Texas Fishing Forum

Brazos/Little River Confluence

Posted By: twstephens77

Brazos/Little River Confluence - 04/05/16 02:49 PM

Anyone ever fished this/familiar with the location. A buddy is coming to town this weekend and we wanted to fish this area, but neither of us has been there and I'm not sure what it looks like with the water a little high. Is there anywhere to sit on the bank at the confluence? Is the plant growth too thick? Looking to put in at 79 and paddle up, fish all night Friday night and come back early Saturday. Suggestions/tips appreciated!
Posted By: Big Zee

Re: Brazos/Little River Confluence - 04/05/16 09:26 PM

It's a good cat fishing area. We set lines out there in Little River. Catch a lot of big yellow cats there. Haven't been there yet this year, we usually hit it about May. You might want to think about put in at FM 485 up river on the Brazos. Only thing, there is some pretty big rocks there. You can usually find a spot on the bank. Not trying to start anything or trying to scare ya'll, but there are a few gators in that area. You can see them on the bank at times. Just a little heads up there. Good luck and catch some nice cats guys.

Re: Brazos/Little River Confluence - 04/05/16 10:40 PM

Thanks for the info! I've had that spot marked on Google Earth for a while but have never gotten up there. How is the paddle/current going back upriver to 485? I typically try to paddle upstream first (obvious reasons), but if I know for sure I can make it back I'm fine with the opposite.
Posted By: Big Zee

Re: Brazos/Little River Confluence - 04/06/16 01:02 PM

All the water that is being released right now seems to be the most coming down Little River. But you will still have to fight the current from the rocks above FM 485 bridge. We use to leave one truck at 485 and another at 79. Just float down then. We have a motor on the boat now days so current isn't a big issue anymore, just breaking down.

Re: Brazos/Little River Confluence - 04/06/16 01:52 PM

Yeah unfortunately we're using two small cars, so that won't be an option smirk oh well, we will figure something out. Thanks for the info!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum