Texas Fishing Forum

New to Tawakoni

Posted By: Ian679

New to Tawakoni - 08/08/16 02:17 AM

A best friend and I are taking a camping /fishing trip to Tawakoni in 2 weeKS and neither of us have ever been there so we don't have a clue about the lake or where anything is. I'm good with Google maps tho. I'm getting my first boat Tuesday, 1448 mod V alumacraft with a 15hp yamaha. I like river fishing and coves but in Google maps the river looks somewhat dry and doesn't look like to many camping spots. We're gonna be there for 2 days so we have plenty of fishing time. As for a camping spot we like to be away from ppl and do our own thing.
Any ideas would be very helpful. Thanks
Posted By: Nickbyrd

Re: New to Tawakoni - 08/08/16 01:49 PM

Pm sent
Posted By: Coonhunter77

Re: New to Tawakoni - 08/08/16 05:12 PM

If the wind's blowing over 6 miles mph I wouldn't advise taking that boat out on Twok, I don't know where you could possibly camp and not be around people. Also the catfish are biting under the 2 mile bridge.
Posted By: Southtxangler22

Re: New to Tawakoni - 08/09/16 12:46 AM

Wind point park will launch on the north end of the lake with plenty of stumps to tie up too or run a trot line, water turkey roosts up there too.. Great camp ground and plenty of places to fish from a smaller boat. Wind will be out of the south so just fish launch and fish on the north side of the peninsula.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum