Texas Fishing Forum

Fished off Tawakoni bank today

Posted By: BCJC82

Fished off Tawakoni bank today - 10/05/15 11:51 PM

Hit the bank up today on tawakoni for some blues. I only caught one blue but I had a massive hit off a 6 inch chunk of shad about pulled the pole out of my hand. It felt like a human was holding on to my weight slowly walking away from me. No hook set so that was slightly sad. The crazy thing was the ridiculous amount of first year bass that I caught. I was using worms and fresh shad and I was catching the little bass one after another. They were blowing up all along the shore line on the shad that were there it was crazy. I am thinking that high water was really good for the spawns this year high survival rate of frys. Fun afternoon. Until the wind decided to switch directions on me.
Posted By: olenarey87

Re: Fished off Tawakoni bank today - 10/06/15 12:27 AM

Sounds like a good day! thumb
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: Fished off Tawakoni bank today - 10/06/15 01:59 AM

Good times! At least you were out on a nice day!
Posted By: OPTIMUS PRIME

Re: Fished off Tawakoni bank today - 10/06/15 12:39 PM

Dang!!! Yep, that was a good one. Sounds like you we're in the right place at the right time too. Maybe you'll get em next time. cheers
Posted By: Big Sam

Re: Fished off Tawakoni bank today - 10/06/15 03:15 PM

cheers
Posted By: stubby77

Re: Fished off Tawakoni bank today - 10/06/15 05:47 PM

fish cheers
Posted By: BCJC82

Re: Fished off Tawakoni bank today - 10/06/15 06:15 PM

well i think the catfish were just a little further out than I could cast. I know they are there they almost always are. Gonna take the boat out tomorrow and control drift the area and see what I can come up with.
Posted By: BankAngler50

Re: Fished off Tawakoni bank today - 10/07/15 08:32 PM

Well, how did you do on your boat? I went checking lake twice, yep lots of shad but no blues along shores... yep always saw some acrobatic blues further out from shore up and down coves... one did come within casting distance and took my gizzard shad head... long and skinny blue that normally would be in low teens but this one was no more than 4lb,... sorry no pic of ugly fish, threw it back in the water to eat a few more shad this fall.

On the bass, yep caught a ton of lmb dinks in the net, had some fun catching them on drop shot ml setup... all those submerged willows were/are good shallow water covers for em young fingerling and juvenile bass... we need to catch and release into the grease of them bass b4 the bass boats invasion. ..
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum