Texas Fishing Forum

Are there blues in lake o pines?

Posted By: El Pescador Borracho

Are there blues in lake o pines? - 01/06/16 12:25 PM

Anybody ever tried for blues in Lake o the Pines? Any success?
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: Are there blues in lake o pines? - 01/06/16 01:50 PM

I know someone that caught a 60+ on a trotline and people routinely harvest 20 and 30 lb fish on trot lines. I have never had any luck catching them on rod and reel.
Posted By: G3bassbarge

Re: Are there blues in lake o pines? - 01/06/16 02:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Txmedic033
I know someone that caught a 60+ on a trotline and people routinely harvest 20 and 30 lb fish on trot lines. I have never had any luck catching them on rod and reel.

This. Hahaha
Posted By: LOP Guide Bret McLendon

Re: Are there blues in lake o pines? - 01/07/16 08:54 PM

Yes. It is just not slammed full of them like some other lakes making them difficult to find. They're routinely caught on trot lines and depending on the time of the year usually spring and summer Rod and reel and jugs can be productive drift fishing day or night. Just knowing where and not expecting any Giants is the key.

My good buddies step dad has caught a many of blues out of it. And I've seen a few over 50 that have been caught and know of a handful more.
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: Are there blues in lake o pines? - 01/08/16 01:44 AM

I currently hold the rod and reel record for that lake. Feel free to try and break it if you can.
Posted By: OPTIMUS PRIME

Re: Are there blues in lake o pines? - 01/08/16 04:17 AM

Originally Posted By: Txmedic033
I currently hold the rod and reel record for that lake. Feel free to try and break it if you can.

roflmao roflmao roflmao That was a great one!!!!!!!! Hilarious!!!!!!! cheers thumb fish
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum