Texas Fishing Forum

What type of bank fishing rod holder do you use?

Posted By: JasonB23

What type of bank fishing rod holder do you use? - 03/05/16 02:44 PM

Just seeing what type of bank fishing rod holder you all use.
Posted By: Thump My Jig

Re: What type of bank fishing rod holder do you use? - 03/05/16 03:35 PM

PVC attached to a longer piece of rebar....

Re: What type of bank fishing rod holder do you use? - 03/05/16 03:48 PM

I came across a monster rod holder. I haven't used it yet but seems like the best constructed bank fishing rod holder I have ever seen.
Anyone use one?

Re: What type of bank fishing rod holder do you use? - 03/05/16 03:53 PM

I tried adding a picture but I don't know how. For some reason it's not working.
Posted By: BigPoppa007

Re: What type of bank fishing rod holder do you use? - 03/05/16 05:17 PM

Rebar PVC duct tape - $3-$5 each

Re: What type of bank fishing rod holder do you use? - 03/05/16 05:23 PM

Re: What type of bank fishing rod holder do you use? - 03/05/16 08:27 PM

I looked up the monster rod holder bank system -doesn't look like it sticks in the ground very far -you hook up on much of a fish itll yank that thing into the lake. I beat mine down about 12 inches in the ground
Posted By: uncle_bagster

Re: What type of bank fishing rod holder do you use? - 03/05/16 11:23 PM

I use the ones that stick in the ground and the rod-holder end is shaped like a spring. These work well unless the ground rock hard.

Re: What type of bank fishing rod holder do you use? - 03/06/16 12:14 AM

Here's a picture.
The 2 longer stakes are almost a ft long and is extremely solid once in ground.

Re: What type of bank fishing rod holder do you use? - 03/06/16 12:19 AM

I used to use pvc with rods but didn't like how verticle my rods were and would shake in
the wind

Re: What type of bank fishing rod holder do you use? - 03/06/16 01:45 AM

The spikes are much longer than pic on website looked
Posted By: HeavyLead

Re: What type of bank fishing rod holder do you use? - 03/06/16 11:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Thump My Jig
PVC attached to a longer piece of rebar....

This is what I use. Cheap and works really well.
Posted By: Aalqaq2

Re: What type of bank fishing rod holder do you use? - 03/07/16 05:27 AM

I use the cheap orange outdoor angler rod holders from Walmart.
Posted By: fish_hunter

Re: What type of bank fishing rod holder do you use? - 03/07/16 03:09 PM

Posted By: OUt Cattin

Re: What type of bank fishing rod holder do you use? - 03/07/16 04:14 PM

thats a very nice fish great job man!
Posted By: olenarey87

Re: What type of bank fishing rod holder do you use? - 03/07/16 04:54 PM

I also use the PVC and rebar, but am thinking about making something that will hook up to my receiver hitch. Figure it will be a good week for it with the weather supposed to be bad. I will post pictures once it's finished.

Re: What type of bank fishing rod holder do you use? - 03/07/16 10:24 PM

Very nice fish!!
Posted By: BankAngler50

Re: What type of bank fishing rod holder do you use? - 03/08/16 04:28 AM

I used old Wilson golf clubs set I bought from garage sales for $10. Cut the head off and taped 2 small aluminum sticks with electrical tape to make 2 prongs at the end of club handle to hold rod in place. I just push it in the ground a few inches and lean my pole on it at an angle when I am not using circle hooks. Big fish will slam tip of rod to the ground then pole will raised back up horizontally parallel to the ground as line being pulled out of spool, just remember to loosen your drag or your pole will go for a swim. Lol. No need for clickers you'll know it when fish is on, grab the pole and set the hook.

With circle hooks or when I take a nap, I used those cheap para cords I bought from Home Depot to tie the butt of rod to base of rod holder 7" above ground. Rod will fight da big fish for ya and it ain't goin' anywhere. Just remember to tighten your drag b4 tied down your pole. thumb

Clarification on tying down: I use 5-6 foot of paracord tying one end to rod handle 7" from ground then pull cord tight again ground as rod is leaning against rod holder at an angle. Pull the cord to base of rod holder which usually about 2.5 feet of cord, then tie the end of cord to base of rod holder 7" above ground with Quick release knot.
Posted By: Jamaica

Re: What type of bank fishing rod holder do you use? - 03/08/16 01:41 PM

I also use the PVC and rebar, but am thinking about making something that will hook up to my receiver hitch. Figure it will be a good week for it with the weather supposed to be bad. I will post pictures once it's finished.<<< That's the most economic way we done ours. Have no problems with them.
Posted By: olenarey87

Re: What type of bank fishing rod holder do you use? - 03/08/16 02:44 PM

Well I built it all last night, and this is what I came up with:
I got 10 ft of schedule 40 2 inch PVC, 20 ft of Schedule 40 1.5 inch PVC, 5 "T" joints, 2 1.5 inch 90 degree, 1 2 inch 90 degree, 1 adapter from 2 inch to 1.5 inch, and 1 1.5 inch "Cross" joint.
I cut off about 2 and a half feet of the 2 inch PVC and this will be going in the receiver on my truck. put the 90 degree on the end with the adapter so I could start using the 1.5 inch.then I cut about 2 ft of the inch and a half and connected it with the "cross" joint. After that I spaced my rods out about a foot and am using the "T" joint with some extra PVC to hold my rods.
Only took about 15-20 minutes to put together. I still need to cement it all in and I might reinforce everything if I feel it needs it. But pretty simple and it looks like it will work. Only think I would have preferred is using square tubing so it would be stronger, but I wanted to keep it lightweight.
Posted By: Chiprat

Re: What type of bank fishing rod holder do you use? - 03/08/16 03:31 PM

this is what I made, and you can pound them into just about anything. recently I wrapped them with reflector tape. Toes are happy now...

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum