Texas Fishing Forum

PETA

Posted By: Nickbyrd

PETA - 08/13/16 11:51 AM

https://www.facebook.com/official.peta/videos/10154426342994586/?pnref=story

Check this video out it is mind blowingly stupid ! I vote we post our pb and stringers to there web page
Posted By: Adam25white

Re: PETA - 08/13/16 04:41 PM

Omg... Those people.....
Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: PETA - 08/13/16 05:05 PM

Posted By: Flags

Re: PETA - 08/13/16 06:36 PM

I spent a lot of years in Norfolk, VA when I was active duty Navy. That is where the headquarters for these idiots are, right next to one of the big boat marinas. They are always crying about the fishing and hunting so one of the local radio stations began to sponsor fishing tournaments out of that marina. Lots of PETA types about had a gall bladder attack when they did that!

I always considered leaving a deer head on at their doorway but though that would just add ammo to their idiocy.

Re: PETA - 08/14/16 08:23 PM

Awesome !

Re: PETA - 08/14/16 08:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Flags
I spent a lot of years in Norfolk, VA when I was active duty Navy. That is where the headquarters for these idiots are, right next to one of the big boat marinas. They are always crying about the fishing and hunting so one of the local radio stations began to sponsor fishing tournaments out of that marina. Lots of PETA types about had a gall bladder attack when they did that!

I always considered leaving a deer head on at their doorway but though that would just add ammo to their idiocy.

It would fuel there fire .. Cry babies ... But it would almost be worth it to see there faces !
Posted By: dmunsie

Re: PETA - 08/15/16 10:51 AM

The best way to fight against PETA is to never...ever...link to any of their stories, web pages, facebook, etc, etc. Because all that does is add links, coverage, etc, to the search engines and that's one of the ways they get funding for their propaganda is by showing supporters how many links, views, etc, to all of their stories, etc, they are getting. Again...just ignore them and never pass on any of their stories. If you do...try to keep it private and not in a publicly searchable web page like this forum, facebook, etc, etc.

Re: PETA - 08/15/16 02:03 PM

I had never thought of that .. Thanks for the advice
Posted By: Andrew Taylor

Re: PETA - 08/15/16 03:03 PM

Originally Posted By: dmunsie
The best way to fight against PETA is to never...ever...link to any of their stories, web pages, facebook, etc, etc. Because all that does is add links, coverage, etc, to the search engines and that's one of the ways they get funding for their propaganda is by showing supporters how many links, views, etc, to all of their stories, etc, they are getting. Again...just ignore them and never pass on any of their stories. If you do...try to keep it private and not in a publicly searchable web page like this forum, facebook, etc, etc.
Posted By: Fishbreeder

Re: PETA - 08/16/16 02:02 PM

Originally Posted By: 44 Diesel

THIS is what I mean when I tell folks "They (PETA and other AR types) are after you're lifestyle and your hobbies and not just hunting and fishing."

I posted a story of one of my more recent conflicts with PETA here...

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbt...e_cringi#UNREAD

While I agree with trying to minimize PETA's presence on the web, I also believe you fight ignorance by casting light into darkness with knowledge and understanding.

Some years back an avid tournament fishing friend called one Saturday from East Texas where PETA had put out a press release and the local radio and tv took it up as "news" that they had, "Poured fish tranquilizer into the lake so that the fish would not bite during the tournament."

I was busy at the time but told my buddy, "Call the news and counter with this, 1) There is not enough fish tranquilizer in the world to do that entire lake, 2) Natural (clove oil) or manufactured (tricaine methanesulfonate) enough of any fish tranquilizer to affect the fish would be a pollution incident of gigantic proportions so it would never be allowed and would be vigorously prosecuted, 3) We've dealt with these idiots before, consider the source."

Which he did and the tournament went on without a hitch.

One PETA argument against fishing is "Sharp hooks hurt the fish." What d'ya s'pose happens to a bass' mouth when it eats a sunfish, tilapia, crawfish or other spiny prey item? This type predator is highly suited to that type of lifestyle damage from simply eating and heals very quickly from such minor wounds.

I've fought these people over the right to ship live fish (pet koi) by air cargo, to have leather seats in my truck, sell fish I raised for bait, display fish in tanks and ponds in public places, even to just go and fish myself at the local jetty.

They are well funded, highly organized, and have a following. Best take them seriously.
Posted By: Anchorman

Re: PETA - 08/16/16 02:22 PM

I'm sure most of you are aware of this. But The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) has nothing to do with The Humane Society. Its two different organizations. HSUS uses the Humane Society prefix in their name to get donations by those who think they are helping animals. But HSUS is one of the strongest Anti gun, hunt, fish, etc groups there is and team with groups like PETA in their lobbying efforts.

Just thought I would throw that out there. We are all familiar with PETA but some may not know HSUS is actually bigger and has more influence.
Posted By: OPTIMUS PRIME

Re: PETA - 08/16/16 05:18 PM

Just stay focused... cheers

Re: PETA - 08/16/16 07:41 PM

texas

Re: PETA - 08/16/16 07:46 PM

And stop postin stuff that gets me in trouble Nick... roflmao roflmao roflmao

Re: PETA - 08/17/16 11:55 AM

Originally Posted By: Anchorman
I'm sure most of you are aware of this. But The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) has nothing to do with The Humane Society. Its two different organizations. HSUS uses the Humane Society prefix in their name to get donations by those who think they are helping animals. But HSUS is one of the strongest Anti gun, hunt, fish, etc groups there is and team with groups like PETA in their lobbying efforts.

Just thought I would throw that out there. We are all familiar with PETA but some may not know HSUS is actually bigger and has more influence.

Good stuff, thx.

Re: PETA - 08/17/16 12:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Fishbreeder
While I agree with trying to minimize PETA's presence on the web, I also believe you fight ignorance by casting light into darkness with knowledge and understanding.

It's difficult because when I researched pita they were thrilled when their name and links were inserted in debates, pro or con, like the above arguments. Literally ANY publicity that gets those 4 letters out there was proof (to them) their donations were working. Imop it's better to simply flood the internet with positive posts about fishing, hunting, etc, and never mention pita. If there was an organization that did what pita does but in a positive light about fishing, hunting, etc, I'd donate to it for sure. Without funding...you would never hear about pita.
Posted By: Fishbreeder

Re: PiTA - 08/17/16 12:19 PM

Originally Posted By: dmunsie
Originally Posted By: Fishbreeder
While I agree with trying to minimize PiTA's presence on the web, I also believe you fight ignorance by casting light into darkness with knowledge and understanding.

It's difficult because when I researched pita they were thrilled when their name and links were inserted in debates, pro or con, like the above arguments. Literally ANY publicity that gets those 4 letters out there was proof (to them) their donations were working. Imop it's better to simply flood the internet with positive posts about fishing, hunting, etc, and never mention pita. If there was an organization that did what pita does but in a positive light about fishing, hunting, etc, I'd donate to it for sure. Without funding...you would never hear about pita.

Makes sense, but, we'd all have to stop going to the movies, buying certain items, watching certain things on the toob, and a host of other stuff to make a dent in "pita's" funding. On the one hand, I sure don't like the politics of most of Hollywood, OTOH I do like to go to the movies and those folks are talented.

I'd jump in as well to fund any program (and I do in many ways with my business) that helps portray a healthy outdoors lifestyle in the light of truth and reality.

But there have been many times personally and professionally that I have had to deal with those idiots at pita head on and had no choice but to do so or capitulate, which ain't happenin'. As long as I got it in me to do so, I'll fight ignorance and stupidity wherever I find it. Them folks at pita got loads of it, but there's tons more out there...

Re: PETA - 08/17/16 12:58 PM

Alright bud cheers
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum