Texas Fishing Forum

Stolen rods at Navaro Mills

Posted By: Fresh bait.

Stolen rods at Navaro Mills - 07/20/16 02:09 AM

Had 8 rod and reels stolen at Navaro Mills lake this past weekend we were camping in Oak park .had 6 Ambassador 5500 with 7' Ugly sticks and 2 spinning rod and reels right out of my boat . Just FYI be careful lock up all your stuff .
Posted By: Spooley

Re: Stolen rods at Navaro Mills - 07/20/16 10:05 AM

Never leave your stuff out and unattended. You will always find someone that is overcome with temptation. Having learned that the hard way myself.
Posted By: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀

Re: Stolen rods at Navaro Mills - 07/20/16 11:10 AM

Damn thats terrible! Sorry to hear that...I can't stand thieves! I caught a guy trying to steal my rods one time at Lake Park while I was using the rest room. Ear holed that guy with a full Miller Light and rear naked choked him till the cops showed...I ended up getting a damn ticket for the beer!
Posted By: Muzzlebrake

Re: Stolen rods at Navaro Mills - 07/20/16 01:07 PM

Meth heads maybe? If so the rods will end up in a pawn shop somewhere.
Posted By: Wolfe Hunter

Re: Stolen rods at Navaro Mills - 07/20/16 01:14 PM

meth heads for sure. I frequent pawn shops to buy things because that's where good stuff ends up. Ex: I bought a Dyson ($300) in stores for $80.
Posted By: LowBudget Fishin

Re: Stolen rods at Navaro Mills - 07/20/16 03:08 PM

I say this in the most polite way : when you buy from a pawn shop you are fueling the motive of the crack heads that steel from hard working people like yourself.
Posted By: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀

Re: Stolen rods at Navaro Mills - 07/20/16 04:02 PM

Meth monkeys is all jacked up running around like a chicken with his head cut off from what he sold your poles for..he is either disassembling his car motor into 1000 pieces in his front lawn with no idea how to reassemble, or he looking for his next target as we speak..hate having to carry a concieled hand gun everywhere but you never know what one of these skitzers or any other crazy sob might try these days..stay sharp, lots of predators out there hunting as we speak
Posted By: Bob Landry

Re: Stolen rods at Navaro Mills - 07/20/16 04:12 PM

Even when at a State Park or COE campground which is supposed to have security, all of my electronics and fishing tackle either come inside or get locked up in my truck.
Posted By: uncle_bagster

Re: Stolen rods at Navaro Mills - 07/20/16 09:58 PM

This is why dislike pawn shops. If they were outlawed, the theft of sporting goods would drop. If the crooks don't have a place to sell it, they're less likely to steal it.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Stolen rods at Navaro Mills - 07/20/16 10:30 PM

Let me pass on some good advice for all the tournament anglers out there. When you go to the weigh in leave someone behind to watch the boat. NEVER LEAVE IT UNATTENDED. $3000 graphs (most are on ram mounts and easy to get), $300 reels, $300 rods and $$$$$ in tackle will attract thieves like bees to honey. Some think their electronics are safe with a cover on the boat, WRONG. Some think their stuff is OK while they go in for a quick bite to eat. WRONG AGAIN. I'm telling you all this from experience. You cannot be too safe. I hate thieves and they won't get a rear naked choke hold from me, it will be much more serious. Take care of your stuff.
soap
Posted By: Freeman Clark

Re: Stolen rods at Navaro Mills - 07/21/16 01:16 AM

Time to take this country back.We all need to stand up and take a stand.If we don't we are all in deep trouble.
Posted By: Big Zee

Re: Stolen rods at Navaro Mills - 07/21/16 03:30 PM

Sorry to hear that. Things have really changed in the last few years. There has always been thieves, but not like these days. When the get hoped up on drugs, that's a different story. They lose the fear and judgment.
Posted By: livemusic

Re: Stolen rods at Navaro Mills - 07/21/16 06:19 PM

It can happen very quickly. I had my gear stolen at a boat launch when we came back in and it wasn't more than a 30 second walk to my truck. Only one person was there fishing on the bank but he vanished into thin air. Like magic, he was gone.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum