Texas Fishing Forum

How's G'Vine.?

Posted By: BigPoppa007

How's G'Vine.? - 05/20/16 01:18 PM

Ramps open? Anyone fishing?
Posted By: scott01

Re: How's G'Vine.? - 05/20/16 01:46 PM

Katies Woods high water ramp was open last weekend. Took my son out to try for some catfish but we failed miserably, lol. Only caught 1 14" blue. Shad were easy to find in shallow water. Not sure if the north/east wind was the culprit but we just couldn't seem to find any catfish. We used Stubbys bait under a cork in a about 3'-4' of water and also had shad out, no bites. Moved to 2-3 spots, no bites. Son wanted to drift with shad so we moved out to 6'-12' and drifted, had 2-3 bites but only 1 fish. I think the other bites were gar as we saw several roll on the surface and my line came back all chewed up after one of the bites. Anyway, headed to Lewisville tomorrow to try out luck there. Hope to find some channel cats around the dams. Not sure where else to try there as I haven't catfished there much at all. If that fails, we will go searching for sandbass.
Posted By: Markac2688

Re: How's G'Vine.? - 05/20/16 05:09 PM

What kind of boat are you in?
Posted By: Cap'n Dave

Re: How's G'Vine.? - 05/20/16 06:00 PM

any day now, fishing is tough though, ive launched at denton creek a few times

Re: How's G'Vine.? - 05/20/16 06:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Markac2688
What kind of boat are you in?

Stratos 201 Pro Elite bass boat. Black/Silver with some red trim, 225 Evinrude.
Posted By: Muzzlebrake

Re: How's G'Vine.? - 05/21/16 04:12 PM

Is Katies Woods parking lot open?
Posted By: Muzzlebrake

Re: How's G'Vine.? - 05/21/16 04:18 PM

Is Katies Woods parking lot open?
Posted By: Outfitter Nomore

Re: How's G'Vine.? - 05/21/16 09:13 PM

Katies lot not open. In about a week I was told.
Posted By: BigPoppa007

Re: How's G'Vine.? - 05/22/16 06:59 PM

Drove thru OakGrove Park last nite and they have all the gates closed and barricades up - can't even get to parking lots to bank fish.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: How's G'Vine.? - 05/22/16 07:56 PM

It's going to take a while for some of the parks to open. With them being underwater for the last 6 months or so there is a lot to clean up.
Posted By: BrianTx01

Re: How's G'Vine.? - 05/23/16 12:05 AM

It is only about 4' high...it should be good to go.

Re: How's G'Vine.? - 05/23/16 01:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Outfitter Nomore
Katies lot not open. In about a week I was told.

Drove by Katie's Woods yesterday (Sunday). The high water ramp is open. The normal ramp is still closed but they did open the parking lot for trailer parking. You really couldn't see the actual normal ramp yet but you can "guess" where it should be based on the 2 poles/pipes sticking up out of the water. Probably needs to lower a couple more feet before they open that one. Well, it's supposed to rain off and on all week so we will see what that does to the water level.
Posted By: Cap'n Dave

Re: How's G'Vine.? - 05/25/16 12:43 AM

any day now!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum