Texas Fishing Forum

Helix 9 SI Images

Posted By: BrianTx01

Helix 9 SI Images - 03/15/16 09:26 PM

Here are some photos from my Helix 9 SI during my first two trips. I have got the transducer two low and it is roostertailing at higher speeds, but at low speeds it is working well.

Here is some Sandies with a few Hybrids mixed in. My daughter caught several from this spot off a rattle trap.

Re: Helix 9 SI Images - 03/15/16 09:27 PM

Here is a side image from the same area:

Re: Helix 9 SI Images - 03/15/16 09:28 PM

I was told there was some blues in that sign image but I didn't catch any there.

Re: Helix 9 SI Images - 03/15/16 09:30 PM

I think this is a school of shad:

Re: Helix 9 SI Images - 03/15/16 09:31 PM

I think this is some bait and sand bass.

Re: Helix 9 SI Images - 03/15/16 09:34 PM

At the time I thought these two shadows were catfish but some have told me they are not

Re: Helix 9 SI Images - 03/15/16 09:37 PM

One problem I had was I couldn't get the trick of thing on a slab and jigging it to set sensitivity to work. The screen was too cluttered. I think that the perhaps I had my transducer titlted up at the back too much. That tends to make better arcs but probably put my scan zone behind me.

Re: Helix 9 SI Images - 03/15/16 09:38 PM

Anyone use the option to turn the bottom brown?

Re: Helix 9 SI Images - 03/15/16 09:52 PM

White lines?

Re: Helix 9 SI Images - 03/15/16 09:54 PM

Big fish of the trip.
Posted By: FishTheBite

Re: Helix 9 SI Images - 03/16/16 12:21 PM

My hummingbird transducer was rooster tailing terribly. What I discovered was that there it was missing a rubber plug between the transducer and the bracket. Maybe you have the same issue?

Re: Helix 9 SI Images - 03/16/16 03:28 PM

Originally Posted By: FishTheBite
My hummingbird transducer was rooster tailing terribly. What I discovered was that there it was missing a rubber plug between the transducer and the bracket. Maybe you have the same issue?

I think that is for the standard transducer...not the HDSI. I have mine way too low because I tried to reuse the Lowrance holes.

Re: Helix 9 SI Images - 03/16/16 03:29 PM

Comments and sonar interpretations are appreciated!
Posted By: trav1921

Re: Helix 9 SI Images - 03/16/16 09:06 PM

So when you say "this spot" where EXACTLY (coordinates) are you referring to? lol
Still learning the SI portion of my new ff. How do you tell which are sandies, catfish, and hybrids?
I think I need to do a chartered graphing trip so I can learn quicker how to read and interpret.

Re: Helix 9 SI Images - 03/16/16 10:05 PM

Originally Posted By: trav1921
So when you say "this spot" where EXACTLY (coordinates) are you referring to? lol
Still learning the SI portion of my new ff. How do you tell which are sandies, catfish, and hybrids?
I think I need to do a chartered graphing trip so I can learn quicker how to read and interpret.

I know they were Sandies and Hybrids because my daughter was catching them while I was taking the photos. The birds put us on them. I caught them in the are formerly known as Twin Poles...now single pole. I wouldn't expect them to be in that same location. Sandies like to move around.
Posted By: trav1921

Re: Helix 9 SI Images - 03/17/16 01:04 AM

Oh okay. I didn't know if you could tell on the screen what was what.

Re: Helix 9 SI Images - 03/17/16 02:29 AM

Originally Posted By: trav1921
Oh okay. I didn't know if you could tell on the screen what was what.

You can...look at the first pic.
Posted By: texashelms

Re: Helix 9 SI Images - 03/18/16 01:19 AM

I have the same unit and yes it has allot going on. Every time I play with settings the fish show up and I stop reading manual. Starting to think it's calling them in. I'll let you know if and when mastered.
Posted By: big10

Re: Helix 9 SI Images - 03/18/16 01:46 AM

Be sure to dial your chart speed to match or be just lower than your boat speed and you will get much clearer images. If your moving 4 mph set your chart speed at 3-4. If your moving 2 mph set it at 1-2. If your moving 1 mph dial it all the way down. If your moving 8 mph set it at 7-8. I think you will see this alone will get you much better images and then you can start playing with sensitivity and contrast.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum