/19/16 04:22 AM

I wouldn't STEAL it, maybe just take it for a spin
Posted By: OFBHWG

Re: Xpress 200 Catfish boat - 08/19/16 01:16 PM

I've owned a Xpress 21' center console boat for 15 yrs. its awesome. you can pretty much fish for what ever you want out of it. Texoma Striper, bass, crappie catfish etc.
And as far as wind goes it cuts through it and big waves like a knife!

Posted By: DCB1977

Re: Xpress 200 Catfish boat - 08/19/16 01:30 PM

I run a Tracker Grizzly 2072CC, I have taken it up into some pretty dang skinny stuff, the boat itself will go in about 6"-7" of water, just need to pole it through. But, All the statements above are correct, can get pretty rough with not alot of wind, and if you get caught out in a 20mph wind, get ready!! i pay alot more attn to the Weather now, but i wouldnt give up mine for anything but another one.
Posted By: Draftstud

Re: Xpress 200 Catfish boat - 08/23/16 11:56 AM

I have had one for 3 years. Run, don't walk from this boat. Mine has been back to the factory and the floor pops and buckles. Another thing is it is not a balanced boat, hardest boat to put back on the trailer I have ever had. As hard as I have tried I can't hunt down a leak. Now I paid my money and that is my feelings about Xpress. John
Posted By: flexpress

Re: Xpress 200 Catfish boat - 08/23/16 04:28 PM

I have owned Three Xpress boat's I have one now I want take for mine ...I x19 2000 ...I had minor issues mainly for my stupid mistakes...I live in Terrell tx you want to drive mine come onn out we go fishing ...

Re: Xpress 200 Catfish boat - 08/24/16 01:51 AM

That is a nice offer
Posted By: bluecoat

Re: Xpress 200 Catfish boat - 08/25/16 06:13 PM

Sold my Alumacraft 175CS deep v because I was tired of buffing out the scratches from fishing the timber and wanted to get into the shallow water. Researched and researched and bought a War Eagle Blackhawk 2170 Catfish side console, me and the wife drove out of state to get it. Built like a tank and has more storage than a walk in closet. Running a Yamaha 150, atlas jack plate; will run 52mph on perfectly smooth water, 45mph+ on everything else. Twice now, once at Fork and once at Hubbard Xpress owners have walked up to my boat and after looking at it have said boy I should have got one of those. Other than some minor problems with dealer installed items that I was able to resolve here locally I have had zero issues. Second runner up was Sea Ark but the War Eagle was already at the dealer and a better deal $$$.

Re: Xpress 200 Catfish boat - 08/26/16 01:52 AM

I really appreciate all the replies. This is what I call a major purchase and want to make the right choice.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum