Texas Fishing Forum

Trotlines

Posted By: desertfisherman

Trotlines - 06/09/16 11:08 PM

Can anyone tell me where to put a trotline that will catch fish on any given day or night? what is the trick...
Posted By: amobo45

Re: Trotlines - 06/10/16 06:51 AM

We have been catching fish at my home lake and at TWOK in 2-10 ft of water wind blowing into weeds and trees, mornings and evenings.
If you looking for numbers I would set one somewhere like that.
Posted By: Big Zee

Re: Trotlines - 06/10/16 01:08 PM

Before they closed the lake we fish, we were setting our trotlines in the flooded timber right along a old creek bed that runs through that timber. The old creek bed is in 9' of water and the flooded tree are in 3'to 4' of water.
Posted By: Hogflyer

Re: Trotlines - 06/14/16 01:18 AM

Not sure where your location is your planning this adventure, but running water is good, small rivers, with over hanging limbings
down to the water possiable in small coves is good. Used to hunt on a companies hunting lease on upper colorado river near Brady
texas, water just a narrows in pockets, but some nice holes to go swin in.... One night while dove hunt weekend we put out 5 small
juglines at the camp by the river, 3 nice sized yellow the next morning to my suprise! one did over 12 lbs......

Bait was live perch from 2" to 4" long! tied to hook as not to kill or keep in swiming while on the big hooks we had.... those were
some good times on the river!...... That same year we had a blue norther blow in on a friday afternoon, from 75 deg to 23 that night, what a change that was to some fellows who didnt bring enuff hunting jackets!......
Posted By: clinton_c

Re: Trotlines - 06/24/16 01:46 PM

Any where near a river channel. If you can get half of line on oneside of channel and then have the other end go over the channel is best. I like mine to be in like 5-6 ft on one side and have it drop to 10-15 on other if I can find the right spot.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum