Texas Fishing Forum

Looking for a little help.

Posted By: Gnab2

Looking for a little help. - 05/10/16 07:11 PM

I am taking my grandson out fishing for bluegill and Catfish. I live in the Austin area and have a boat. I would like to get him hooked on fishing and I am looking for some areas that would be great for this. Please PM me or post some helpful areas to take the little guy. I am close to Pace Bend, however don't mind to drive a little bit just not hours away. Thanks for the help and advice.
Posted By: Big Zee

Re: Looking for a little help. - 05/10/16 09:13 PM

You might want to give Decker Lake (Walter E. Long) a try.
Posted By: catcrap

Re: Looking for a little help. - 05/10/16 09:19 PM

heck yea, Decker Lake for the win. Buchanan too. I was out on Lake Austin catching white bass last weekend. Talked to a guy at the dock and he said that he was catching channel cats and white bass. Lake Austin might not be so bad with a decent sized boat

Re: Looking for a little help. - 05/10/16 11:26 PM

Austin is fine. I have a 21' Triton. Austin seems to get rough after 2p, all the damn wakeboard boats. I was even thinking of baiting some holes, however don't want it to drift away to much.

As for Decker I have not been on there in years.

I heard that Calaveras is a good one to go to for cats.
Posted By: Big Zee

Re: Looking for a little help. - 05/11/16 09:10 PM

I got a buddy that fish Calaveras, he does real good for the cats over there.

Re: Looking for a little help. - 05/13/16 06:54 PM

I guess when I get off this project I will make a run down to Calaveras and over to Decker to see if anything is going on. I need to learn how to through a cast net for bait. Thanks
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum