Texas Fishing Forum

LAKE FORK CHANNELS

Posted By: bangngearz

LAKE FORK CHANNELS - 04/20/16 06:22 PM

I was thinking about taking a vacation day on Friday and hitting Fork for some Channels. Do you think the rain we have had this week and the water all stirred up it will affect the bite any ?

Friday looks like a perfect day...............for me. thanks men
Posted By: barberman321

Re: LAKE FORK CHANNELS - 04/22/16 03:36 PM

Well I guess no ones fishing for cats on Fork. I'll be there Sat. fishing in the mustang area, let you know if I have any luck
Posted By: spazm09

Re: LAKE FORK CHANNELS - 04/22/16 03:56 PM

I've never fished fork for catfish. If I did, I would have offered some help.

I usually hear about people catching them fairly deep on dip baits.
Posted By: UGLYSHCTICK

Re: LAKE FORK CHANNELS - 04/25/16 02:02 PM

Me and a buddy went Sunday. The wind kicked our tail. Caught a few. Buddy had a tub of Stubbys I had my homemade cheese bait, and we sacrificed a few minnows. Fished from 20 feet to 5 feet. I fish Fork often for cats. Sunday was probably the least I've ever caught. Probably due to the high winds and we didn't throw out any sour grain or range cubes. I did manage to get the seasons first sunburn. flame
Posted By: Pintail711

Re: LAKE FORK CHANNELS - 04/25/16 03:11 PM

If I was going to catfish fork, I would fish the south side of 515 west bridge... the windier the better, there was a mud line on the on the far north side of the bridge where the wind was blowing up into the bank and the side of the bridge. You can very easily catch catfish right there, with out with out chum. I never see anyone fishing over there.
Posted By: barberman321

Re: LAKE FORK CHANNELS - 04/27/16 02:38 PM

Fished the lake sunday and monday cleaned 51 channells all caught in shallow water on wind blown points.I know i'll late to help you but maybe next time. Good Luck
Posted By: stubby77

Re: LAKE FORK CHANNELS - 04/27/16 10:28 PM

I'm catching them in twenty six feet.But they can be caught in shallow if you look .
Posted By: big_whiskers

Re: LAKE FORK CHANNELS - 04/30/16 02:49 AM

What kind of bait did you use to catch those fish?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum