Texas Fishing Forum

Catfish on lake fork

Posted By: arbassangler78

Catfish on lake fork - 07/16/16 04:26 AM

Anybody know where they are bitting at? Going to try tomorrow morning, will be in a boat. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Longeye

Re: Catfish on lake fork - 07/16/16 07:51 AM

Rookie post
Posted By: SpinFly

Re: Catfish on lake fork - 07/16/16 03:18 PM

You'll find them in a wide depth range in summer on Fork. Timber in 17-23 ft and 29-33 ft has been productive depths for me in the past. Chum is your friend. Keep moving every 15 minutes until you're happy with the bite.
Posted By: fishslime

Re: Catfish on lake fork - 07/17/16 12:21 AM

I fished a baited hole in 30 ft. water Wed-Fri for a total of app. 3 hours of fishing and caught 48. Caught 19 in a little over an hour Thurs. afternoon and got scared off the lake yesterday afternoon due to lightening in the area or would have done even better. They often bite the best in the heat of the afternoon for some reason.
Posted By: Skipetex

Re: Catfish on lake fork - 07/17/16 02:56 PM

Good info, I myself was wondering the same thing. Trying to decide on where to go next wednesday.
Posted By: HumanSeine

Re: Catfish on lake fork - 07/18/16 09:10 AM

Hi, I went last Thursday. My partner and I tried 30 feet first and caught 1. We moved to 17 feet and caught 33 before we stopped counting. Take out lots of chum and be willing to relocate. Sometimes on fork a two foot difference in depth will make a huge difference. I like my boat in the most windy areas of the lake. The fish bite better and it is slightly more cool. Please do not forget to take some Stubby's cheese bait. I will tell you on some days they just want the Stubby's.
Posted By: stubby77

Re: Catfish on lake fork - 07/18/16 11:17 PM

Save some for me guys.Good job .
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum