Texas Fishing Forum

Different anchor question

Posted By: Blue Blazer 2400

Different anchor question - 11/18/15 07:03 PM

Ok I bought some rod holders that hook to the cleats on my boat, now I do not have a place to attach my anchor rope. Without adding more cleats, does anyone have a solution? The rod holders do not take up all the room on the cleat.

I was thinking about just attaching a shackle to the cleat so I could tie off to the shackle. With a shackle I would have to tie a knot and I am wanting to stay away from having to tie a knot because it would be hard to untie once the knot gets pulled tight. I was hoping for something like a cleat where I could use the figure 8 to tie.
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: Different anchor question - 11/18/15 07:34 PM

A good carabiner should work with this rod holders.
Posted By: TX0303

Re: Different anchor question - 11/18/15 07:37 PM

Learn how to tie a bowline knot. Easy to untie even after pulled tight.
Posted By: TCK73

Re: Different anchor question - 11/18/15 08:50 PM

Originally Posted By: TX0303
Learn how to tie a bowline knot. Easy to untie even after pulled tight.

+1
Posted By: BigPoppa007

Re: Different anchor question - 11/18/15 08:51 PM

Buy and install more cleats
Posted By: Blue Blazer 2400

Re: Different anchor question - 11/18/15 08:54 PM

It looks like a bowline knot is used at the end of a rope. Can a bowline be tired part way down the rope? I use 300' of rope and I don't always let all of it out.
Posted By: jbobo

Re: Different anchor question - 11/19/15 02:47 AM

Try this one. I use it a lot.

[url]http://www.animatedknots.com/slip/index....imatedknots.com[url]
Posted By: JoshJones1984

Re: Different anchor question - 11/19/15 06:35 AM

link to the rod holders that attach to the cleats? I looked for some earlier this year but couldn't find anything that didn't require putting holes in the boat.
Posted By: TX0303

Re: Different anchor question - 11/19/15 05:15 PM

Originally Posted By: stratos
It looks like a bowline knot is used at the end of a rope. Can a bowline be tired part way down the rope? I use 300' of rope and I don't always let all of it out.

Yes. Make a loop in the load end of the anchor rope. Instead of sticking the very end of the rope thru the loop, double up the rope where you are tying, creating a bight, and tie with it, after you have gone around the cleat base or thru the shackle.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum