Texas Fishing Forum

TX# on your boat hull

Posted By: G Love

TX# on your boat hull - 04/19/16 05:17 PM

I have a custom CC that I've been playing with and the hull is a 1970 flatbottom. It was painted by the time I purchased it and the numbers had been painted over or what not. i registered it finally, and the girl at the registration office didn't know the format in which the TX hull number was to be placed on the hull prior to 1972 or whatever cut off date was. So I need to get the numbers on but don't know about the spaces on the number because they appeared differently back then. I have the number on the title obviously, just not sure how to properly display it. Anyone old enough to remember, I'd appreciate the insight. Thanks!
Posted By: psycho0819

Re: TX# on your boat hull - 04/19/16 06:16 PM

I wasn't aware the actual layout requirement varied by the age of the boat? Tpwd site has instructions on spacing and such, I'd follow it since they would be the ones enforcing it. If they got weird and wrote you a ticket you would have a good case to get it dropped by following instructions on their site. Honestly, I see tx numbers laid out all kinds of ways on different boats and never heard of anyone getting hassled over it.

Re: TX# on your boat hull - 04/19/16 09:30 PM

Good point. If it were the same amount of characters, then I wouldn't have any questions. But mine has more characters than the ones nowadays.

Re: TX# on your boat hull - 04/19/16 10:34 PM

I was getting the registration mixed up with the HIN never mind lol
Posted By: Bob Landry

Re: TX# on your boat hull - 04/19/16 11:56 PM

A 1970 boat would not have a 12 digit HIN. That started in '72. Some where on the boat there may be a manufacturers model code and hull serial number but it's not the same as a HIN.

Re: TX# on your boat hull - 04/20/16 04:46 AM

I called a GW, I got it all figured out. Thank y'all!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum