Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Lewisville Catfish

Posted By: Le Royal Catfish

Lake Lewisville Catfish - 05/27/16 07:41 PM

Hi all. New to the forum. First post here. I've always lived in the Carrollton/Lewisville/Colony area. Whenever I've fished for catfish in the past, I've been fortunate enough to go out to my grandfather's boat stall at Lakeview Marina in the Lake Dallas area on the west side of the lake, and just drop a line from his stall. Great catfishing that way. Unfortunately, he sold his boat, and we can't go to the stall any more. BUT, I recently became the owner of a 12ft jon boat, so I'm thrilled as ever. The few things I've seen about the good spots for catfish on Lake Lewisville seem to all point to that old Lake Dallas area. I'm trying to find out what areas of the lake are the go-to places. I'm not asking anyone to give away their honey hole locations, but any advice on general areas to hit the cats would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Posted By: tgravley aka lewisvillecatfish

Re: Lake Lewisville Catfish - 05/27/16 07:50 PM

If your looking for channelcat, take some chum and stink bait to the old dam. Tuesday after the holiday go to party cove!!!
Posted By: Le Royal Catfish

Re: Lake Lewisville Catfish - 05/27/16 07:57 PM

Thanks tgravely! Good point on going after the holiday to party cove...
I've only ever gone for channelcat before. So I am definitely interested in catching channels. But, I'm also interested in getting some experience catching blues. I got some #6 circle hooks today, and I was thinking I'd use cut shad or minnows... What are your recommendations about blues?
Posted By: tgravley aka lewisvillecatfish

Re: Lake Lewisville Catfish - 05/27/16 08:16 PM

Main lake points drifting has been producing
Posted By: erittmueller

Re: Lake Lewisville Catfish - 05/27/16 09:31 PM

Up the creeks and fish the fallen trees and wood piles. It's what I love to do from the bank or kayak and would be way easier with a boat.

Eric
Posted By: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀

Re: Lake Lewisville Catfish - 05/27/16 10:12 PM

Don't eat those fish from party cove...unless you want good buzz
Posted By: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀

Re: Lake Lewisville Catfish - 05/27/16 10:18 PM

Be careful taking that Jon boat out the cut...u can sink that thing very easily as the main lake is much bigger water than old lake. Seen quite a few go down over the years.
Posted By: Fishin' Nut

Re: Lake Lewisville Catfish - 05/28/16 03:19 PM

Launch at Oak Point. Plenty of catfish up and down the lake from there.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum