Texas Fishing Forum

Boat Help...

Posted By: CrappieTX

Boat Help... - 09/16/15 01:20 PM

Need someone to clean my boat carbs and sync them up. It has 3 carbs. It will stay started if I pump the key choke consistently. Other than that it starves out. Looking for someone who is not going to break it off in me like the few I have talk to who have big shops and lots of overhead. Any suggestions?
NOT looking for a free job. No problem paying. Just not BPS or big shop prices.
Thx in advance!
Posted By: CrappieTX

Re: Boat Help... - 09/16/15 01:20 PM

2001 tracker 75hp
Posted By: hurricane 201

Re: Boat Help... - 09/16/15 01:24 PM

There are several who advertise on the trading post part of the forum. never used them, don't know if they are more affordable, couldn't recommend any of them. But its a place to start looking for the right guy to care for your baby.
Posted By: Capt.

Re: Boat Help... - 09/16/15 02:48 PM

May not be convenient to you but I highly recommend Bunting Marine in Wylie. They know their stuff, at a fair price and stand behind their work.
Posted By: Blues

Re: Boat Help... - 09/16/15 03:34 PM

Do you have any mechanical back ground? Boat carbs are like abu reels, the guts in them look overwhelming at first, then after you've taken your time and got it cleaned and running good it's rewarding.
Posted By: Big Sam

Re: Boat Help... - 09/16/15 09:30 PM

There is a lot things that can cause that...fuel line ...filter....fuel-pump...water...etc....I would check the fuel line ...then filter...then the filter should have a Allen screw to drain off water...drain the gas tank...then see where I am at....most boat shops are 50-100 bucks an hr labor...so that said eliminate what you can safely W/O messing things up worse....
Posted By: SGT BALLARD

Re: Boat Help... - 09/17/15 02:53 AM

Originally Posted By: CropieTX
Need someone to clean my boat carbs and sync them up. It has 3 carbs. It will stay started if I pump the key choke consistently. Other than that it starves out. Looking for someone who is not going to break it off in me like the few I have talk to who have big shops and lots of overhead. Any suggestions?
NOT looking for a free job. No problem paying. Just not BPS or big shop prices.
Thx in advance!

jwade marine
J Wade
Loc: Rockwall, TX., USA

214-460-5595
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum