Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Grapevine

Posted By: Student

Lake Grapevine - 09/26/15 03:43 AM

I am wanting to fish Lake Grapevine this coming week or next week. I will be banking and would like to know a good place that is safe and I can park my car close to me. You don't have to give up your favorite spot, but a hint would be awesome smile!! thanks a bunch!

Re: Lake Grapevine - 09/26/15 07:04 PM

I am just wanting a safe place to take my niece and father in law to have some family time!
Posted By: Chiprat

Re: Lake Grapevine - 09/26/15 07:32 PM

Try over by Sand Bass drive (look it up on MapQuest) that area is good, and has easy access... or you can look in the Bank fishing section here and find a very good Map and areas that are good.... Good luck

Re: Lake Grapevine - 09/26/15 10:18 PM

That is good to know. I have checked the bank fishing forum of this site and non offers what I am looking for. I have skunked so much lately that I just want to catch something.
Posted By: BrianTx01

Re: Lake Grapevine - 09/27/15 12:57 PM

It has been slow lately on G-Vine. I haven't been able to figure out the pattern since the ramps opened up again.

Re: Lake Grapevine - 09/27/15 05:48 PM

That is not good! It has been like that since the rain. I went to Tawakoni twice and got skunked, Ray Roberts twice and got skunked, and now I looking into G-vine and possibly getting skunk there too..lol

Re: Lake Grapevine - 09/27/15 06:18 PM

If you are bank fishing you should talk to bankfishingdave.
Posted By: Outfitter Nomore

Re: Lake Grapevine - 09/27/15 09:16 PM

Grapevine needs to cool off for bigger fish but if you want eaters try 35 to 45 ft. Live shad has been the ticket
We've been taking 20 to 30 each trip.

Re: Lake Grapevine - 09/28/15 12:02 PM

The Super Moon threw a skunking at my little boy Luke and me on Gvine.

Re: Lake Grapevine - 09/29/15 06:15 PM

I am only bank fishing and I don't think I can fish on those deeper waters. Which one of public entries have a good place to fish for bank fishing I have been looking at them, but most of the looks like a parking lot for boats...lol I can't afford a boat or even a pontoon...ha!
Posted By: DavidWhatley

Re: Lake Grapevine - 09/29/15 07:10 PM

Install navionics app on your phone (navionics.com)and you can find promising areas. Then look at Google maps and figure out how to get there.
I may be going this saturday and if a friend decides not to go, you're welcome to come with me. I will go to either Arlington or GV. I have a boat but plan to look for spots that a person can hit from the bank. May also bait some of those areas. If I bait a few areas I will be sharing the coordinates here for everyone.
Posted By: Muzzlebrake

Re: Lake Grapevine - 09/29/15 11:33 PM

Try the rocky point on northwest side of Katie's Woods. You will have to park at the little pull out and walk down thru the woods about 50 yds. Catch you some perch for live bait and maybe try chicken breast soaked in garlic or hot dogs soaked in garlic. Fish some poles close to the bank and some out deep. There is some 40ft water off that point.

Re: Lake Grapevine - 09/30/15 07:52 PM

That sounds like a plan to me. I have never been there before and was wondering if the place is safe?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum