Texas Fishing Forum

How many of yall

Posted By: central texas

How many of yall - 10/05/15 11:22 PM

How many of y'all would buy if they sold a iPad sized screen with similar fish finder mounting options. Just for the purpose of a shared second screen from your main unit. Especially for si and mapping by simply connecting by a simple plug in cord . Don't need another fish finder just would love a second big screen for what my transducer is already seeing. Say maybe 300 out the door. They would sell a ton . What's y'alls thought ?
Posted By: opus

Re: How many of yall - 10/06/15 12:32 AM

You can plug some birds into a laptop
Posted By: TxCatfishGuide

Re: How many of yall - 10/06/15 03:50 AM

http://www.lowrance.com/en-US/Products/Wireless/GoFree-WIFI-1-Module-en-us.aspx
Posted By: steveiam

Re: How many of yall - 10/06/15 10:35 AM

I have a gen one Lowrance--
I would be interested-
Posted By: Big Sam

Re: How many of yall - 10/06/15 03:20 PM

probably in the works if someone hasnt made it yet....
Posted By: hurricane 201

Re: How many of yall - 10/06/15 05:23 PM

been kicking around buying a second unit to run maps on all the time so I can use my full HDS 8 for SI or sonar.
So I could be interested.

Re: How many of yall - 10/06/15 09:25 PM

I don't want a wi fi one just cord connected.
Posted By: GunGuy

Re: How many of yall - 10/06/15 09:36 PM

I want one that has a blue tooth connection. That way you can connect wirelessly and use your phone or tablet so it can move around the boat with you.
Posted By: big10

Re: How many of yall - 10/06/15 09:36 PM

Originally Posted By: hurricane 201
been kicking around buying a second unit to run maps on all the time so I can use my full HDS 8 for SI or sonar.
So I could be interested.

I'm with ya Paul. I have an HDS 5 on the bow for crappie fishing. Been real tempted to put it on the console next to the HDS 10 and use the 5 strictly for maps or 2d sonar.
Posted By: Dunkky dude

Re: How many of yall - 10/06/15 09:55 PM

extended monitor shouldn't be no big deal.. if unit supports hdmi or dvi out.

I wonder why anyone in the industry hasn't come up with such hardware setting and make this more affordable and make good buisiness out of it.
correct me if i am wrong, you need a device under water to collect sonar data, then transfer them to a processor which will process/transform/calculate data and output to a screen.

It seems as easy as hooking up a sonar device to a little Anroid stick or small pc box through hdmi or usb, then a sofeware can analyze the data and display it on a screen. The challenging part is the software part, i think hardware can be as simple as that setup.

I guess i could be missing something...
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: How many of yall - 10/07/15 12:46 AM

If there were cheap tablets available to use as an extra screen, then all of us wouldn't buy extra units for mapping or sonar. I don't see the major companies allowing it to happen. They will keep the processors in the head units to make us buy more. 2cents

Re: How many of yall - 10/07/15 09:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Txmedic033
If there were cheap tablets available to use as an extra screen, then all of us wouldn't buy extra units for mapping or sonar. I don't see the major companies allowing it to happen. They will keep the processors in the head units to make us buy more. 2cents

Agree.. unfortunate. technology-wise, it's relatively old and very doable. but, they won't do it as you said. they will make you buy second unit instead.

I found this from other forum, looks like this model supports video out. People who is shopping might consider this option.
"hummingbird 1100 series has video out where you can just plug a cheapass monitor into it and be done"

Re: How many of yall - 10/07/15 09:45 PM

it looks like video out is available for 800, 900, and above as well according to their advertisement.

http://www.humminbird.com/Products/VC-1/
Posted By: Vess

Re: How many of yall - 10/07/15 10:50 PM

Graduated to a 1199 from a 598 and I hate that I didn't keep it so I could chart plot it and have my 2d and side image up all the time. Gonna see what comes out new first of the year! Might mount a hds 12 next to the bird!

But I really have been slobbering over that onix...decisions, decisions. Think I need a new boat to go with 2 units lol
Posted By: parttime

Re: How many of yall - 10/08/15 02:24 PM

You guys got me thinking... I have my HDS-5 that I replace on the console with an 8. I was going to put it on the bow, but I would only use it up there a few times a year. I just might put it on the console now.

Re: How many of yall - 10/09/15 12:00 AM

Do like the idea of using the old ones for simply charts and maps. thumb
Posted By: big10

Re: How many of yall - 10/09/15 01:52 AM

Originally Posted By: parttime
You guys got me thinking... I have my HDS-5 that I replace on the console with an 8. I was going to put it on the bow, but I would only use it up there a few times a year. I just might put it on the console now.

Put it on the console. In a world where money is no issue i would have 3 10s at the console. One strictly for charts, one for split 2d sonar and downscan, and 1 for sidescan. Unfortunatly money is an issue. bang
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum