Texas Fishing Forum

The Channel Cat Chummer?

Posted By: WillieRip

The Channel Cat Chummer? - 10/01/15 06:40 PM

I have three of these available for anyone who wants to try. Once I give these three samples out there gone! PM.

All the sample are gone now.

Try one out. There available on Amazon: blackwarriorlures.com/amazon

NOTE: This is a common dog ball throwing device repurposed for throwing channel catfish chum.
Posted By: HeavyLead

Re: The Channel Cat Chummer? - 10/01/15 07:43 PM

I like watching your videos. Feels like I'm just out fishing with a buddy. smile
Posted By: Chemdawg

Re: The Channel Cat Chummer? - 10/02/15 03:08 AM

that look like a tennis ball through i have one for my dog I sent you a pm

Re: The Channel Cat Chummer? - 10/02/15 02:00 PM

I bought these directly from a pet product manufacturer whom I worked with to put my brand name on it and use it for this purpose. I'm waiting on a large shipment to come in next week or so, and I have a big invoice to prove I bought these for my business with my brand for this purpose.
Posted By: taterpop

Re: The Channel Cat Chummer? - 10/03/15 03:42 AM

Damon looks good I belive it's a hit.
Posted By: Daniel Mtanous

Re: The Channel Cat Chummer? - 10/05/15 09:10 PM

I thought it looked like a ball thrower for dogs.

Re: The Channel Cat Chummer? - 10/06/15 12:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Daniel Mtanous
I thought it looked like a ball thrower for dogs.

Right it's A Ball Thrower for Dogs Used to Throw Channel Cat Chum. That makes for a long title though. Channel Cat Chummer is a lot shorter. Maybe dog ball throw should be the subtitle or something.

If you have a dog thrower, try it and see how it works as a chummer. I'm not claiming to have invented anything new here. But for people who don't have any kind of decent chumming device, this may be a good option for you. Just repurposed a common device many of you are familiar with.

There's a bunch of tools out there for carp fishermen who chum but nothing out there for catfishermen. So I looked an found a Chinese manufacturer who makes these, and I figure they would make good chummers for catfishermen.
Posted By: Muzzlebrake

Re: The Channel Cat Chummer? - 10/06/15 01:06 PM

Not to take away from this thread because it's a good idea and I believe will work for longer throws but here is what I use. It's a simple gutter cleaning tool from Home Depot
http://www.homedepot.com/p/InvisaFlow-Gutter-Getter-Scoop-8300/203829209
Posted By: SangerCrappieMan

Re: The Channel Cat Chummer? - 10/06/15 08:53 PM

What kind of chum were you throwing?

Re: The Channel Cat Chummer? - 10/08/15 01:46 AM

Oh, I throw soured wheat & maggot chum.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum