Texas Fishing Forum

Good day on Fork

Posted By: littlewheel

Good day on Fork - 11/23/15 04:46 AM

Figured the cold front last night would have made fishing bad today. Finished the day with 29 good keepers though. Didn't keep any under 16 inches. Actually got to do a side by side test with Stubby's bait against another competitors and helped a fellow fisherman catch more fish. This guy pulled up about 20 yards from us and tied up right where we had just left before trying another tree. I made conversation with him and he seemed like a nice guy. About 20 minutes later Stubby showed up after he got through Crappie fishing and visited a little bit. The guy in the other boat wasn't doing too well and had been watching us catching fish. Stubby motored over to him and started some small talk. The guy asked Stubby what kind of bait he used and his response was " mine" and told him who he was. He asked if he had any bait in him , but Stubby was not in his catfish boat. I told Stubby to come back over to my boat and I would give him some of my bait. He did and after Stubby gave him a quick tutorial , the guy had one rod with Stubby's and one with the other bait. Stubby left to go clean Crappie and I was watching how he was doing. He started catching a few on Stubby's bait and nothing on the other rod. I had just left from where he was fishing and was catching fish. The guy was super appreciative about the free bait and tutorial from Stubby. I am not gonna say what other bait the guy was using out of respect for the product, but I will say the other bait was not Chemdawgs. I don't want anyone to think I am trying to bash him. Just a cool little observation of same scenario results and awesome customer service from Stubby to a guy that hasn't spent a dime with him yet.
Posted By: SGT BALLARD

Re: Good day on Fork - 11/23/15 05:55 AM

Good report and good deed from you and Stubby. I know personally what a good guy Stubby is and how good his bait is. Haven't fished with Stubby in a good while, but I do use his bait all the time.. Maybe one day I will get enough guts to take my boat out on Fork, never fished Fork before in my boat.
Posted By: stubby77

Re: Good day on Fork - 11/23/15 01:39 PM

Originally Posted By: SGT BALLARD
Good report and good deed from you and Stubby. I know personally what a good guy Stubby is and how good his bait is. Haven't fished with Stubby in a good while, but I do use his bait all the time.. Maybe one day I will get enough guts to take my boat out on Fork, never fished Fork before in my boat.
Thanks guys for all the kind words not sure I worth that much praise I just like people,Sgt I told u to call when u had a free day to come over I got a boat on me free of charge .
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum