Texas Fishing Forum

Hydraulic shallow water anchors vs push poles

Posted By: Txmedic033

Hydraulic shallow water anchors vs push poles - 10/13/15 07:55 PM

Who uses them and what are your thoughts? I had push pins on my last boat and they didn't work very good in the wind. I have fished out of a boat with Power Poles and it was rock solid compared to my push poles. I know that you can't beat the convenience of the Power Poles and Talons. I'm just trying to decide of the convenience is worth the outrageous cost.
Posted By: CATDADDY JR

Re: Hydraulic shallow water anchors vs push poles - 10/13/15 09:15 PM

I like the Power Poles a lot but I wouldnt ever go out and buy any. On them windy days I still use my hand driven poles I just toss out the anchor as well to help me stay still.
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: Hydraulic shallow water anchors vs push poles - 10/14/15 01:46 AM

I use pin anchors and holds fine.
Posted By: BrianTx01

Re: Hydraulic shallow water anchors vs push poles - 10/14/15 06:24 AM

Just anchors for me.
Posted By: GetSlimed

Re: Hydraulic shallow water anchors vs push poles - 10/14/15 11:03 AM

I have the Talon 12' and think it's great. It's all electric, so there's no hydraulic pump or hoses. It's really nice not having to bust out the anchor when fishing shallow. I've used it in up to 15mph winds with no slippage.
Posted By: DU SOUTH5

Re: Hydraulic shallow water anchors vs push poles - 10/14/15 01:53 PM

The power poles are the only way to go. I also use to have to push the rods into the mud, sand ... And throw the anchor and all. And I would never go back. But for some it's more of a cost approach or limited space approach. You will not be disappointed with PP.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum