Texas Fishing Forum

Brazos river catfishing

Posted By: NickH

Brazos river catfishing - 06/22/16 09:08 PM

I am going to my new deer lease next weekend, the clear fork of the brazos runs through the lease. I have never fished rivers before, but I know it's a bit different than the lakes. Any advice on river fishing would be greatly appreciate . I do have a kayak there if I need to use it.
Posted By: Laner

Re: Brazos river catfishing - 06/22/16 09:28 PM

Typically speaking, the Clear Fork of the Brazos runs very shallow, making for some tough fishing unless you happen to have deep hole access at your new lease. If you do have some deeper areas, your typical catfish set up should work great. Congrats on getting a deer lease with a piece of the Brazos in it by the way. If you have a piece of river running through your property out in west Texas, you're going to have an abundance of game, ranging from ducks, deer, hogs and varmints.

Re: Brazos river catfishing - 06/22/16 09:41 PM

Awesome! Thanks. I'm looking forward to try out the fishing. I know the hunting at this place is awesome!lots of pigs, deer, and quail!
Posted By: J Lowe

Re: Brazos river catfishing - 06/22/16 11:14 PM

I would start by trying to catch bait out of it. Maybe take some worms or anything to catch some bluegill, then use what you catch to go after catfish. I've had good luck in the clear fork catching big channel cat and flatheads both on live bluegill.
Good luck to you.
Posted By: spazm09

Re: Brazos river catfishing - 06/23/16 09:48 PM

Deepest hole you can find, fish the eddies
Posted By: G Love

Re: Brazos river catfishing - 06/24/16 03:33 PM

outside bend holes with cover, eddies, woodpiles, sandbars adjacent to holes early and late.
Posted By: OPTIMUS PRIME

Re: Brazos river catfishing - 06/24/16 04:13 PM

Originally Posted By: G Love
outside bend holes with cover, eddies, woodpiles, sandbars adjacent to holes early and late.

cheers
Posted By: G Love

Re: Brazos river catfishing - 06/24/16 06:26 PM

Originally Posted By: OPTIMUS PRIME
Originally Posted By: G Love

cheers

Of course, none of that will work if there isn't any fish there hahaha

That's number 1 lol

Re: Brazos river catfishing - 06/24/16 11:56 PM

Wow. Awesome replies fellas! I'm stoked to get out there Friday and really get an idea of what is where in the river.
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Brazos river catfishing - 06/26/16 05:00 PM

We are between South Bend and Eliasville on FM701 and have more than a mile of the Clear Fork on our SE property line. Where are you from us........

Re: Brazos river catfishing - 06/27/16 02:11 AM

About 10 miles west the way a crow flies of 283 and 209 intersection
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum