Texas Fishing Forum

Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2016

Posted By: Catfish Lynn

Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2016 - 01/06/16 09:19 AM

Time for the 2016 thread for Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC).

For those just now finding or hearing about my Catfish Calendar, you can review previous years as I have links listed below. The initial "brief" on the LCC is found in the 2010 thread. More input has been added over the years concerning my Catfish Calendar. As I've said, "I didn't create it, I just discovered it". My Calendar works on YellowCats (YC), BlueCats (BC), and Gator Gars (use the YC days for GG). I have found that ChannelCats (CC) seem to bite more for me on BFT days. Another fisherman said they hit best on ZIP days for him. I did not research Channels (CC), Bullheads (MudCats or MC), or WhiteCats (WC), so I can't really say anything certain, as to my research.

Preliminary results from one Crappie fishermen indicates they bite rather good on BC days & best when near a New Moon (dark nights). He fishes at night after dark into the mid twilight hours (say about to 3 AM or 4 AM). He notes if it is a light rain, they will bite constantly.

Previously ...
2010 <http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/5176857/1>
2011 <http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/5657988/1>
2012 <http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/7059981/1>
2013 <http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/8477517/1>
2014 <http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/9620277/1>
2015 <http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/10541276/1>
2016 <http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/11325915/1>

From time to time, I receive feedback concerning the Calendar, which helps tremendously in further research. I always appreciate input, regardless of positive or negative. Remember that the Catfish Calendar is only one tool among many out there. It is an extremely helpful tool, especially concerning what we call "set lines", which includes trotlines, juglines, set hooks, and even jug lines.

As some of you know, my wife (Elena) & stepdaughter (Helen, just turned 21) are in Ukraine. They were in Lugansk (eastern portion) & the family there had to flee in June 2014, as the rebels started shooting from the tops of their apartments & the Ukrainian army was returning fire. I am happy to say they have relocated to Kiev this past year (2015), and as of this past Fall, back together in one apartment. Elena was also able to visit Crimea & experience the Black Sea at Yalta in the summer of 2013, just before Russia took over Crimea in March 2014. As to history, it was here that US, UK, and USSR presidents gathered after World War 2, to map out the lines of Europe.

Here's your first Calendar for 2016:

Lynn’s Catfish Calendar [LCC]- JANUARY 2016
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Sunday / Monday / Tuesday / Wednesday / Thursday / Friday / Saturday
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
XX / XX / XX / XX / XX | 1 ZIP | 2 ZIP
3 BFT | 4 BFT | 5 BFT | 6 ZIP | 7 ZIP | 8 ZIP | 9 ZIP
10 BC | 11 BC | 12 YC | 13 YC | 14 ZIP | 15 ZIP | 16 ZIP
17 BC | 18 BC | 19 ZIP | 20 BC | 21 YC | 22 YC | 23 BC
24 BC | 25 BFT | 26 BFT | 27 BC | 28 ZIP | 29 ZIP | 30 BFT
31 BFT

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- January 2016 Moon Phases-
2nd- Last Qtr
9th- New Moon
16th- 1st Qtr
23rd- Full Moon
31st- Last Qtr

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- January 2016 Lynn's PYC (Prime YellowCat) Days-
3/4 Sun/Mon
12/13 Tues/Wed
21/22/23 Thurs/Fri/Sat
31/(1) Sun/(Mon)

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- 2016 KEY:
+++++++++++++++++++++++
YC = YellowCat // BC = BlueCat // BFT = Buffet (assorted) // ZIP = Zip (not very good)
Tip- Always bait out lines the night before a YC or BC day.
Tip- Gator Gars (GG) run ahead of YellowCats, so bait out late (between 11 PM to 1 AM).
Tip- BlueCats also bite good on YC days, but you can rack 'em up on BC days.
Tip- Some variations or alterations are due to weather or other external influences.
Tip- For Rod-n-Reelers, use Solunar Tables (etc.) also for best times with my calendar.
Tip- Near Full Moon, Gator Gars & YellowCats seem to feed a few hours later.
Tip- Your biggest YellowCats may hit best towards beginning & end of YC days.
Tip- My PYC Days keys in on the YellowCat's Feed/Roam Days Underlying Pattern.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

May the Catfish Force Be With You Always!!!
Be Safe & Courteous!!!

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2016 - 01/06/16 09:44 AM

Since I'm up, I forget if I ever shared any of some of the testimonies I receive as to the Catfish Calendar. Here are just a few, as I have many more scattered here & there. I have edited them down, due to some that had other comments & also to protect everyone's privacy. But I want you to know, I really respect your privacy, and I appreciate any & all feedback. Thank you ALL!!!

**Been following the forum [TFF]. Seems like some are having a tough time getting fish in the boat, and want to debunk the catfish calendar. To that I am thinking, no one is 100% all the time! Let them live and learn! I can say for myself, that my catches have increased 3-4 times since following your calendar. If you need any help or info from me, feel free to ask.

**Hi Lynn, I can't wait to get the calendar. I did a little research with the e-calendar [RTF version] you emailed me and my past fishing trips, and I also keep notes on the fish I catch and when I don't. I've concluded you are 100% on. I fish mainly for Alligator Gar for photos only- catch and release. I went fishing on a YC day, and did some good. You noted [Gator] Gar run before Yellows. So true and here's proof. Thanx again.

**Well I told you I would give you some feedback on your calendar, so here it is. I've fished trotlines the last 2 weekends and your predictions from on your calendar have been dead on. I fished the Brazos 6th-8th [YC days] and caught LOTS of Yellas up to 42 lbs, a few Channels and no Blues. I fished the same lines in the same locations this past weekend 13th-15th [BC days] and caught the heck outa Blues, along with some Yellas, but not near as many or the size from last weekend [as to YCs]. This is my first time setting lines since I started using your calendar, and you can bet it's already making a believer out of me. I'm gonna try to set a couple lines on Belton Lake 22nd-26th. Hopefully I will have some more good feedback for you then.

**This weekend we had an annual [MD] trip to the Little River with lots of family and friends. Every year Memorial Day weekend we all head down there. This year was by far the worst fishing we have ever had. Between 4 different boats running lines for several days we had a total of 4 small Yellas. We didn't get to set lines until Saturday before dark due to a drowning just upriver from us Friday afternoon. When I got back I checked your calendar and it couldn't have been more right. There was ZIP biting all weekend.

**How do I get a calender? I'm always having to search back through your old posts to find what I need. I've only been juglining for YellowCats the past 2 months in the Colorado River, and I've found as far as Yellows go, it's pretty accurate. I still catch them on ZIP and BC days, but I always tend to catch more on YC days.

**Hello Lynn, I really enjoy reading your posts and stories. I live near Lake Lavon. Your calendar has rang true on Lavon for the days I fished that said BC--- I caught BlueCats on my jugs. Also went to Lake Travis for a family vacation July 18-21 and caught several good Ops [YCs] and 1 good BC on the YC days.

**Good one GOOD WORD BRO. Works! For sure this we know. Let me know how I can help. I am totaly available and love research.

**Thank You Lynn for posting this.

**For a great post and awesome calendar. I purchased this last year and proved to be absolutely outstanding!!! The results were spot on providing average weather patterns. I live in the Dallas area for those that were asking what areas this works in. Worked in mine.

**I live in Houston area. Calendar works here and at Lake Livingston ! Thanks Lynn !!!

**I really appreciate your calender. I use it all the time.

**I love the calender. I still owe you a complete report. Been too busy cleaning and bagging fish!

**I caught 4 yesterday on trotline [in the lake]. 1-2#ers. It being a ZIP day, acccording to the catfish calendar. On BlueCat [BC] days, I've noted my catches are much more in weight and numbers.

**Hey Lynn, Can you post the March Calendar. I will admit that I thought your calendar was a bunch of BS. The last few months I have been comparing my catches to your calendar and I'm starting to see a pattern. I have done best on BC or YC days compared to ZIP days. You're starting to make me a believer. LOL.

**I use this calender to plan almost all my trips unless they are last minute trips. I have noticed a big difference on ZIP days and [in comparison to] BC or YC days.

**I'll let you know how we do. Thanks again for the Calender, I'm going to get one of the printed ones from you when you have them ready.

**Take care of yourself and keep in touch. Let me know when you have the calender ready. I want one.

**I would have loved to have some live perch since these were all BFT days. I'm going to start working on that. We ended up catching about 140 pounds of fish which produced 42 pounds of filets. I don't know why I would want to do any better than that (but I do) it's just too much fish. The calender didn't lie to me, we caught some really nice fish and most of them on about 12 jugs.

**Hey Lynn Let me say I live by your calendar and have never taken the the time to thank you. I have a trip to Somerville planned this Saturday and my wife keeps asking me what your calendar says, which goes to show she believes in it too. She's really going to be skeptical when i tell her it says "zip" now. Oh well it's still time on the water. Thanks for all you do.

**Other Note: (not a fish story) No one asked if I caught any fish. It was an unbelievable trip. had the jugs in by 3:30 pm or so. By 5 pm caught and released a 30 and a 24. kept a 12 and a few others. The next morning caught and released a 19, 17 , two 15s and a bunch of others. Pulled all the jugs at 1 PM. Couldn't fit anymore fish in my 162 QT igloo marine. Ended up with about 35 fish which resulted in 50 pounds of fillets. A whole bunch of 7-10 pound fish and another whole bunch of 4-6 pounders. An amazing amount of big fish. We were releasing 2 pounders... All in all in less than 24 hours we probably caught over 350 pounds. When I got home we had to use my ramps to slide the cooler out of the truck. Couldn't lift it. I normally yield somewhere between 25-28% of weight in fillets. Based on that I brought home 180-200 pounds of fish.
All jug fish were caught on turkey breast soaked in dead red... Started on a zip day (sunday, 27th) followed by a BC day. I don't mind telling you, it was at Fort Phantom Hill in Abilene.... Take Care Lynn, and thanks for always sharing your wisdom ...

The Catfish Calendar is a Tool to get the most out of your Catfishing. As you know, gas prices may be down, but other things are definitely not. While just going fishing is great regardless, isn't it much better when you catch a fair amount. So you deserve to get your bucks worth.

Have a Great Catfish year!!!
Posted By: gar1970

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2016 - 01/06/16 07:38 PM

thanx lynn for posting your calendar! i really appreciate it! its another tool in my fishing arsenal
Posted By: BankAngler50

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2016 - 01/06/16 08:04 PM

Thanks Lynn for posting 2016 calendar thread. I hope you don't mind because I'm going to pick your brain on this, especially on YC, as you know pretty tough on RnR from the bank. I know I need to get off the bank, and I will,... eventually. Lol. That reminds of aluminum boat, flat bottom, thank you so much for advices on this subject and for sharing your experiences and thoughts... I have spoken to a few fishermen who had fished rivers multiple generations and the flat bottom aluminum boats come highly recommended, in addition to stability as you mentioned it is also easier to jump logs in the river and relatively easy to fix if you dent it. Or so I was told, lol.

OK, first serious q, so it is generally bad or zip on days of 3rd quarter moon, especially if moon rises in the AM hours and setting around mid day or early afternoon? Thanks in advance for your reply.

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2016 - 01/07/16 10:17 AM

I'll reply back Thursday late night. Long night, just swinging by TFF for a minute.

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2016 - 01/09/16 03:24 PM

Sorry for the delay. I had a night of tango with Verizon Wednesday into the later hours of the early morning. Thursday night I crashed after getting on TFF. If I don't hurry, I might just be headed for a dive into the keyboard this Friday night. So I best hurray. OOPS! Well, seems I did the same for Friday night, but an all-nighter. It's now Saturday AM, so here goes (3 days late).

Hey there "gar1970",
Hope the family is all well there. Finally got Elena & Helen in Kiev. Much safer there than in Russia or eastern Ukraine. January 7th was their Christmas Day in Ukraine (religious holiday only).

BankAngler50,
Yes, a sturdy flat bottom. There are some flimsy ones, so be aware. I wish Elgin still made the 12' one, as I'd buy a new one. It was sturdier & had a deeper hull including the front end. Lot of memories, as a kid, teenager, 1st marriage, and a little of 2nd marriage just before it was stolen in summer 1999 at the river about 1.5 miles from the house here. I had it parked with a new chain & lock at the 2nd bridge on TX 21. But somebody decided to take my family heirloom. It had aluminum welded patches, and lots of silcone, but was the sturdiest 12' out there. Super stable. One time I hit a stump on Lake Livingston & I was airborn for awhile as I was running about 20+ MPH. We hit one stump in a creek off the Trinity River at about 15 MPH. Me & a co-worker & my little nephew. It hit between the middle & back seats. The boat stopped abruptly with it under the gas tank behind the back seat. Simply put, about a 4 foot stop from 15 MPH to 0 MPH. That is very abrupt. But all were still in the boat, amazing as my nephew almost always was leaning over to put his hand in the water & it did not flip, nor did he get thrown out. I might add that it still will work OK, even with a few dents. I added a 1" PVC drain, so if I somehow gained any water, as it leaked between patchwork times, all you needed to do, is cruise on, open drain & it empties out until almost all gone, then put the plug back in (before you stop or slow down). It worked great!

Your question:
++++++++++++
OK, first serious q, so it is generally bad or zip on days of 3rd quarter moon, especially if moon rises in the AM hours and setting around mid day or early afternoon?
++++++++++++

There may be several times a year that a ZIP day falls on the day of the Last Quarter or 3rd Quarter. But I would say that it is not generally bad. Looking back at 2015 Calendar, here is what those Days listed as, to give you an idea ...

2015 LCC Retrospect- Last Qtr (3rd Qtr) Days:
Jan 13th- BFT
Feb 11th- BFT
Mar 13th- ZIP
Apr 11th- BC
May 11th- YC
Jun 9th- YC
Jul 8th- ZIP
Aug 6th- BC
Sep 5th- ZIP
Oct 4th- YC
Nov 3rd- ZIP
Dec 3rd- BC

As you can see, there were only 4 ZIPs last year as to falling on the Last Qtr (3rd Qtr) days.

From the 2016 LCC perspective- Last Qtr (3rd Qtr) days:
Jan 2nd- ZIP
Jan 31st- BFT
Feb- There are NONE
Mar 1st- ZIP
Apr 29th- BFT
May 29th- YC
Jun 29th- BC
Jul 26th- BC
Aug 24th- ZIP
Sep 23rd- YC
Oct 22nd- ZIP
Nov 21st- BC
Dec 20th- ZIP

Simply put (just looking at these 2 years), it would appear that there is about an average of 4 ZIPs, ranging from 3 to 5 per year as to falling on Last Qtr (3rd Qtr) days. Now, if others were factored in, it may alter that ratio. But my hunch (intuition) is it will be in that range of 3 to 5 per year.

As I map out the Catfish Calendar each year, I do it in specific stages. In those stages, I do see overlaps or similar transfers from one year to another, but not exactly in comparing the same months, but the number of days in a month as to overlaying the monthly RTF versions. Maybe that is why I seem to feel the need to do it that way first, before the calendar (printed) style version. Maybe I am being pointed to more patterns. Sorry, but that would be very hard to try & explain, except that I realize there must be a sort of bigger "Nature's Inner Guide" that lies behind the scene. Sort of like Einstein explaining that "God does not play dice". Einstein said he could picture or see the clock, but not the clockmaker. In my angle of explanation, I might say that I not only see the calendar, but I somehow also get or see superfast glimpses (or flashes) of the Calendar Maker. It brings an even greater sense of Awe & Respect for the Great Mover. Similar to the sense of Star Wars as to "The Force". It binds us all together in a sort of ONEness & connectivity. It is only realized by Awareness. Another good example is "The Matrix", which also points to awareness being the key to being able to transcend the standard patterns awakening into a grander connection of those patterns. Think of me as the Discoverer, Researcher, and Coordinator of my assignment- The Catfish Calendar. One researcher cannot do everything. But you get your fellow colleagues involved & they to can help in the research. By this assistance, the research findings become amplified. So this connection magnifies much much more than if only one kept it a closed research project. It is called Team effort. That is why I ask for feedback. It is really that Important in research findings.

As those who use & utilize the Catfish Calendar, you come to realize that what might have been thought of as random patterns ruling (chaos as some might refer to it), there is a much grander underlying Order surfacing (starting to become aware of). It is because of this Awareness, you begin to transcend the older assumptions, and start to learn the mechanisms by which to advance & succeed. Sometimes our failures lead to the greatest successes. I always give the example of I used to come back with little catches & sometimes nothing to show for my catfishing. But in my determination, I decided to become aware of more & more. In this process, I learned from two YellowCat teachers. I also learned about how important it was to keep written records. And then I started to discover patterns & successes due to being aware of these patterns. Then I realized there was such a thing as some sort of road map or calendar as to Catfish (Yellows & Blues). But in discovery, I never stopped becoming more aware. I decided to research more & more & refine more & more.

When something is just given to you, most have no respect & if you hit a bump, you may discard it easily. But for those who work for something, you carry a greater respect for it. You hold onto it, never letting it go, but seek out more & more. Only then can it blossom out into something so magnificent, you simply cannot be in anything less than awed by it & its Creator.

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2016 - 01/10/16 11:48 AM

Wow, that was a long reply, thanks. I was just curious if moon phases influence flathead movement, and thus feeding habits. I can understand your reluctant to share your working mechanism of your calendar which is understandable.

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2016 - 01/19/16 10:00 AM

Sorry for the very long delay.

I started to reply on the previous Sunday (10th), but Elena came on Skype, so I got diverted. Then I had one of those weeks from Hell & now trying to recover & see where I was at before all the disasters hit.

Then as I was about to try again this past Sunday (17th) she got on even earlier. Once again I got diverted. Even though cold, the sun was out later & I decided I better get outside & do some things I was running behind on.

Yes, the Moon phases definitely affect YellowCats. But your question got me curious to compare at least the previous year & current one unfolding to see if there was any kind of possible definitive pattern as to your question.

For instance, I had never thought about, until a few years ago, our Production Manager (now owner & boss of the cabinet company I work for- I am over the door shop division & have 5 people under my supervision) made a comment from his Crappie fishing. He had noticed he had greater catches (they bit much better) around the New Moon than near a Full Moon. It got me to thinking back. And I realized that my catches of YellowCats, as to my past years since starting (recognizing & following) the Catfish Calendar, were more plentiful also during very dark nights (in other words, no light from the moon).

After researching the Catfish Calendar in the second phase of lakes at Lake Limestone out of RB (Running Branch Marina), I came to the conclusion that at or near a Full Moon, as to baiting the lines, the Gator Gars & the YellowCats seem to shift their roam-feeding time slot forward approximately 4 to 8 hours worth. The Gator Gars seem to run the same schedule as to the YellowCats pattern, but they run just ahead by a few hours. So the trick was baiting out (set lines) as late as possible to avoid the loss of bait from the Gator Gars.

It was in 1981 thru 1982 that I was working for The Western Company in the cementing division that I had a specific timely days off schedule- 7 on, 2 off, 7 on, 2 off, 7 on, 3 days off, then repeat. But in cement, our 3 day period was different from the Fracturing division. Ours was Saturday, Sunday, & Monday. While theirs was Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. It was during this period that I started catching Yellows on my days off, fairly consistent if I was fishing on my days off on the 3 rivers nearby (mainly Brazos & Navasota). I finally decided to map out a plan & see if I was correct, that I had found a consistent pattern to YellowCats & their feeding cycle. So the Calendar was implemented & tested from 1983-1985 as much as possible. Of course, I no longer had those specific days off, but I used the Calendar to best advantage of specific weekends & specific week (for vacation). In other words, I coordinated my weekend trips & my vacation week trips to hit according to the Calendar. I found out that it was no fluke. My hunch had proven itself. One has to wonder if I might have ever found it, had I been given any other days off schedule at Western back in 1981-1982.

For some reason, I map out the Calendar, then I put it down in <RTF> format first before placing it in the Calendar format in a Print Shop program (for the printed version). I usually can map out the calendar for the following year between September & October as to pooling together the information that is needed. But as I transfer the handwritten corresponding days into RTF format, I utilize the previous years RTF LCC calendars according to the amount of days per month. As I do this, sometimes there are many overlaps as to being very similar. So what I am gathering or sensing, is that there is some sort of underlying overall pattern behind the pattern.

As Stan Tenen (Meru Foundation researcher- Pattern Recognizer) has stated, "It is one thing to find patterns, but the trick is to find out if they mean anything." [from "Geometric Metaphors of Life" video & Lecture 1989], which I happened to buy back in 1995. My teenage daughter was in awe of his findings. I am not sure if that is why she got into numbers & decided to pursue accounting & finance partially because of the fascination or not. Stan has caught the attention of the world as he unlocks patterns since 1967, such as the original Hebrew texts, even so much that it is in a specific Code sequence. Each phrase is a 27 letter string & designates the cut off. If you were to lose a letter, by determining the position & the pattern, you can find out what the lost letter actually is. And his finding that the Hebrew letters are actually shadowgrams of hand gestures is fascinating. And that the Hebrew alphabet follows these hand gestures in a motion that unfolds (meaning they are in a precise order). And then he links Geometric figures into the scenario too.

So, as one researcher, I too see patterns within patterns, as to the Catfish Calendar. And therefore, always looking at new angles. So when somebody makes a comment, I have no choice but to investigate.
Posted By: Spiderman

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2016 - 01/19/16 01:07 PM

So Flatheads prefer to feed on darker nights when there is little moon light or heavy cloud cover. That supports the info from biologists I have read online.

How often do Flatheads feed? Based on your January 2016 calendar it looks like every 7 to 8 days.

The reason For my question, I have caught 4 in the last 2 weeks. I will go for about a week and catch two. Then go for another week and catch two more. Each one comes from a different part of the lake.

I have looked at tracking studies biologist have published on the web, but didn't see a clear answer.

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2016 - 01/20/16 03:28 AM

Thank you Lynn. thumb

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2016 - 01/20/16 06:45 AM

OK, here is a little general info on Yellows & My Catfish Calendar. I was taught by two YellowCat fisherman prior to discovering the YellowCat feed-roam pattern. They were Newt, who taught me at work & on the Brazos River on TX 21 (upstream) & Olen, who had been taught by another YellowCat fishermen & learned from it. Newt passed away either in the late 80s or 90s. Olen passed away in late 2012. We had talked a few times recently over the past 5 years or so. He was tickled pink over my discovery of the Catfish Calendar & the YellowCat pattern & we had high hopes to fish together at Lake Limestone. But life does not always go as we hope.

A few discoveries they taught & some I learned, as to Yellows. Yellows tend to follow the same paths. This was talked about in the Flathead Trails thread. What is interesting, is that some claim Yellows are loners, while others claim they congregate. Actually both stances seem to be correct. I could speculate why or why not for some length. If you set lines & catch one 30# or larger, chances are you are in a designated hole, an apartment, or found their Path (trail). Do not deviate your lines as to the spot you caught it, any more than 10' or you just may get out of range. Yellows are very finnicky. Very cautious sometimes as to what or when they decide to gulp down bait. Yet at other times, it seems all caution is thrown to the wind & they charge to eat making sure they do not miss a possible lunch. Again, it seems they walk two different angles.

On a river, as rises & falls occur, a YellowCat is mindful that their life is in danger if they stay out in fast current be it facing up or downriver. Their gills are too pliable, compared to a Blue or Channel. So to avoid swift water which could spell death, be it clamping their gills shut or holding them open, they run what I refer to as their "escape route". For instance on a rise, if you have a set line on the downriver side of an inside bend (in the "cup"), or sometimes along the side (as long as it is not swift water), you will catch them either escaping to some pre-destined place or returning from it, depending whether the river is rising or falling.

Did you know you can actually put a Yellow to sleep? Enough so, that you can reach out & lift him in your arms & lay him in the boat. Of course when it wakes up, hang on. Olen proved it to a group in April 1979 on Lake Livingston out from White Rock Creek in the Jungle. It was a 30+ pound Yellow. He asked the guy in front & the one in back to hold the line steady. He reached over & rubbed it belly for awhile. Then he slid his arms under & lifted him up, layed him in the boat. It was so peaceful. Of course the rest of the group dropped their jaws, as it was so unreal. Of course reality settled in about 15 minutes later as it woke up & almost tore up the boat. As you rub their belly, watch their eyes & their breathing. If you are keen enough, you will see the difference. Yellows do this to themselves to put themselves to sleep on the bottom. As they squirm back & forth, they are doing the very same thing.

You know the bit about being told to keep quite or be still as you will scare the fish away. For most fish, this is true. However, it is not always the case for a big Yellow. I once had two Yellows tied on both sides of the boat at Running Branch in May 2006 (Mother's Day weekend). One weighed 57# & the other was 13#. One of the kids near my cammpsite wanted to see the smaller one. I tie them off with 1/4 nylon braided rope after putting a slit in their bottom lip, attached to a loop stake (made of 3' of 3/8" rebar, with one end bent around to form a loop- I use a trailer ball hitch hole in the bumper to do this, then spray paint them gray or black). As I pitched the 13# back into the water, instead of the 57 pounder running away, she shot out like lightning headed straight for the splash. It was almost like watching a YellowCat at the drag races. But just short of getting to the 13#, it was like she saw what & how big it was & possibly saying, "Oh, it's just you". The 57# easily headed back to where it had been previously.

If you hear me speak of an apartment & Yellows, it is a sort of analogy or comparison. Many Yellows may not reside in a hole or under a shelf or hollow log, but in an "apartment" usually under or beside an underground tree or stump or log. This is considered their lease. It is their domain or assigned territory. When you catch a big Yellow (30#+), you have removed it from their apartment. Therefore, Nature abhors a vacuum, therefore, the "apartment" is sublet (leased out again) to another Yellow. This is an ongoing process if & when the current tenant is removed. Once you find an "apartment", know that eventually another will come to fill the void. Therefore, from time to time, check & see if you have a new prospect.

Yellows are like giant vacuums. They constantly suck in food, including other cafish, which includes other Yellows. One of the worst enemies of a female YellowCat guarding her nest, is a hungry male YellowCat.

I'll stop there with those tidbits.

With moonlight, like a Full Moon, light does pierce some down under. Obviously this either affects the Yellows or it affects their bait (lunch possibilities.

My Catfish Calendar shows one of the 4 designated type of days that is the strongest for that given day. It does pinpoint exactly when, or be it only one time or multiple times that given day. The pattern for Yellows is reflected most of the time in the Calendar. It took several years to finally conclude if there were two portions or just one in operation. The Calendar & YellowCat feeding patterns. I have finally yielded to both operating alongside or overlaying each other. So in order to compensate the YellowCat feed-roam pattern which is underlying, I started the PYC days. This is My Personal YellowCat days. As I review the calendar (RTF monthly), I choose the 2 day or 3 day feed-roam days for PYC. Sometimes the PYC & Calendar (YC) go hand in hand (identical). After my work beginning with the Calendar since 1982, I have expanded upon many things.

Simply put, the easiest way to grasp it, is to view it as 2 days, 2 days, then 3 days & then repeat the same. There is about 7 days between those "hits". There is & can be some variation, but that is basically it rounded off to make it easiest.

Jeff & James found that they usually caught their biggest Yellow on the 3 day runs, either on the 1st day or the 3rd. This was a Father & Son team that wanted me to share what I was doing, as to Yellows & the Calendar. They had never caught a YellowCat. In less than 30 days, their 4th Yellow (a gray looking Op) they caught, weighed in at 62.4# & after that, they excelled. They also came to realize it helped me improve the Calendar, by giving me feedback. So they shared mental updates.

As to the Catfish Calendar, I explain I did not create it, I simply discovered it. The patterns were always there. I simply learned to recognize it, then utilize it. I have come to refer to it as some sort of roam-feed circuit switch which is turned on, then off again. In other words, it seems to be Nature's way of kicking them out on the streets to go earn their food instead of waiting for it to come their way.

Well, I need to get some Vitamin Zzzzz. Hope that helps a bit more! Be safe in these winter storms!
Posted By: Spiderman

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2016 - 01/20/16 02:57 PM

Thank You Lynn for taking the time to reply!

The water is hovering at the 50 degree mark & I have not caught anymore flatheads. Either they have moved to deeper wintering holes or at least reduced their range for the winter.

Next fall I will try again a little earlier in the year. It is frustrating to learn how to catch them just a couple of weeks before the water really started to get cold.

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2016 - 01/24/16 05:55 PM

Good read Lynn and thanks. Could it be that those on and off days just mean opps are very proficient hunters and they would feed their fills than lay dormant for days to digest for days? Then repeat. .. they know the patterns of their food sources and maximize their chances accordingly? Just guessing, don't have much experience with flathead but something I might be interested in if I got a boat.

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2016 - 02/02/16 09:42 AM

My apologies, as I got interrupted in response & have not had a chance to get back to finishing it,

A YellowCat is a living, breathing & eating "funnel", simply put, it is a vacuum for food & then some. If you have ever watched a big Yellow open wide, in a sort of gulp, you will see how fast they can swallow something whole. They can swing open their mouths super fast. And just think, if they sense a meal coming, they can lunge out & scoop it right in.

As to digesting, I could not really say if they would just lay around waiting for the next run (roam-feed YC days) or just take a breather to digest their current "intake". There was an article a few years back, that one river catfisherman shared as to going straight to the YellowCat's dinner table. On the river, he would target brush piles. As he cast out, he warned that you have to be ready. Once they grab your bait, you must get them away from the pile ASAP or they will hang up in the brush. He shared one of his experiences. It got tangled. So he decided to try & pull it out of the brush, since it was only a foot or two below the surface. He really had to lean over into the water, so his fishin' buddy had to hold on really good as to his belt, so he would not fall over the boat or get pulled into the water. He eventually got it up & into the boat. If not mistaken it was over 50#.

But I will make a note as to humans, as I have been studying the brain, the Mind, blood, heart functions, fasting, meditation, and such, for the past 30 years or more. My Heart & High Blood Pressure problems in late 2011 & early 2012 have contributed to that understanding. If you sit down & reflect about it, it just makes common sense.

Let me explain. I also had a mentor in 1986 thru 1988 that helped in explaining brain & Mind operations. He would give examples, as well as their technical terms. Be it physical, mental, or spiritual aspects. That included metaphors to compare to such as the sub-conscious as being a house with a housekeeper with a bulldog out front guarding the front entrance into the house. The house is the storage facility for the brain & the Mind (note these are two separate items, but linked in certain ways) Think of the Mind as the Power Substation or even Power Plant, that transfers power to the Transformers on your pole connected to your house. The Transformer is the Brain, as it reduces the input. The Infinite must be compartmented or reduced (in a portion) to Finite in order to use on a physical basis (operation mode) by the brain. If it was allowing a full load, it would be overwhelming. Try connecting your home direct to thousands of volts & see what happens. No more home, as it will burn down due to so much input. The housekeeper (director) of the house stores & keeps every & all input [subconcious]. Nothing is lost, but may be piled or stacked up so much as to not be able to access. This is a necessary function. The only way to remove anything, is to go in & give the housekeeper the directive to find & remove it. But, in order to do that, you must confront the bulldog, who constantly guards & prevents such actions. However, by certain methods, such as subliminals (2 levels of confrontation which distracts the bulldog) or Hypnosis (Hypnotherapy which does it in another way), you can go in and erase something, and if you really know the proper methods, you could add as well.

Now, even though those methods are actually interaction of the non-physical portion- the Mind, the Brain has to be factored in, as to the physical portion (body part) that relays the information (a portion of it). This is the most interesting portion. How can you tweak (or enhance) the brain for optimum access without blowing fuses or burning down your physical house- your body & brain? By blood flow. Have you ever thought about it? After a really big meal, take Thanksgiving for example. You overstuff with food. Well, it tastes great & you enjoy a good tasting meal of eating all sorts of things, right? But after you eat, have you wondered why you are so lethargic or tired & want to rest or nap to digest all that food?

It is because the stomach is the most demanding of your blood supply in the physical body. The stomach requires very much blood to process your food (meal). The more solids, the greater the amount. By overeating, regardless of the reasons, you have set your body to demand (command) a tremendous amount of blood to your stomach. By doing so, the amount going to your brain is reduced. In a sense, you are actually having to minimize the brain functions. Due to this, your mental & awake & alertness operations have been put almost to a point of being incapacitated.

The reason fasting is used, is to divert a major flow of blood to the brain in order to expand your mental & spiritual access into the brain, as well as to the Mind. In other words, you rob your stomach of what it has been robbing from the brain. The operation mode of the physical body is directed at survival of the physical body. In its basic or minimum, the brain is utilized only for survival. Your physical body requires these three things to operate: Oxygen, Water, and Food (processes into energy). When you fast (from food), you are still getting oxygen. And you should from time to time drink water as needed, and fruit juices will draw the least blood, if more than water is needed. After about 2 days, your stomach will realize that you do not intend to heed its cries for food. Eventually hunger pains subside. And you will come to realize something. You become more aware, as to mental & spiritual levels. Your brain is allowing more Mind into it, but it has become enhanced to be able to process the extra input. And the possibility opens of extraordinary things occurring.

I am sure you recall in many spiritual disciplines, you have seen or know that some got down on their knees & it is thought of as humility & submission to a Higher power. Remember one of the 3 clues in Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade, as to "kneeling". You probably do not know it, but the prophets, when fasting had not been done, had a process of kneeling with your head between your knees. This produced an onslaught of blood to the brain, just as fasting does.

When I had my problems in early 2012, I thought I had some sort of crud, due to my breathing, as to the gunk inside my lungs which you could hear. I also had a problem that after eating, my stomach would swell, I would feel bloated. And I could literally not bend over as there was no give. Well, it was revealed that I had an enlarged heart. And that pumping capacity was actually only doing 20 to 25% of what it should have been. As I realized later, I did not have any sort of crud. It was actually my lungs operating in the least possible way due to loss of normal blood flow. In order to get rid of the crud, it actually required a full blood supply to eventually get back to normal. After a penicillin shot, I realized that it did not help, so something else was the problem. My stiffness & bloating was also realized as another casualty to loss of blood flow. Since the stomach required so much to operate normally, if my body was only receiving 20 to 25% as compared to a normal & healthy state, it would be starting to process my food & simply get hung. In other words, it would start the process but run out of blood, so then bloating & stiffness would result. Also it affected my throat muscles & felt as if I had something in my throat. I am now sure that some function in my neck related to windpipe & stomack related was being curtailed too, to that result. Once my blood supply was regained, these problems were eradicated. However, I can sense I am not back to 100%, but hover around 80 to 85% in blood capacity.

Exercise (in my case) in recovery, must be slowly regained. Meaning you have to slowly build your body to flow the blood again at a normal rate. This also helps to get your blood pressure rate back down, as well. And yes, losing weight is another advantage. I can ride a bicycle for 3 miles & drop about 25 to 30 off my BP count (big number), after taking it before & then 30 minutes later after the ride.

OK, I told you all that, so you could get a good idea of how eating (digestion) affects blood supply, which can affect our physical, mental, and spiritual capacities. As for us humans.

Back to your note on YellowCats ...

I had never thought of it, but there could be some sort of digestion cycle (or part of the whole). It may or not be. But if catfish are affected in a similar manner like us, it remains one possibility. Or one amongst other possible reasons.

As I have said to others on occasion, if you drop it onto their eating table, what would you do if the situation was the same? Eat if of course, because it is a sure thing.

The roam-feed circuit switch which my Catfish Calendar focuses upon, could be Nature's built in exercise & eat cycle (program) pre-installed. In other words, it may be Nature's way of kicking them out the door & get those other muscles moving other than their mouth & lungs, along with stomach & digestion (getting the blood to flow to do other things).

I will post February calendar tonight.

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2016 - 02/03/16 05:53 AM

OK, before I fall asleep, I best get the February 2016 Lynn's Catfish Calendar on the Forum.

Even though the Catfish Calendar is mainly derived from cycles, the last question brought up an interesting angle that may need exploring. It got me to thinking of some of my other research as to eating & the blood flow being diverted, which by processing, turns into energy, but not up front, as it puts us into a lethargic state, especially from larger meals. If it occurs to us, then it may not only apply to humans & other mammals, but fish also.

Lynn’s Catfish Calendar [LCC]- FEBRUARY 2016
XX / | 1 BFT | 2 ZIP | 3 ZIP | 4 BC | 5 BC | 6 ZIP
7 BC | 8 BC | 9 BFT | 10 BFT | 11 ZIP | 12 ZIP | 13 BC
14 BC | 15 ZIP | 16 ZIP | 17 YC | 18 YC | 19 BC | 20 BC
21 BC | 22 BFT | 23 BFT | 24 BC | 25 BC | 26 ZIP | 27 BFT
28 BFT | 29 ZIP

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- February 2016 Moon Phases-
8th- New Moon
15th- 1st Qtr
22nd- Full Moon

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- February 2016 Lynn's PYC (Prime YellowCat) Days-
(31)/1 (Sun)/Mon
9/10 Tues/Wed
17/18/19 Wed/Thurs/Fri
27/28 Sat/Sun

I see that "Phil" did not see his shadowm, so possibly an early Spring. We shall see. I am thinking there may yet be a big cold blast later this month. We are overdue for one.

Stay Warm!!!
Expect the unexpected!!!
Don't take unneeded risks!!!

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2016 - 03/14/16 05:12 AM

Seems Summer is here, but a little Winter comes in the later part of the week.

Here's your "better late that never" March 2016 Lynn's Catfish Calendar. Have been very busy here, at home & work. This week will be no exception, as the boss wants us to do our week in 4 days, so we can shut down Friday & have a 3 day weekend. So I better post it now, as I won't have any time in the next 4 to 5 days.

It seems I am to be deep frying catfish for the family gathering Sunday the 20th. My sister decided she misses my fish fry-s. Actually, I have not done any deep fry-s since my ordeal in the end of 2011 & early 2012. Actually, I did one for just the few of us (6) in the door shop last year, but it was Tilapia fillets, so that does not count. I was doing at least 3 big ones a year. Now if I can just find Mrs. Tuckers shortening in the B-CS area. Village Foods was where I was buying it. That is one of my secrets. My Uncle said my Grandmother used to fry with it. My Grandmother could really make that old cast iron stove sing & cook super tasting food. We have it set up over in the corner of the foyer, but do not use it (just for memories of all the good times).

OK, 'nuff said, time for the calendar. Let's see what Spring Break (this week here in Bryan, Texas) has in store & then afterwards.

Lynn’s Catfish Calendar [LCC]- MARCH 2016
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
XX / XX | 1 ZIP | 2 ZIP | 3 BC | 4 BC | 5 BFT
6 BC | 7 BFT | 8 BFT | 9 ZIP | 10 ZIP | 11 BC | 12 BC
13 ZIP | 14 ZIP | 15 YC | 16 YC | 17 YC | 18 ZIP | 19 ZIP
20 BFT | 21 BFT | 22 BFT | 23 BC | 24 BC | 25 YC | 26 YC
27 BFT | 28 ZIP | 29 ZIP | 30 BC | 31 BC
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- March 2016 Moon Phases-
1st- Last Qtr
8th- New Moon
15th- 1st Qtr
23rd- Full Moon
31st- Last Qtr

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- March 2016 Lynn's PYC (Prime YellowCat) Days-
7/8 Mon/Tues
15/16/17 Tues/Wed/Thurs
25/26 Fri/Sat

I would definitely say that next week would be best.

Have a Good One!

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2016 - 04/02/16 09:03 AM

Wow! Just when you thought summer was already starting here, then BAM, another cool blast.

Looks like 16/17th & 23/24th are good BlueCat weekends, if you are restricted to weekends only. Always remember that a YellowCat day is also good BlueCat fishing.

Without further ado, since I am sorta tired, here's what you need ...

Lynn’s Catfish Calendar [LCC]- APRIL 2016
XX / XX / XX / XX / XX | 1 BFT | 2 BFT
3 BFT | 4 YC | 5 BFT | 6 ZIP | 7 ZIP | 8 ZIP | 9 ZIP
10 ZIP | 11 ZIP | 12 YC | 13 YC | 14 ZIP | 15 ZIP | 16 BC
17 BC | 18 BC | 19 BC | 20 BC | 21 YC | 22 YC | 23 YC
24 BC | 25 BC | 26 BC | 27 BC | 28 BC | 29 BFT | 30 BFT

And here is the additional info to assist ...

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- April 2016 Moon Phases---

7th- New Moon
13th- 1st Qtr
22nd- Full Moon
29th- Last Qtr

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- April 2016 Lynn's PYC (Prime YellowCat) Days---

3/4 Sun/Mon
12/13/14 Tues/Wed/Thurs
22/23 Fri/Sat

For the KEY, back up in this thread, if need be.

Have a Good One!!!
Posted By: BASS420

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2016 - 05/03/16 12:05 AM

U got the one for may yet. I think that this calendar that u have invented is really good advice with a lot of real effort and expertise involved. Only thing I even look in catfishing thread for. Love catching yellas at night on rod and reel. I try to read ur stuff to assist in my planning of tricks. All your advice is super helpful. Thanks

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2016 - 05/03/16 09:28 AM

Wow! BASS420 it would seem you definitely are a Bass Fisherman, but you also love to catch Yellows. I appreciate your shared comments. I'm glad I can help. As to items on YellowCats that I have shared here on TFF from time to time since 2009 or 2010, since it may be scattered in the Catfish section, it is possible the search engine on TFF can find most. They could be in threads I started, or my comments could be in other threads.

One thing I may not have shared for Rod-n-Reelers is that you can go to their lunch room. In other words, you can drop them lunch, to which most will nor resist snatching it down swiftly. On the lake, it would be dropping bait right down beside a stump or dead log. Usually, a big Yellow will have their apartment there. On the river, you look for those items or a brush pile. However, as you cast or drop your bait, you must be ready with lightning reflexes & start reeling them in to prevent their escape. Their escape could entangle the line in the brush, stump, or dead log. A good size Yellow will for the most part "dive" when they sense something is very wrong, such as a hook pulling them. Why do they dive? It is due to the reason that they hope to enable their escape by going under a structure. In a sense, to us, it would be like slipping & trying to get a grasp onto something. The dive under a structure seems to be their only means of leverage & protection. Perhaps they feel their safety or security.

If you or someone you know has used juglines for Catfish, when Blues grab them, they tend to dive, swirl, or head away. Eventually they tire down & they pull the jug under, only to be exhausted to where it eventually pops up to the surface, again & again. A big Yellow will try to dive under a log to stay secure. The jug cannot escape, and stays underwater. The jug can only make surface again, if the Yellow dismisses his leverage point. And has not gotten the line tangled or has managed to rip the hook out or snapped the line.

So in essence, when you drop it right onto their lunch table, you must swiftly prevent the posdsibility of a snagged line. There was a story (article) on this back between 2005 & 2009 in either "ACATS Now!" or "Catfish Gold" magazine about the lunch table as to Rod-n-Reeling of Yellows on Rivers. The diving portion (as to how a Yellow reacts) is from my compiling data on YellowCats.

Another portion of this diving is why Yellows are sometimes called MudCats. It is because they will bury themselves in the mud. Several reasons exist. They may do it for the same reason as to for protection or leverage, as they create a sort of suction cup to the bottom. They can also do it to escape a lack of oxygen. As to why or how on this, I cannot truly say how it would assist them due to lack of oxygen. Except that by rubbing their (Yellows) bellies, they go into a sort of meditative state, or what we might refer to as relaxation & putting one into a deep sleep or different state of body mode (which affects breathing).

I guess I better post the May 2016 Catfish Calendar while I'm here.

Lynn’s Catfish Calendar [LCC]- MAY 2016
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
1 YC | 2 YC | 3 ZIP | 4 ZIP | 5 ZIP | 6 ZIP | 7 ZIP
8 ZIP | 9 YC | 10 YC | 11 ZIP | 12 ZIP | 13 ZIP | 14 BC
15 BC | 16 ZIP | 17 ZIP | 18 BC | 19 YC | 20 YC | 21 BC
22 BC | 23 BC | 24 BFT | 25 BC | 26 BFT | 27 BFT | 28 YC
29 YC | 30 ZIP | 31 ZIP

And here is the additional info to assist ...

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- May 2016 Moon Phases---
6th- New Moon
13th- 1st Qtr
21st- Full Moon
29th- Last Qtr

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- May 2016 Lynn's PYC (Prime YellowCat) Days---
1/2 Sun/Mon
9/10/11 Mon/Tues/Wed
19/20 Thurs/Fri
28/29 Sat/Sun

And here is the KEY for page 2 of this thread-

+++++++++++++++++++++++
YC = YellowCat // BC = BlueCat // BFT = Buffet (assorted) // ZIP = Zip (not very good)
Tip- Gator Gars (GG) run ahead of YellowCats, so bait out late (between 11 PM to 1 AM).
Tip- Some variations or alterations are due to weather or other external influences.
Tip- For Rod-n-Reelers, use Solunar Tables (etc.) also for best times with my calendar.

Looks like for Memorial Day weekend, Friday is Buffet (BFT), while Saturday & Sunday are YellowCat (YC) which also is fairly good for Blues (BC). Sadly Monday is Zip (ZIP). However, there is always the Bleedover Lap into Monday. And if you run lines, and have not checked them since Sunday night, Monday morning run should have some on your lines.

There ya Go! Happy Catfishing!

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2016 - 06/04/16 01:19 PM

Whew! What a last week or so! I hope I get a breather for a few days. Transmission went out at the stop sign just outside of the property before pulling onto the highway. Anyway, got another work car Wednesday (a week later, and inspected & new tags). Then got inundated at work.

OK, onto better things ...

A Belated Happy Mother's Day & an early Happy Father's Day!

Here's your June 2016 Lynn's Catfish Calender (LCC) ...
Lynn’s Catfish Calendar [LCC]- JUNE 2016
XX / XX / XX | 1 BC | 2 ZIP | 3 ZIP | 4 ZIP
5 BFT | 6 BFT | 7 YC | 8 ZIP | 9 ZIP | 10 BC | 11 BC
12 ZIP | 13 ZIP | 14 ZIP | 15 BFT | 16 BFT | 17 BC | 18 BC
19 BC | 20 BFT | 21 BFT | 22 YC | 23 YC | 24 YC | 25 YC
26 YC | 27 ZIP | 28 ZIP | 29 BC | 30 BC
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

And here is the additional info to assist you in your YellowCat & BlueCat & Gator Gars endeavors...

Remember, when you get near or at Full Moon, there seems to be a 2 to 8 hour delay on the YellowCats & Gator Gars. They head out at or just after dark. You will have to go back thru the different yearly threads for that info.

Also for those into Crappie, it seems to be good for Crappie on BC days. Be sure & drop me a line if this works for you. My boss has done pretty good on those nights.

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- June 2016 Moon Phases---
4th- New Moon
12th- 1st Qtr
20th- Full Moon
27th- Last Qtr

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- June 2016 Lynn's PYC (Prime YellowCat) Days---
[This is the underlying pattern I discovered in 1981.]
5/6/7 Sun/Mon/Tues
15/16 Wed/Thurs
24/25 Fri/Sat

And here is the KEY once again for those just tuning in-

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2016 - 06/04/16 02:00 PM

For those of you just tuning in, the KEY is posted from time to time, but if you don't see it or printed a copy to have on hand, usually just back up in that year's thread. It will be at least in January's post.

Also, in January (the beginning of that year's thread), will be listings of the previous years' threads so you can link up fast without wasted time in searching.

The Moon phases do affect certain things, so they are important to the calendar.

The PYC runs with the calendar, but it is as if I see two train tracks that run to the same destination, yet run parallel, but not align directly with each other. By using the Calendar & the PYC, you are utilizing both tracks & have the best possibilities.

By sharing feedback or your testimony, you are adding to the research to help hone in on better & finer detailing. I am always thrilled to read your reports or comments. That includes any that might include negative results. By having Jeff & James using my YellowCat tips & the Calendar & keeping me updated constantly, I achieved greater leaps & bounds in my Phase 2 of Lake Research. Not only did they benefit, but me & the Calendar as well.

While I may be a setliner (using trotlines, throwlines, juglines, and such), Rod-N-Reeling is slightly different. There are certain aspects that may be different, but everything can be of benefit.

The calendar keys in on what I have termed a "Roam/Feed" circuit switch. A rough & broad term might be known as "instinct" or "ingrained". It seems they are programmed to perform this ritual. By having your lines set in a certain place, such as a trotline, if they are not there, they must "roam" in order to "feed" on the bait on the line. By Rod-n-Reel, you can actually take your line & drop it on them. So you see, there are advantages & disadvantages. In the case of bad weather, the set lines are still there (even if you aren't), while most that are Rod-n-Reeling must get off the waters for safety.

As you key in on the calendar, you also realize there are overlaps. Sometimes it may extend later or sometimes it may prelude as much as 12 hours or so. As you learn to work the Calendar, you will find that you can zero in on these "extras" to benefit your catches, whether it be for sport (Catch-N-Release) or for food (Release into the Grease).

That being said, Wishing You the Best Catches are Just Ahead!!!

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2016 - 07/01/16 08:28 AM

As you know, it's hot. Even at night, you still need to stay hydrated. This heat & humidity will boil your body's moisture out of it. Not only can you seriously get dehydrated, but you can also shut down your kidneys if you go too far. That is one thng you do not ever want to do.

As you can see, the start into July 4th weekend does not look the best. Just remember, my estimate is about 25% to 33% run rogue. Meaning they dance to a different beat, or I should say pattern. In other words, they follow a different pattern.

Have a safe holiday!!!

That being said, here's your July 2016 Lynn's Catfish Calender (LCC) ...

Lynn’s Catfish Calendar [LCC]- JULY 2016
XX / XX / XX / XX / XX | 1 ZIP | 2 ZIP
3 BFT | 4 BFT | 5 ZIP | 6 ZIP | 7 BC | 8 BC | 9 BC
10 ZIP | 11 ZIP | 12 BFT | 13 BFT | 14 BFT | 15 ZIP | 16 BC
17 BFT | 18 BFT | 19 YC | 20 YC | 21 YC | 22 YC | 23 YC
24 ZIP | 25 ZIP | 26 BC | 27 BC | 28 ZIP | 29 ZIP | 30 YC
31 BFT

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- July 2016 Moon Phases---
4th- New Moon
11th- 1st Qtr
19th- Full Moon
26th- Last Qtr

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- July 2016 Lynn's PYC (Prime YellowCat) Days---
3/4/5 Sun/Mon/Tues
13/14 Wed/Thurs
22/23 Fri/Sat
30/31/(1) Sat/Sun/(Mon)

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2016 - 08/04/16 04:14 AM

Man, has it been hot & humid!

Here's your August 2016 Lynn's Catfish Calender (LCC) ...

Lynn’s Catfish Calendar [LCC]- AUGUST 2016
XX / 1 ZIP | 2 ZIP | 3 ZIP | 4 ZIP | 5 BC | 6 ZIP
7 ZIP | 8 ZIP | 9 BFT | 10 BFT | 11 ZIP | 12 ZIP | 13 ZIP
14 BC | 15 BFT | 16 YC | 17 YC | 18 YC | 19 YC | 20 BC
21 BC | 22 BC | 23 BC | 24 ZIP | 25 ZIP | 26 YC | 27 YC
28 YC | 29 ZIP | 30 ZIP | 31 ZIP

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- August 2016 Moon Phases---
2nd- New Moon
10th- 1st Qtr
18th- Full Moon
24th- Last Qtr

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- August 2016 Lynn's PYC (Prime YellowCat) Days---
(30/31)/1 (Sat/Sun)/Mon
9/10 Tues/Wed
18/19 Thurs/Fri
27/28/29 Sat/Sun/Mon

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2016 - 09/04/16 04:08 PM

Darrell at Running Branch on Lake Limestone sent me an earlier photo of 3 guy's catch (or best of their catch) this. It was three hefty sized YellowCats, weighing in at 67, 61, and 47 pounds. Not bad at all! The picture's date was 4-23-16. So if they were running set lines, that meant they most probably baited out on the end of the 22nd & pulled them in early on the 23rd. If they were rod-n-reeling, they caught them on the 23rd. Looking back at the calendar, the Catfish Calendar marks 21st, 22nd, and 23rd as YC days (Thursday, Friday, and Saturday). And I have the 22nd & 23rd marked as my targeted PYC (Prime YellowCat Days). So there ya go! Right on target. Bullseye!!!

Also, a fellow catfisherman from Lake Conroe has been using the calendar for rod-n-reeling Yellows and has noticed compared to before, the Calendar has "significantly" brought his numbers up this year. He lives on the Lake. How lucky can you get! If I lived on the lake or river, they would have to drag me into work with chains. Now, as I have said, most who fish by set lines will fare better than those by rod-n-reel. It has to do with my understanding of what the pattern suggests- a "roam-feed circuit" built into their system. Drum roll please .............. Ta Da! He is using rod-n-reel & notes he has found it best to go after the Yellows according to the calendar instead of "wasted time" on the YC vacation (off) days. So you can see, the calendar just plain works. As you know, just getting off & fishing, is great! But catching fish is greater!! And for sure, catching more fish is the greatest!!! As to the Calendar, I did not create it, I just discovered it. It has been there all along, everything has patterns, you just have to look long enough.

Several other rod-n-reelers have shared that they use the calendar to target Yellows, when they want to definitely catch Yellows. Very few send me the finer details though. So I do appreciate it when you do! Makes me feel I am doing something worthwhile.

Many of you are wondering about this Labor Day weekend which is already in full swing. Time to relax, enjoy family & friends & meet some new friends while you are there, celebrate the holiday responsibly, then just before you head back to the mundane work grind, hit it hard fishing on Monday morning till time to leave.

Here's your September 2016 Lynn's Catfish Calender (LCC) ...

Lynn’s Catfish Calendar [LCC]- SEPTEMBER 2016
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
XX / XX / XX / XX | 1 ZIP | 2 ZIP | 3 ZIP
4 ZIP | 5 BFT | 6 BFT | 7 ZIP | 8 ZIP | 9 ZIP | 10 BC
11 BC | 12 BFT | 13 YC | 14 YC | 15 YC | 16 YC | 17 BC
18 BC | 19 BFT | 20 BC | 21 ZIP | 22 ZIP | 23 YC | 24 YC
25 ZIP | 26 ZIP | 27 BC | 28 ZIP | 29 ZIP | 30 ZIP

Back up a few to see the KEY if needed for newcomers.

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- September 2016 Moon Phases---
1st- New Moon
9th- 1st Qtr
16th- Full Moon
23rd- Last Qtr
30th- New Moon

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- September 2016 Lynn's PYC (Prime YellowCat) Days---
5/6 Mon/Tues
14/15 Wed/Thurs
23/24/25 Fri/Sat/Sun

Here's Wishing you the Very Best of Catfishing!!!

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2016 - 09/30/16 04:48 AM

I have to work on roof this weekend, so I best post this now.
Here ya go ...

Lynn’s Catfish Calendar [LCC]- OCTOBER 2016
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
XX / XX / XX / XX / XX / XX | 1 ZIP
2 BC | 3 BFT | 4 BFT | 5 ZIP | 6 ZIP | 7 BC | 8 BC
9 BC | 10 BFT | 11 BFT | 12 YC | 13 YC | 14 BC | 15 BC
16 BFT | 17 BFT | 18 BC | 19 BC | 20 YC | 21 YC | 22 ZIP
23 ZIP | 24 BC | 25 BC | 26 BC | 27 ZIP | 28 ZIP | 29 BC
30 BC | 31 BC
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- October 2016 Lynn's PYC (Prime YellowCat) Days---
3/4 Mon/Tues
12/13 Wed/Thurs
20/21/22 Thurs/Fri/Sat
30/31 Sun/Mon

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- October 2016 Moon Phases---
9th- 1st Qtr
16th- Full Moon
22nd- Last Qtr
30th- New Moon

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Definitely enjoying the cooler weather!!!
Posted By: catcrap

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2016 - 10/03/16 08:45 PM

Lynn, you said you learned from a gentleman named Olen? Would that be Olen Meiske?

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2016 - 10/04/16 04:52 AM

My two YellowCat teachers were Olen Crocker & Newt Stanley. Olen was from around this area of Bryan & College Station. I lived in the same apartment complex as him. He was over Maintenance there. Most of the time we were fishing with different groups. Not sure what brought Newt or exactly when to this area. Newt was a welder before, if not mistaken. I recall him talking about fishing on the Salt Fork of the Brazos River. He worked with me at the Printing Center from around 1977 to 1981 on Texas A&M University campus until I left. We worked in the Bindery together. A couple of us started fishing together. The patterns of the Calendar were found a few years after. I heard Newt passed on in the mid to late 80s or early 90s. Olen passed away in November 2012 at age 75. My printed 2013 Catfish Calendar was the Memorial Tribute Edition which paid tribute in the January write-up & pics to Olen, Newt, and Jeff Summers. My two YellowCat Teachers & one of my two Prize YellowCat students. Sadly, Jeff & his 2nd wife were brutally murdered near Mart, Texas in September 2011. I shared with Jeff & his son James about YellowCats, as well as my Catfish Calendar. They had never caught any Yellows before. Within the first few weeks, they along with Elvin (a fishing partner), caught their 3rd Yellow- a 30+ pound Op. Within a month from that they caught their 4th YellowCat which was a grayish tinted Op weighing in at 62.4# in April 2007. That one was featured in the April write-up of the first Printed Calendar- 2009 Collector's Edition.

In essence, the Olen you mentioned is not the Olen I knew, unless that might have been a middle name.
Posted By: catcrap

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2016 - 10/04/16 03:19 PM

very neat, and thank you for the detailed answer. Sorry to hear about your buddy Jeff. not the same Olen I knew, but very cool nonetheless. I'm going out to Granger this weekend to get on the blues, and I'll let you know how it worked out. also going to see what I can figure out about catching yellows using your calendar. I've never attempted catching them before cause I just didn't know what on earth I was doing, but that helps narrow it down.

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2016 - 10/05/16 03:32 AM

Last few people to share have said that the calendar has really helped them increase their catch of Yellows. Be it set lines or Rod-n-Reel.

I shared with Jeff & his son James more than most, and when they weren't sure, gave advice. In return, they helped to keep me updated on details. And those details have helped in even fine tuning the data. For instance, they found that their biggest Yellows if caught during a 3 day YC run, was either up front or towards the end.

Those that use the calendar know it works, as they have experienced the before & after. As you know, it's fantastic to just be able to go fishing. But when you really catch them, it's even greater. I recall one who shared that they caught so much, they had to start tossing some really good size Blues back. What they kept, they fileted, but had to build a ramp to get their big ice chest of filets off the truck at home as they could not lift it. His neighbors started giving him catfish nicknames, similar to what some did with me at Running Branch Marina on Lake Limestone. Most that did not know my name, just called me "Catfish".

Yes, it was really sad about Jeff & Pam. We had talked that summer about them having a big one (Cat) that was messing with them up at the top of the lake. So Jeff was wanting me to get with him & help show him how to set up one of my "Planter" trotlines (special design), so they could finally catch it.

Almost forgot, for those who also like to fish for Crappie, it seems we have targeted that they bite best on BC days, especially nearest the New Moon. We have been trying to get several confirmations (repeated good catches). Ron (my boss), went this last weekend on Saturday (October 1st) which was ZIP. I forgot how many hours it took him to catch 23, but I asked, that was not good (as to the time involved) & you had to really work to get those. He agreed. Then he told me about Sunday (Oct. 2nd- BC day). He had two grandkids with him. He said as one caught one & he would take it off & rebait with a new minnow, they would throw it back in. Just as the other caught one. This continued (back & forth constantly) & in a short time they had 37 & decided it was enough (as he was going to have to clean them).

Have a Good One!!!
Posted By: MercuryJump

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2016 - 10/11/16 01:20 AM

I fish every Friday night from about 8pm to Sat morning around 5-8am depending on the bite. I'll see how your calendar lines up to what I catch. Thks.

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2016 - 11/06/16 04:22 AM

"MercuryJump", hope you have fared well using the calendar. I have had a few recently, using set lines, as well Rod-n-Reel, share their usage of the calendar & realizing they can zero in on their target & increase their catch volume. I am always glad to hear feedback. I hope to hear back from you.

It's time once again for the monthly Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- NOVEMBER 2016. It seems like time flies faster & faster.

There were 1367 views for October 2016, just in case you were wondering if anybody else was utilizing the Calendar. I am trying to post this before I fall asleep. I probably look like a bobblehead, just catching my head before my face finds the keyboard.

Remember, if you are hunting & staying at a lake camping ground this Thanksgiving weekend, such as Running Branch Marina & Campground at Lake Limestone (for example), you can multi-task. In other words, not only go hunting, but fishing as well. That way, you may not get a deer or any ducks, but chances are you won't be going home with nothing, if also fishing. If you prefer set lines, then set some out, go hunting in the morning, then check & rebait your fishing lines. Go hunting in the afternoon and evening, then go check & rebait once again. If you prefer Rod-n-Reel, then do the same. However, you might already have some waiting for you, if you had set lines out instead. Don't go back empty handed. Or maybe have a good fish fry while camping. Or both. Maybe you are training your teenagers to hunt. You can fish & train them in that skill as well.

Anyway... Have a Great Month & Safe Holiday!
Be Sure to Fall Back tonight & get that extra hour of sleep you need.

Lynn’s Catfish Calendar [LCC]- NOVEMBER 2016
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
XX / XX | 1 ZIP | 2 ZIP | 3 BC | 4 BC | 5 BC
6 BFT | 7 BFT | 8 YC | 9 YC | 10 ZIP | 11 BC | 12 BFT
13 BFT | 14 BC | 15 BC | 16 YC | 17 YC | 18 ZIP | 19 ZIP
20 ZIP | 21 BC | 22 BC | 23 ZIP | 24 ZIP | 25 ZIP | 26 BFT
27 BC | 28 ZIP | 29 BFT | 30 ZIP
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- November 2016 Lynn's PYC (Prime YellowCat) Days---
8/9 Tues/Wed
16/17/18 Wed/Thurs/Fri
26/27 Sat/Sun

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- November 2016 Moon Phases---
7th- 1st Qtr
14th- Full Moon
21st- Last Qtr
29th- New Moon

For the KEY, back up to October's post.
Posted By: Kid Chuckles

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2016 - 11/19/16 11:50 AM

Waiting for Dec. 26th-30th Making a Rod n Reel trip to tawakani. Very good Calendar Sir. You should Sell them lol

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2016 - 11/20/16 06:48 AM

I hope I don't jinx myself here, but I have really high hopes that I will be able to finally get a printed calendar for sell for 2017. Due to many things going on the side, I have not been able to do it the past 3 years.

I will give you a heads up on the days of your trip. But it may not be what you hoped for. Sadly, I cannot alter the way the Calendar falls. But you can key in on it, to maximize your potential. As to the period range, there is a 3 day ZIP run from December 20th thru 22nd. Then 2 days of BFT for 23rd & 24th. Finally a ZIP streak of December 25th thru 29th of 5 days. But jumping to a 2 day run of BC to end off the year 2016 for December 30th thru 31st. If your trip is set in stone, then a few key pointers to help would be to use a scope to find the fish & hit them hard, as rogue ones (25 to 33% in my estimation) might still hit. As to baits, stink baits might have better hits than standard live baits. Best times might be in Daybreak & Dusk feeding times. And be keyed in on weather changes, as certain ones will bring in a heavier bite or activate one. Catfish are very sensitive to pressure changes. It will be best to diversify, as to baits & techniques. The PYC days are 23rd & 24th. As to the Moon, there is good news, as it may work to your advantage- 20th is Last Quarter & 29th is a New Moon. For me, they would hit earlier in the evening & night, than towards a Full Moon time (for me, much later). Above all, get you a small pocket notebook & jot down items as they occur. And hopefully share your results. The best mix of BFT, BC, and YC (including a 3 day PYC period) involves the 7 day range as to December 10th thru the 16th.

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2016 - 11/20/16 06:58 AM

I forgot to add, as key pointers, from the evening of ZIP (Dec. 29th) into BC (Dec. 30th), hit them with everything you got. As you can see in the thread "Meat Haul", Dave knows how to "work" the Calendar, as he has been using it for quite a few years now. By keying in on the days ahead & after, you can use Bleedover to your advantage (see his pics on that thread). By keying in on this, you can maximize it to the fullest.
Posted By: Big Zee

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2016 - 11/21/16 02:35 PM

So I'm looking at Tuesday the 29th, November "BFT". So set the jugs out Monday evening and run them through Wed morning the 30th?

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2016 - 11/22/16 06:38 AM

That would be correct, possibly even in the afternoon. However, if too early in the preceding ZIP day, you might have your bait stripped. Then if no bait, well no catch. Sometimes you have Bleedover. Not guaranteed though. Meaning it is not an automatic gate that opens at Midnight & shuts at the next Midnight. Since the Calendar does not key in on a specific time or times, you never know if they hit once or multiple times. By using set lines, such as jugs, then you are spreading out your odds, meaning you are securing a much greater spread (catch/catches). I hope I explained that correctly enough. With Rod-n-Reel, you could go the evening before a designated calendar day & stay on it thru the calendar day into the day after (possibly up to Noon), just as well. The thing about set lines though, is that they are there constantly working for you, unless bait has been taken (which can be replaced). This is one of the ways to "work" the calendar to your maximum potential.

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2016 - 11/22/16 01:43 PM

Thanks good info there!

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2016 - 11/23/16 05:41 AM

I dug back to find this, concerning "Bleedover". It was the last tip noted up front in the 2013 (2012/2013) hard copy of Lynn's Catfish Calendar:
+++++++++++++++++
One more item, in assisting you on the Catfish Calendar, is what I call "Bleedover". The Calendar shows out of the 4 codes (YC/BC/BFT/ZIP), which one is the strongest for that given day. I have also started noting separately the basic underlying YC pattern I found that runs in sequences of 2/2/3 [7 off, 2 on, 7 off, 2 on, 7 off, 3 on] & repeat [that is about as close as you can get, as it does have a little variation]. Those days should be circled or highlighted on your calendar. These are your PRIME YC days, as to my findings. Each facet of the calendar is unique. Learning to capitalize on various portions helps you to get the maximum possible "catches". "Bleedover" is the fold point from a change on the given calendar day. Example: ZIP then BC, or BC then ZIP. Sometimes the shift is not abrupt or like a gate at the Midnight hour. They may overlap. So by starting the evening before or ending the following morning, it has its advantages. The "roam/feed" circuit is like a switch. It may switch on several times for a day or night or during both. It may switch on for a portion of the day. You have no idea of just when or how many times the switch will click on. This is why set lines show the best results. It is because the set lines are "fixed" and that they are out for the duration of that full day. Most rod-n-reelers only go out for portions of a day, in which they may be fishing in periods that the switch is not "on". However, on another hand, they are not fixed, and can constantly move where the fish are. By use of versatility of moving & electronics, the law of averages prevail in finally hitting a school that eventually one or some will bite. Hope that helps you a bit! Be sure & check out some of the Catfish Calendar Testimonies on the back side of December. The KEY is also there, as well.
+++++++++++++++++

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2016 - 11/23/16 03:24 PM

I have not heard the 7 off and 2 on in a long time. My grandpa always told me "find that pattern and your on the yellow cats all year." He was right. Good advice there thanks again.

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2016 - 12/03/16 10:49 PM

Here we are, the last month of 2016- December. Some are out braving the cold, the wind, the rain, the waves, or some or all of it. Some are sitting home warm or cozy. But either way, we must be thankful that we can do either. That we are not forced to dance to somebody else's drumbeat. Regardless of your persuasion as to the Presidential outcome, regardless of any possible changes, we are Americans who should band together in our diversity to become stronger & better.

Meanwhile attention turns to the Catfish, mainly Blues & Yellows, as well as Gator Gars. Meaning of course, when to best target them. With that in mind, out comes the December 2016 Calendar, a few days late due to late night work here on my end. It is extremely hard to post anything when you are busy taking on Vitamin Zzzzzzzz hovering over your keyboard. And even more if you don't make it that far after a 12+ hour day.

First off, before I post the Calendar, I want to say that I am trying hard to get the printed version for 2017 ready. Yes, it has been awhile since 2013 that I have had the time to put together the printed version once again. But I need your help. If you have some good pictures of a catch or two. And have time to jot down a few notes, as to where, what, when & how (bait & what type of lines or method). And maybe a little side note or story. Maybe humorous, maybe serious. Or observations noted. Also, whether or not you use the calendar or not. You see, I do not discriminate. If so, you could get featured in on the 2017 Catfish Calendar. Send the info and up to 3 pictures to me (Lynn) at my regular E-dress: <hlynnh@peoplepc.com> (that is a small "L") or in CAPS to: <HLYNNH@PEOPLEPC.COM>.

In 2011, a new addition was added to the Printed version. It was the small pocket mini-calendars.

In 2013, the new addition added was the huge wall calendar. The pocket calendars were still available.

For 2017, the new add-on will be that my PYC days (Lynn's "Personal YellowCat Days") will be added into the printed version, as well as Pockets & the Wall type. Due to that, you will not need the Moon days or the PYC days on a separate sheet of paper. The Moon phases have already been on the printed versions.

The printed version gives you all 12 months, so you can map out your Catfish trips way ahead of time, as well as a back up trip if life throws curve balls your way. Plus the printed version gives you a few updates & tips.

The mini-calendar helps you take it on the go, for any idle time you might want to check or plan, it even has a few blanks in the back for your notes. Best of all, you can introduce your best frends or family to the Catfish Calendar by giving one of these affordable ones. This way, you don't have to loan out your Collectible printed calendar. The requirement, is that you buy at least one of the printed or Wall versions for that given year. You can then order more & more when or if you need them.

And the Wall version is really neat, as you have the whole 12 months right before your eyes, so that you can get the bigger picture, without flipping back and forth & really make some big plans for those trips in 2017 to become the most productive.

All versions have the Key. I will let you know when the magic time arrives & the costs. Meanwhile, if you got pics, info & a brief, send them to me at my E-dress above. I have 3 already and need 8 or 9 more.

Lynn’s Catfish Calendar [LCC]- DECEMBER 2016
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
| XX / XX / XX / XX / 1 ZIP | 2 BC | 3 BFT
4 BFT | 5 YC | 6 YC | 7 YC | 8 ZIP | 9 ZIP | 10 BFT
11 BFT | 12 BC | 13 BC | 14 YC | 15 YC | 16 BC | 17 ZIP
18 BC | 19 BC | 20 ZIP | 21 ZIP | 22 ZIP | 23 BFT | 24 BFT
25 ZIP | 26 ZIP | 27 ZIP | 28 ZIP | 29 ZIP | 30 BC | 31 BC

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- December 2016 Lynn's PYC (Prime YellowCat) Days---
5/6 Mon/Tues
14/15/16 Wed/Thurs/Fri
23/24 Fri/Sat

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- December 2016 Moon Phases---
7th- 1st Qtr
13th- Full Moon
20th- Last Qtr
29th- New Moon

Here is the KEY once again.

Lynn’s Catfish Calendar [LCC]- 2016 KEY:
+++++++++++++++++++++++
Tip- BlueCats also bite good on YC days, but you can rack ‘em up on BC days.
Tip- My PYC Days keys in on the YellowCat’s Feed/Roam Days Underlying Pattern.

Remember, take precautions in the winter & act accordingly. Other than that, Game On!

Have a Good & Blessed Holy-Days season!!!

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2016 - 12/22/16 11:02 AM

I tried your calendar and caught a few. I am fishing tonight and maybe the next also. I would love to know what your calendar has to say about the expectations.

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2016 - 12/23/16 07:39 AM

You did not define when & how much as to your catches. As to the query, there was a 3 day ZIP run from Tuesday thru Thursday (20th-22nd). Followed by 2 days BFT (23rd/24th), which I usually get a mixed fair size catch. But also those 2 days fall in on the PYC days as for the YellowCat pattern best deined as 7 off, 2 on, 7 off, 2 on, 7 off, 3 on & repeat. There is a slight variance but that is the general YellowCat roam/feed circuit switch. In the last few posts, mention of someone's Grandpa spoke of a YellowCat pattern on 7 & 2, and if you could find it, it would really bring in more YellowCats.

Next is a 5 day ZIP run from Sunday thru Thursday (25th thru 29th). And to end the year off, there are 2 BC (BlueCat) days for Friday & Saturday (30th & 31st).

Once again, as to Bleedover, for those who really want to "work" the calendar to the max & get the most of their catches, the gates do not open and close at Midnight, as the Bag Limit does for the rules in TPW in Texas. Bleedover can start in early & run late. Learn to key in on that like Dave noted in his post "Meat Haul". He baited his jugs out the afternoon/evening of a ZIP day & left them until the morning of the next day (which was a BC aka BlueCat day). Of 20 jugs with 2 hooks each, that was a possibility of 40 max. He had 31. Of those 31, he lost a few trying to boat them, tossed the biggest back, and a few others, only to keep 21 of the 31 that were hooked. That is just above a 75% max catch. And over a 50% keeper rate.

As to a recent rod-n-reel adventure, due to a Cold Front coming in on Saturday evening (17th) just after dark, Eric, Kristina, and Chelsea (my son-in-law, daughter & grand-daughter) went rod-n-reeling about 1.5 miles down TX 21 to the 2nd (middle) bridge of the Navasota River. Chelsea caught 3. Eric & Kristina caught 9 each. For a total of 21 (a few were under size & tossed back). So, 21 catches in a about 2 or so hours. It was this, as per the LCC- Fri/Sat/Sun (16/17/18): BC/ZIP/BC. It was a ZIP day with BC days before & after. Chances are, they hit the Bleedover early from Sunday, and just before the front came in. Weather also comes into play. Sometimes I am amazed on YC days as to how the weather sometimes has a change as you you go into a YC cycle, as an estimate, I would say maybe a 30 to 50% more hit on weather changes. So you really have to wonder if there might be a partial calendar too on weather changes (at least partial).

In my estimates, Bleedover can run after a day on the calendar, into the morning, and possibly to a max of about lunch. Bleedover running before a day on the calendar can run from the evening of the day before, maybe even backing up as far as lunch to the max.

As to each day defined (one of 4) on my Catfish Calendar, there is no pinpoint time, or how many times the switch or switches may trigger. This is why set lines take advantage of that. Yet, if you have a boat & some sort of scope, you can increase your odds by hitting various groups & spots of fish. Another plus is the sorts of bait used. I'll explain that one in January's calendar.

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2016 - 12/26/16 06:27 AM

I did fair Friday. I caught 9 BCs nothing over 10lbs.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum