Texas Fishing Forum

looking for someone who would be willing to mail some fresh frozen shad throughout the winter

Posted By: mad_catter1990

looking for someone who would be willing to mail some fresh frozen shad throughout the winter - 09/30/15 02:25 AM

Been away for a while dealing with personal issues. But its good to be back. But anyways. From what I've read on usps website it is legal to mail frozen goods including fish through the mail...so I'm wondering if anybody on here that fishes and catches their own bait often would be willing to catch some extra bait and freeze them up and mail me them here in kansas periodically throughout the winter...I recently sold my bigger boat. And all I have is a 12ft Jon that I am not able to throw a net from. Not to mention I no longer have a fishfinder since it went with the boat..if anybody is willing to help me out through the winter, I would be willing to pay for shipping and more than compensate for time and gas. Lol ...I am located in topeka kansas now..:(. And I plan on fishing quite a bit in the winter on the river until it freezes around january. So. If interested and willing. Pm me or text me 7852304334 so we can work out the details...
Posted By: Vess

Re: looking for someone who would be willing to mail some fresh frozen shad throughout the winter - 09/30/15 02:52 AM

dude go to any boat ramp or dock on shawnee lake and they school in the shallows in huge schools. or the spillway at perry or clinton lake. pamona all the ks lakes have great shad to be caught in the winter. the boat launch areas always load up with shad trying not to freeze
Posted By: mad_catter1990

Re: looking for someone who would be willing to mail some fresh frozen shad throughout the winter - 09/30/15 02:59 AM

Shawnee is all but lost...it is filled with milfoil. It's bad now.
Posted By: Adam94

Re: looking for someone who would be willing to mail some fresh frozen shad throughout the winter - 09/30/15 02:05 PM

How many were did you think you were looking for? PM me I may be able to help.
Posted By: UrsusVeritas

Re: looking for someone who would be willing to mail some fresh frozen shad throughout the winter - 09/30/15 03:59 PM

Any creeks you can get them in? Here in DFW the Shad are thick in feeder creeks in the winter and are easy pickings.

Also, have you tried to throw your net from the jon boat. I throw mine from the sitting position in a 11.5 ft kayak. It took practice, but is very doable.

Id offer to help you out, but my first child is due in Nov, so this may be a slow fishing season for me...
Posted By: olenarey87

Re: looking for someone who would be willing to mail some fresh frozen shad throughout the winter - 09/30/15 09:45 PM

Dalton, you know I would if I could. I can barely get shad for myself in the winter months though unfortunately. If I get to where I can catch them out at my Richland Chambers on my buddies CC I will definitely hit you up!
Posted By: Vess

Re: looking for someone who would be willing to mail some fresh frozen shad throughout the winter - 09/30/15 10:03 PM

Originally Posted By: mad_catter1990
Shawnee is all but lost...it is filled with milfoil. It's bad now.

winter months kills all of that. the boat ramp south of the marina and shawnee jr is the one i always caught bait at. off the point that separates the lake and boat ramp. it will be clouds of them in there in december
Posted By: Big Sam

Re: looking for someone who would be willing to mail some fresh frozen shad throughout the winter - 09/30/15 10:15 PM

I dang sure would watch my Ps & Q's in a 12ft flat bottom ..... Try hanging out at some of the local lakes talk to people you'll hit the right person. When we travel fishing not once have I not been helped when I asked...you'll be surprised to find out some of the small lakes that are full of shad....
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum