Texas Fishing Forum

Catfish recipes ?

Posted By: Nickbyrd

Catfish recipes ? - 08/01/16 03:27 PM

Want something new . What do yall throw in your batter. Have any other recipes ? On the grill in the oven ?
Posted By: Muzzlebrake

Re: Catfish recipes ? - 08/01/16 03:31 PM

Yellow cornmeal, salt and hot grease. Sorry, it's the only way I know smile
I don't batter my fish. They are already beat up enough as it is.
Posted By: tgravley aka lewisvillecatfish

Re: Catfish recipes ? - 08/01/16 03:40 PM

Stick a fillet on foil in oven or on grill. Wipe on some oil, season with fajita seasoning, lemon pepper, etc to taste. Let sit a couple of hours then grill or bake.
Posted By: Nickbyrd

Re: Catfish recipes ? - 08/01/16 03:55 PM

Sounds good
Posted By: ChuChu1

Re: Catfish recipes ? - 08/01/16 04:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Muzzlebrake
Yellow cornmeal, salt and hot grease. Sorry, it's the only way I know smile
I don't batter my fish. They are already beat up enough as it is.

And a little bit of black pepper.
Posted By: SALLYSUE

Re: Catfish recipes ? - 08/01/16 06:03 PM

And some Tonys
Posted By: Freeman Clark

Re: Catfish recipes ? - 08/01/16 06:46 PM

Google is your friend on this one.
Posted By: MathGeek

Re: Catfish recipes ? - 08/01/16 06:51 PM

It's redfish in the video, but I am hoping to try it with catfish soon. It was awesome with redfish.

Posted By: taterpop

Re: Catfish recipes ? - 08/01/16 08:32 PM

Yellow corn meal 5 Lb, 6 to 8 oz salt, and a packet of spicy fish fry,Uncle Bucks or what ever they will come in 13 to 16 oz, mix it all together and you will have enough for the season. I pour it in about three freezer bags put it in the freezer.
Posted By: Big Zee

Re: Catfish recipes ? - 08/01/16 08:46 PM

Put some yellow mustard on them and use that shake and bake crunchy pretzel. Then just cook them in the oven. Put a little pico degio on them and serve.
Posted By: DAN-O

Re: Catfish recipes ? - 08/02/16 04:04 AM

Blue Louisiana Crispy mix at Walmart. Fry them up using this. Best fish I have ever eaten.
Posted By: dmunsie

Re: Catfish recipes ? - 08/02/16 06:51 AM

Love a good catfish fillet on the grill basted with garlic butter, lemons, etc. For frying (and a healthier alternative) I now use a egg white wash and pan fry with just a touch of flour and cornmeal. Back in the day when I didn't care...soak those bad boys in beer and deep fry them in pancake batter. oh man...oh man...tasty as all get out.
Posted By: MBDLAW

Re: Catfish recipes ? - 08/03/16 06:38 AM

Louisiana Cajun Blackened Seasoning - i get it at Brookshires - follow directions and AWESOME!
Posted By: Lga043

Re: Catfish recipes ? - 08/03/16 05:38 PM

First cut all red meat out of the fish and fillet thin, about 3/8" go get some Louisiana Fish Fry in the Blue Bag, or Louisianna Seasoned Beer batter, and deep fry it !!!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum