Texas Fishing Forum

Whsker Seeker Rods

Posted By: South Florida transplant

Whsker Seeker Rods - 06/27/16 04:27 PM

Anyone tried the Whisker Seeker Rods. Thinking about purchasing one.
Posted By: mjmetro0719

Re: Whsker Seeker Rods - 06/27/16 06:57 PM

I have one of the Med/Hvy rods when they first released them. I like it and I've landed some nice fish in the fourty pound range with it. I'd like to try the Hvy action that was released this past year. They are going to release a 9'6" rod for those that like the longer rods, they may be available now.
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Whsker Seeker Rods - 06/27/16 07:33 PM

Never tried them
Posted By: BigPoppa007

Re: Whsker Seeker Rods - 06/27/16 08:20 PM

I don't like their price when ProAnglers are $45.........and MeatHunters are $25..........
Posted By: JasonB23

Re: Whsker Seeker Rods - 06/28/16 01:10 AM

Price is not an option once you try them. The weight balance and strength is unparalleled especially with the heavy version.

Re: Whsker Seeker Rods - 06/28/16 03:05 AM

Just my 2 cents and 35 years of catfishing but whisker seeker also sells some of the best catfish rigs and mono fishing line with the smallest diameter and unmatched strength and castability.
Posted By: Southtxangler22

Re: Whsker Seeker Rods - 06/29/16 04:13 AM

I'm pleased with my whisker seeker Rod.. I'm a pro angler fan and can't really justify paying the extra price plus shipping on the whisker seeker when I can get 2 pro anglers for the same amount and be just as happy catching fish.

Re: Whsker Seeker Rods - 06/29/16 02:13 PM

Didn't want to pay shipping so I e-mailed to find a local dealer. Not so local (Gainesville), But I wanted to feel it before I bought it anyway. Feels great can't wait to try it out. Got the one piece Med/Heavy I like to see the rod bend. Heavy seems exact same weight but a lot stiffer.
Posted By: rlfisher

Re: Whsker Seeker Rods - 06/29/16 04:06 PM

What was the name of the place in Gainesville and do they carry the line

Re: Whsker Seeker Rods - 06/29/16 04:19 PM

The Pond King on 82 west of I-35 about 5 mi. on left. Yes they do have the line.
Posted By: rlfisher

Re: Whsker Seeker Rods - 06/29/16 04:36 PM

Thanks I will check it out
Posted By: mjmetro0719

Re: Whsker Seeker Rods - 06/29/16 07:39 PM

Originally Posted By: rlfisher
Thanks I will check it out

If you do buy one be sure to register the rod - the Tuff Warranty will replace the rod up to two years if you damage it in any way even if it's your fault, you can get another rod at 50% as a replacement

Re: Whsker Seeker Rods - 06/29/16 09:01 PM

You can sign up for text alerts also.
They offer free shipping on anything and free rattles etc all the time also. I get a text from them once or twice a month with specials.
Posted By: TCK73

Re: Whsker Seeker Rods - 06/29/16 11:42 PM

Originally Posted By: South Florida transplant
The Pond King on 82 west of I-35 about 5 mi. on left. Yes they do have the line.

Pond King supposedly carries TFO rods, did you happen to see any on display?

Re: Whsker Seeker Rods - 06/30/16 02:07 PM

Didn't notice. I was strictly going for the W.S.. They have a lot of nice stuff though. Looks to be on the high end. You can call 940-668-2573
Posted By: BigDave1

Re: Whsker Seeker Rods - 06/30/16 06:57 PM

I use the line and like the visibility. Its better than any other line I have used except for gold stren.

Now the rods, not gonna happen when I can get two proanglers for the price of one Whisker Seeker rod.

Re: Whsker Seeker Rods - 06/30/16 08:23 PM

The only rod you can compare is the medium heavy.
Whisker seeker don't have medium and pro angler don't have heavy.
It all depends on preference. I have them all and have compared the medium heavy rods side by side dozens of times. The strength and backbone is very simular.
The pro angler is heavier in weight and much more top heavy.
The whisker seeker is better balanced and lighter.

Re: Whsker Seeker Rods - 07/02/16 09:04 PM

Whisker Seeker currently has Free Shipping through July 4th.
Use coupon code "SHIP4FREE" when checking out.

Re: Whsker Seeker Rods - 07/05/16 02:12 PM

Finally got to go Saturday. Loved the new W.S. Rod and line. Like no other, what visibility, It cast great and is very lightweight for what strength it has. Got a nice 8.5 Blue and several 2 pounder's. All catch and release.
Posted By: big10

Re: Whsker Seeker Rods - 07/05/16 09:09 PM

I have 2 Whisker Seekers on the boat now and love them. Perfect combination of backbone and tip for any type of fishing. Going to be adding more of them soon.
Posted By: SeaAggie2015

Re: Whsker Seeker Rods - 07/25/16 06:28 PM

Little late to the post, but we do carry TFO here at Pond King.
Posted By: Caribou

Re: Whsker Seeker Rods - 07/25/16 10:21 PM

Balance and weight mean nothing when they are sitting in a rod holder.
Posted By: HumanSeine

Re: Whsker Seeker Rods - 07/29/16 03:40 PM

I have about 10 pro angler rods and one whisker Seeker rod. I have had good luck with the seeker. I must say that the pro angler is a fine rod priced at 45 dollars . Now that Seeker warranty is nice . I have fished with my pro anglers for a couple of years and have never broke one. So if you like warranty I would say pay for it with the Seeker. I cannot say a single thing bad about either product.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum