Texas Fishing Forum

Are they deep yet?

Posted By: olenarey87

Are they deep yet? - 01/04/16 04:56 PM

A buddy and I are taking off Thursday and Friday and heading down to Richland Chambers to try and get some big blues. Have they moved deep yet? We are going to spend a lot of time on the water just looking around, but just wanted to see what is working for you guys. This will be his our first winter trip on his boat, and want to do relatively well. If all else fails we can chase some sandbass and hybrids.
I think our biggest challenge will be finding bait, but I plan on netting some tomorrow after work just in case.
Thanks for any advice!
Posted By: OPTIMUS PRIME

Re: Are they deep yet? - 01/04/16 06:43 PM

Pm sent Pardner!!!! Lol! cheers
Posted By: hurricane 201

Re: Are they deep yet? - 01/04/16 06:51 PM

Olen, I think the answer is Yes, No, Maybe, and Sometimes at the moment. I have caught Blues to about 10 lb in 3' of water a week ago, and had a friend on a different lake catching in 35' the same day. Have noticed a fairly consistent shift in the bait fish, I have had to move out into 8-17' to find the better concentration of shad on several lakes lately.
Listen to Rick he has been out a lot more than me lately and should be copying me on all PM's sent. LOL. hint! hint! Rick
Posted By: Chiprat

Re: Are they deep yet? - 01/04/16 09:31 PM

Yea, I somehow missed the PM as well...:) But, there are many Shore Casters (BossHawgs, etc) catching some really big Cats now, so as said above, they can be anywhere. Good Bait, Good Electronics, and Time on the water... Good luck.

Re: Are they deep yet? - 01/04/16 11:42 PM

Thanks for the info guys. We have a couple spots planned out that produced a couple months ago, and we have a few other places that look promising on navionics. But we will be out there a lot and will be doing a lot of looking.
Posted By: mjmetro0719

Re: Are they deep yet? - 01/05/16 12:16 AM

Good luck to you guys, I haven't been out in the past couple of weeks and I'm ready to get out on the lake myself to start finding good fish, my pm box must have been full cause I didn't get anything either smile

Re: Are they deep yet? - 01/05/16 12:34 AM

Mike, it will be our first trip out in a while, and we haven't been on Chambers in a while. It has always produced for us in the past, but this will be the first winter trip in his boat.
As an added bonus I get to see how my new truck hauls a boat!!
Posted By: mjmetro0719

Re: Are they deep yet? - 01/05/16 01:20 AM

Originally Posted By: olenarey87
Mike, it will be our first trip out in a while, and we haven't been on Chambers in a while. It has always produced for us in the past, but this will be the first winter trip in his boat.
As an added bonus I get to see how my new truck hauls a boat!!

I just recently brought up the idea to my wife of getting a new truck and unfortunately she shot that down quickly and reminded me that buying another boat this year and the hummingbird 1199 last year was enough for awhile. Congrats on your truck thumb
Posted By: tgravley aka lewisvillecatfish

Re: Are they deep yet? - 01/05/16 01:27 AM

Last couple of weeks we have caught fish from three ft to 55 ft. They are a little scattered!!!! Lol

Re: Are they deep yet? - 01/05/16 02:37 AM

Well Tom, at least that means we have a decent shot at catching something!
Posted By: BrianTx01

Re: Are they deep yet? - 01/05/16 06:24 PM

Originally Posted By: tgravley aka lewisvillecatfish
Last couple of weeks we have caught fish from three ft to 55 ft. They are a little scattered!!!! Lol

Yuck!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum