Texas Fishing Forum

Lake OH Ivie

Posted By: KayakSteve

Lake OH Ivie - 05/19/16 09:53 PM

I am taking the family camping at lake Ivie this weekend. We are probably going to Concho park. Looking at the satellite images of the lake it looks like there are salt ceders everywhere and finding a spot to fish from the bank may be difficult. Does anyone have any advice on a good spot to fish from the bank at Concho park. I will have worms, shrimp, frozen shad and punch bait. Anything else I should look at bait wise? Any help would be much appreciated as I've never been to Ivie before. Thanks in advance!!
Posted By: J Lowe

Re: Lake OH Ivie - 05/20/16 12:48 PM

Looking down the ramp at concho, go to the right and you should be able to walk the bank around to a Bend in the main river channel. There may even be a temporary 2 track down there but I'm not positive. If at all possible, try to catch some fresh bait there. Fresh cut shad and carp if you have a net, or live bluegill that you could catch with the worms you have.
Good luck to ya, and get back to us if you catch some good ones.
Posted By: Bittercreek

Re: Lake OH Ivie - 05/20/16 05:22 PM

Originally Posted By: J Lowe
Looking down the ramp at concho, go to the right and you should be able to walk the bank around to a Bend in the main river channel. There may even be a temporary 2 track down there but I'm not positive. If at all possible, try to catch some fresh bait there. Fresh cut shad and carp if you have a net, or live bluegill that you could catch with the worms you have.
Good luck to ya, and get back to us if you catch some good ones.

Best advice to follow right here.
Watch for snakes. Please let us know how it went.
Posted By: KayakSteve

Re: Lake OH Ivie - 05/21/16 03:14 PM

Well the trip got cut short when the pregnant wife decided it was to hot. I got skunked on catfish. Caught quite a few carp and kept one for cut bait. I got a few bites on the cut bait but they would hit it once and then not touch it again. I'm going to give it a try again soon though. I ended up fishing the point where the Concho and Colorado meet.
Posted By: Bittercreek

Re: Lake OH Ivie - 05/21/16 06:05 PM

Wish you had caught some. That is a good area right in there.
At least you got to go fishing.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum