Texas Fishing Forum

how does rain and bad weather affect Catfish Bite?

Posted By: amobo45

how does rain and bad weather affect Catfish Bite? - 12/27/15 11:52 AM

How does the constant rain and bad weather (like the next couple days) do for the Catfish bite?
Is the bite better during the bad weather or a few days after? Does the bite on the river get better and the lake get worse?! Just wondering what some of you more experienced guys know about this
Posted By: Capt. Michael Littlejohn

Re: how does rain and bad weather affect Catfish Bite? - 12/27/15 01:48 PM

There is not enough consistency of good / bad fishing with rising water to make a conclusion for me.

I've nailed em' during / after a huge rainstorm.

As I've always said, if you have the chance to go, go and see what happens. Still today I get surprised with what I think I know I really don't, lol
Posted By: BigPoppa007

Re: how does rain and bad weather affect Catfish Bite? - 12/27/15 05:39 PM

Well, enough rain will close the lakes down - so that's Bad fishing days guaranteed..........
Posted By: MBDLAW

Re: how does rain and bad weather affect Catfish Bite? - 12/28/15 08:15 AM

my experience is that new rain and water levels make the kitties explore - i always leave a large bait out overnight when the levels rise at Cedar Creek ... i am on a cove and put the bait in about 4 ft of water...
Posted By: kodys'papa

Re: how does rain and bad weather affect Catfish Bite? - 12/28/15 04:23 PM

Originally Posted By: MBDLAW
my experience is that new rain and water levels make the kitties explore - i always leave a large bait out overnight when the levels rise at Cedar Creek ... i am on a cove and put the bait in about 4 ft of water...

My boat dock drop lines are catching a lot of channel cats
Posted By: Big Sam

Re: how does rain and bad weather affect Catfish Bite? - 12/28/15 09:52 PM

Fish usually go nuts when the water is rising.... breakdance
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum